Date & time: Tuesday 1st March - 16:30 - 18:00 - Working Meeting Session 3
Meeting title: Geospatial IG Meeting
The Geospatial Interest Group is a domain oriented interest group to coordinate and build synergies on topics related to geospatial data. Though there has been lot of developments and advances in geo data collection through mobile communications, sensor platforms, spatial search, and pervasive computing but still, the inter-disciplinary research needed to transform raw data into useful intelligence, to improve the planet's environmental, economic and societal well being, remains constrained by a range of barriers - disciplinary, organisational, historical, and a non-existent or non-rigorous approach to quantifying uncertainty in collected datasets.
* To plan ideas for GeoBigData workshop at University of Nottingham which will lead by the GeospatialIG on June 2016 (coinciding with RDA Chairs meeting which will be hosted by the University of Nottingham and British Geological Survey in Nottingham)
* Ideas/inputs for specific WG activities to be initiated in Geospatial IG (call will be send out to the community)
* Updates on Geospatial IG
* Ideas for specific actions in Geospatial IG and Big Data Analytics IG joint meeting (from previous Plenary meeting)
* Plans for GeoBigData workshop at University of Nottingham on June 2016 (coinciding with RDA Chairs meeting which will be hosted by the University of Nottingham and British Geological Survey in Nottingham)
* 2- 3 short presentations to be finalised on Geo (inputs from the community)
* Ideas/inputs for specific WG activities to be initiated (call will be send out to the community)
We welcome all those who have interest in location as an integrating aspect in their research to join our IG and also our meeting. We are a very multi-disciplinary group of over 100 active members from all continents.