Description / Abstract / Agenda:
Education and Training on handling of research data 1
Date & Time: BREAKOUT3 Monday 22 Sept 2014, 15.30 – 17.00
Education and Training on handling of research data
Date & Time: BREAKOUT5 Tuesday 23 Sept 2014, 14.00 – 15.30
The newly created IG on Education and Training on research data aims at having its first meeting at RDA4. We plan to have two sessions and we estimate an audience of 40+ people. Ideally, the meetings will not be scheduled in conflict with the Libraries for Research Data sessions.
Agenda and presentations
- Agenda discussion and update on activities
- Summary of the EDISON Workshop held on 21 Sept 2014 at UvA (Yuri Demchenko, UvA)
- Open resources and MOOCs on data professions (Valerie Brasse, IS4ri)
- Cases and experience:
- APARSEN training/qualification in science data preservation (Ruben Riestra Cherbavaz, Inmark; Matthias L. Hemmje, FTK)
- Discussion (Part 1)
- Approach to define the professions-competencies matrix.
- Definition of the spectrum of data related professions
For domain-specific presentations, the structure of the presentations is suggested as follows:
- What type of data are used in your discipline and what are the problems/difficulties they pose
- What skills do the data professionals need to have (potential differentiations between data collections and secondary data users?)
- What trainings are already offered, plus an assessment if they are enough and certification currently offered.
- What is still needed, and how could a collaboration with other disciplines be of benefit?
Education and Training on handling of research data IG
Miguel-Angel Sicilia, Yuri Demchenko, Natasha Balac
Chair contact emails :
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Do you plan to have more than one session? If so specify how many:
Preference to avoid conflicting schedule with the following WG/IG/BoF group meetings: