Skip to main content

Notice

The new RDA web platform is still being rolled out. Existing RDA members PLEASE REACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT using this link: https://rda-login.wicketcloud.com/users/confirmation. Please report bugs, broken links and provide your feedback using the UserSnap tool on the bottom right corner of each page. Stay updated about the web site milestones at https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-web-platform-upcoming-features-and-functionalities/.

Re: Upcoming RDA P16 Adoption Session – COVID Panel

• Creator
    Discussion

Mary Uhlmansiek
    Participant

Thanks again to those who volunteered to be panelists at this session or sent in suggestions for the discussion. We have representation from every group except the Omics subgroup – if anyone from that group would care to join us, we have a planning meeting scheduled for Tuesday, 27 Oct, at 11am UTC – just let me know and I’ll share the invitation.
    Best regards,
    Mary
    Date: Thursday, October 15, 2020 at 3:03 PM
    To: Claire Austin , Alexander Bernier , “***@***.***-tlse3.fr” , Kheeran Dharmawardena , Brian Pickering , Stephanie Carroll Russo , Joanne Stocks , Michelle Barker , “Fotis Psomopoulos (via Google Slides)” , “Shanahan, Hugh”
    Cc: Leslie McIntosh
    Subject: Re: Upcoming RDA P16 Adoption Session – COVID Panel
    All,
    Thank you again for volunteering to be part of this panel. The roster has expanded, so I’ve updated the list below. Since the plenary is rapidly approaching, I’d like to quickly schedule a planning meeting for the session; can you please indicate your availability at the following doodle poll? https://doodle.com/poll/trgp6heddgb2vkmq
    As this group spans US/Canadian, European, and Australian time zones, there are very limited scheduling options available. I appreciate your flexibility, and will be happy to communicate information to anyone not able to make one of these times work. On that note, I wanted to give a friendly reminder that the session is scheduled on Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020, from 9:00 – 10:30 PM UTC.
    For the software group, I included all three of the volunteers mentioned; just let me know if you nominate a specific panelist, or if all three of you would like to attend.
    Once all the panelists are finalized, I will send your contact information to the Streampoint team to schedule presenter training on use of the virtual meeting platform.
    Many thanks,
    Mary
    From: on behalf of muhlmansiek via RDA COVID19 Coordination
    Reply-To: Mary O’Brien Uhlmansiek
    Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 at 4:51 PM
    To: “***@***.***-groups.org”
    Cc: Hilary Hanahoe , Rebecca Koskela , Leslie McIntosh
    Subject: Re: [rdacovid19-coordination] Upcoming RDA P16 Adoption Session
    All,
    Thank you for the speedy responses and input on this session. It is shaping up nicely, as the following members have offered to participate:
    * Claire Austin, Epi
    * Alexander Bernier, Legal & Ethical
    * Anne Cambon-Thomsen, Clinical
    * Kheeran Dharmawardena, Community Participation
    * Brian Pickering, Legal & Ethical, Social Sciences
    * Stephanie Russo Carroll (or another representative from GIDA)
    * Joanne Stocks, Community Participation, Epi
    * Software subgroup: Michelle Barker/Fotis Psomopoulos, Hugh Shanahan
    Leslie McIntosh has kindly agreed to serve as moderator for the panel. For those who may not know Leslie, she has a doctorate in Public Health and Biostatistics, and tremendous expertise in the area of research reproducibility, and so will be an excellent moderator for this discussion. Although she recently stepped down from her role as the RDA-US Executive Director, she is still very involved with RDA activities.
    I’ll reach out soon to schedule a planning meeting with the participants. There is still time if any others would like to join this session – just let me know!
    Thanks and regards,
    Mary
    Date: Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at 4:06 PM
    To: “***@***.***-groups.org”
    Cc: Hilary Hanahoe , Rebecca Koskela
    Subject: Upcoming RDA P16 Adoption Session
    Dear RDA COVID-19 WG Co-chairs and Moderators,
    I hope you are doing well and staying healthy. I’m writing today for your assistance in planning for the Plenary 16 session, “RDA Adoption Opportunities and Highlights,” scheduled on Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020, from 9:00 – 10:30 PM UTC. The RDA Secretariat would like to dedicate a significant portion of this session to discuss the potential impact and adoption of the RDA COVID-19 Recommendations and Guidelines, given the timeliness of the topic, and the impressive amount of work that went into producing the final outputs in such a short period of time.
    We think an interactive panel discussion could be of great interest to the RDA membership, and can reserve approximately 60 minutes for the discussion. The panel could potentially address some of the following topics, although we are greatly interested in your ideas as well:
    1. How other RDA-related groups collaborated on the development of the outputs (e.g., FAIRsharing, GIDA, ReSA, Metadata standards WG, etc.);
    2. Present navigation tools (DS Wizard, Mindmap);
    3. Any adoption examples you may be aware of, or else emphasizing the opportunities for such;
    4. The potential impact of adoption for various stakeholders;
    5. Any other related topics you’d like to address.
    If you are amenable to this proposal, we’d appreciate receiving volunteers or suggestions for panelists. As the session is only one month away, we don’t have much time to organize and prepare, so we kindly ask you to please send any feedback/suggestions by close-of-business on Monday, 12 Oct.
    Thank you very much for your time and consideration of this request. We greatly appreciate all that you do for the RDA, and for the cause of open science and data-sharing!
    Best regards,
    Mary
    Mary O’Brien Uhlmansiek, MA
    Director, Implementation & Outreach
    Research Data Alliance – US/RA
    Member, RDA Secretariat
    https://www.rd-alliance.org
    ORCID: 0000-0002-7949-2057
    ___________________________________________________________________________________
    RDA 16th Plenary Meeting, 10 – 12 November 2020, San Jose, Costa Rica – see updates
    RDA 17th Plenary Meeting, April 2021, Edinburgh, Scotland – see updates
    IDW2021 (co-organised by RDA, CODATA and WDS and incorporates 18th RDA Plenary Meeting), 8-11 November 2021, Seoul, Republic of Korea – see updates
    IDW2023 (co-organised by RDA, CODATA and WDS and incorporating the RDA Plenary Meeting), 23-26 October 2023, Salzburg, Austria – see updates

Homepage

• Author
    Replies

Hi All,
    Apologies, I was on a much needed vacation.
    I am available Nov 11 and happy to serve on the panel but I’m also cc’ing
    my co-chair Rob Hooft in the
    Netherlands to double check in case he is available and could likewise
    serve.
    We had several very involved WG members on omics who could also serve on
    such a panel (especially Zoe Cournia , Center
    for Translational Research Biomedical Research Foundation Academy of Athens
    & Christian Busse ,
    German Cancer Research Center) if you need to spread out national
    representation on the panel.
    No worries, one of us from Omics will be happy to do so. For the
    meantime, feel free to pencil me in and I’ll do likewise.
    Thanks,
    Natalie
    On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 1:34 PM muhlmansiek via RDA COVID19 Coordination <
    ***@***.***-groups.org> wrote: