Weather, climate and air quality Interest group roadmap definition and future plans
Short introduction describing the activities and the scope of the group:
The main goals of the group are to:
* Encourage weather, climate and air quality communities to enforce the data curation by converging to common ontologies and metadata, defining or proposing standards in collaboration with the already working RDA Metadata IG
* Work on open data/open science initiative fostering the adoption of technologies (i. e. PIDs generation) which facilitate experiments reproducibility
* Involve communities like ENES (Earth System modelling), ESIWACE (Centre of Excellence in Simulation of Weather and Climate) and ENVRI (environmental research)
* Participate in Data Sharing Infrastructure like EUDAT and the Earth System Grid Federation (ESGF)
Additional links to informative material related to the group i.e. group page, Case statement, working documents etc
Interest Group page: https://www.rd-alliance.org/groups/weather-climate-and-air-quality
Interst Group case statement: https://www.rd-alliance.org/sites/default/files/case_statement/WeatherCl...
* First contact with IG members
* Definition of the IG roadmap
* Discussion about links with other IG and WG
* Introduction of chairs and welcome (10 min)
* Presentation of participants (30 min)
* Review the IG plans (20 min)
* Define an activity schedule for the next 12 months (30 min)
The minutes of the session will be published on the IG RDA page and circulated by email after the meeting.
The targeted audience is people involved in Earth Sciences (weather, climate and air quality) interested to become member of the IG and members already registered. We will particularly invite to this session the participants to the workshop on the creation of this IG held at the BSC in February and the following BoF organized in Tokyo for P7.
We recommend that attendees of this session read the case statement of the IG before coming.*
Group chair serving as contact person: Pierre-Antoine Bretonnière
Type of meeting: informative meeting
Group maturity: 0-6 months