Earth, Space, and Environmental Sciences Interest Group Session (Remote Access Instructions)
Collaborative session notes and presentations:
Short introduction describing the scope of the group and if any previous activities
The Earth, space and environmental science community is developing, through multiple international efforts, both domain-specific and general leading practices for data management, infrastructure development, vocabularies, and common data/digital services. This Interest Group is working towards coordinating and harmonizing these efforts to reduce possible duplication, increase efficiency, share use cases, and promote partnerships and adoption in the community. This will be the first meeting for this Interest Group. All are welcome to attend.
Additional links to informative material related to the group
Our IG Page: https://rd-alliance.org/groups/earth-space-and-environmental-sciences-in...
This interest group was a direct outcome of previously canvassed interest at the 10th Plenary Montreal: EarthCube International Partnerships BoF meeting:
In this initial meeting we will review the Interest Group objectives, provide awareness from those involved on projects that have an international reach, discuss approaches to support and coordinate similar projects objectives across multiple groups, share project information and assess any dependencies, overlaps, and gaps. Possible outcomes include establishing awareness or training sessions in order for members to benefit from current or previous efforts.
0-10 Mins: Introduction and tour de table - please fill in table in meeting notes.
10-15 Mins: Review of Interest Group Objectives - Summary of the IG Case Statement
15-70 Mins: Presentation on Groups with International Reach
- 'Umbrella groups' - those that coordinate within the Earth, Space & Environmental Sciences: 4 mins max
- AGU FAIR project (Shelley Stall)
- ESIP (Steve Diggs)
- EarthCube (Kerstin Lehnert)
- Australian Groups - AuScope, IMOS, TERN (Lesley Wyborn)
- European Groups - ENVRI, EPOS, etc (Helen Glaves)
- OGC Geoscience and Other working groups (Mickael Beaufils - remote dial in)
- Belmont Forum e-Infrastructure and Data Management (Rowena Davis)
- Earth System Modelling (Martina Stockhause)
- Open the floor for other groups to be named.
- 'Stratospheric groups' - those above and across the domain umbrella groups and related 'clouds' for Earth, Space & Environmental research and are laying the foundations for transdisciplinary science: 4 mins max
- WDS (Mustapha Mokrane)
- ICSU/ISSU/CODATA Data integration Commission (Simon Hodson)
- Open the floor for other groups to be named
70-85 Mins: Review of IG Case Statement Comments - should we include spatial, Earth Observation, ??????
85-90 Mins: Wrap up and next steps.
Our target audiences are members of RDA with interest in Earth, space, and environmental sciences.
Group chair serving as contact person: Shelley Stall
Type of meeting: Working meeting
Group maturity: 0-6 months
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
Access Code: 630-782-261
Australia: +61 2 9091 7603
Austria: +43 1 2060 92964
Belgium: +32 28 93 7002
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9373
Denmark: +45 32 72 03 69
Finland: +358 923 17 0556
France: +33 170 950 590
Germany: +49 693 8098 999
Ireland: +353 15 621 583
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Netherlands: +31 207 941 375
New Zealand: +64 9 282 9510
Norway: +47 21 93 37 37
Spain: +34 932 75 1230
Sweden: +46 853 527 818
Switzerland: +41 225 4599 60
United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5011
United States: +1 (571) 317-3116
First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check