IG-ETRD Meeting: Joining efforts on delivering Research Data Handling training to wider community
Meeting agenda - 5th April, Breakout 2, 14:00 - 15:30
1. Welcome and state of the IG (3-5 min)
2. Updates from spin-off groups and liaison/collaboration with other IG/WG - provided by IG chairs with contribution from spin-off groups (15 min)
* Teaching TDM skills
* Accreditation and Certification
* Research Data Management Curriculum
* Data Champion Communities
* Others - TBA
3. Projects and initiatives update (5 min, 3-5 slides)
3.1. EOSCpilot Project and training on Open Science (Kevin Ashley, DCC)
3.2. FOSTER Plus Project (Eloy Rodrigues, Uni Minho)
3.3. GO FAIR initiative and FAIR TRAIN group actions plan update (TBC)
3.4. EDISON Data Science Framework (EDSF) and support for targeted training and capacity building on core data expertise (Yuri Demchenko, UvA)
3.5. Research Data Management and Sharing MOOC after one year (Robin Rice - TBC)
3.6. Seize the opportunity: Data talking points at the Göttingen Open Science Meet-up (Birgit Schmidt, Univ Goettingen)
4. RDA/US Data Share Fellows program (5 min) (Chris Eaker)
5. Open discussion (30 min)
6. Summary of the most important actions and initiatives (5 min)
Short introduction describing the activities and the scope of the group:
The IG-ETHRD provides a venue for exchanging information about existing developments and initiatives related to education and training on research data handling. The IG scope includes creation of taxonomies of the competences and skills required by different groups of data management specialists/professionals that will provide a basis for recognition of new professions of Data Scientist, Data Librarian, Data Curator and defining required educational and training curricula.
This meeting will be specifically focused on discussing existing and new initiatives to address Data Science and research data handling education and training with the goal to facilitate information exchange between them and cooperation. It will target projects and initiatives in Europe, USA and worldwide.
Additional links to informative material related to the group i.e. group page, Case statement, working documents etc
The objectives of this meeting is to gather practitioners involved into education and training on Data Science and Research Data Management and discuss possible activities, community initiatives and project to benefit from coordination and cooperation.
Specific topics that will be proposed for discussion may include but not limited to:
1. taxonomies of the competences and skills required by different groups of data management specialists/professionals
2. accreditation of education and training programs
3. basic curricular elements for research data management
4. turning RDA outputs into educational resources
5. others, as proposed and acted on by participantsAudience:
Researchers, data managers, digital librarians, data infrastructure managers and operators.
Education and training organisations, representatives of related project.
Group chairs serving as contacts: Yuri Demchenko, Amy Nurnberger
Type of meeting:Working meeting
Group maturity: more than 18 months