Introduction to CWL and Docker: automating workflows in Life Sciences
Update: 20 March 2020
Unfortunately, given the current situation, the "Introduction to CWL and Docker: automating workflows in Life Sciences" workshop will have to be postponed.
We will be holding the workshop in the (hopefully) near future, and we will investigate multiple options for the workshop delivery, beyond having a physical, face-2-face event (including fully virtual as well as hybrid forms). In any case, we will be announcing this as soon as possible.
Regarding people who have already registered, we will maintain the registrations (the form is now temporarily closed), so there is no additional action from your end.
Kind regards, and be safe everyone!
Fotis and Thanasis
Reproducible research is an important part of good scientific practice; therefore, establishing robust computational analysis workflows can greatly facilitate this. There has been a strong emphasis on establishing graphic workflow management systems, such as Galaxy and Knime. However, the landscape and complexity of Linux command line tools for workflow management is vast and complicated. This 2-day workshop covers all the steps from defining containers using Docker, to constructing module-based workflows using the Common Workflow Language (CWL).
- Course title: Introduction to CWL and Docker: automating workflows in Life Sciences - Athens, Greece
- When: March 30-31, 2020.
- Time: 09:00 – 17:00.
- Where: National Infrastructures for Research and Technology (GRNET), Kifisias Avenue 7, 115 23, Athens, Greece (more info here)
- Dates: 30-31 March, 2020
- Cost: Free (there will be coffee breaks and light lunches provided).
- Registration: There are 25 seats available, registration will remain open until March 16th, 2020 unless seats are filled up before the deadline. Please register to the workshop using this form. Registration to the workshop will be at first-come first-serve basis. However, in case the number of registrations exceeds the maximum, priority will be given to participants from ELIXIR-GR institutions with tools which are already included, or planned to be included, in the Service Delivery Plan of the Node, while ensuring uniform participation from all interested institutions.
- Notifications: Wed 18/03/2020
- Organisers: Fotis Psomopoulos (INAB|CERTH) and Thanasis Vergoulis (ATHENA RC)
To find our more and register please visit: https://fpsom.github.io/intro-to-cwl-docker/
This workshop is supported by the RDA Europe Ambassador programme. It has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 (H2020) research and innovation programme via the RDA EU 4.0 project (ref. GA no. 777388).