Libraries for Research Data (L4RD) Interest Group Meeting
Breakout Session #2 - Room: Vail
Thursday, 15 September, 14:00-15:30 (2pm-3:30pm)
Michael Witt will give a quick background on the interest group’s activities to date and an overview of today’s session.
2. European Survey of Academic Libraries and Research Data Services
Wolfram Horstmann will show the results of a European Survey on Academic Libraries and Research Data Services that was facilitated by the European Federation of Research Libraries (LIBER). A survey with a similar design has been carried out in North America by the Association of Research Libraries (ARL) enabling comparisons between the continents.
3. The Library as an Important Player For Research Data Management
Chuck Humphrey will lead a group discussion about the key roles for libraries in the area of research data management and how we can develop effective international strategies for establishing that role with key stakeholders.
4. Updates and Topics from Members
Brief 5-minute updates from L4RD members and library organizations:
- Organization Models for Libraries Providing Research Data Services, RDA/Sloan DataShare fellowship report - Cheryl Thompson
- U.S. Department of Transportation, National Transportation Library Data Services - Amanda Wilson
- Australian National Data Service - Natasha Simons
- IFLA Journal Special Issue on Research Data Services - Michael Witt
- Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche (LIBER) Update - Susan Reilly
- SHARE and the Data Curation Network - Cynthia Hudson-Vitale
- Los Alamos National Laboratory - Joshua Finnell & Brian Cain
- LIS Curricula and Research Programmes - Eva Méndez
- California Digital Library, University of California Curation Center - John Chodaki
- National Library of Ireland - Sandra Collins
5. New Chair Nominations and Election
Audience: Librarians and other information professionals
Group chair serving as contact person: Michael Witt
Past programs, activities, and outputs can be found and reviewed on the L4RD's wiki, https://rd-alliance.org/groups/libraries-research-data/wiki/libraries-research-data-wiki-index.html.