This is a working area dedicated to RDA-related activities, updates and events in Australia.
If you would like to contribute to the group or receive all RDA in Australia updates, please register by clicking on the green "Join Group" button on the right. You will then be automatically subscribed to the group mailinglist.
Please also feel free to share your own events and activities via posts to the mailinglist, by creating Wiki pages, or by adding to the group calendar. You can also email stefanie.kethers<at>ardc.edu.au if you would like information included in this group.
Some useful information
- Page on Hilary Hanahoe's RDA Meet & Greet Australia tour (24 July - 8 August 2019) - includes all presentation slides, the Meet & Greet Australia Webinar and an e-communication package. Hilary has also written a Blog post about her tour.
- RDA for Newcomers
Information about upcoming RDA events in Australia
The 15th RDA Plenary meeting will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre from 18-20 March 2019, co-located with C3DIS, which will be held from 16-18 March.
Please see the RDA Plenary 15 page, which will be updated regularly, for more information.
At eResearch Australasia 2019 (which takes place at the same time as the 14th RDA Plenary in Helsinki), Keith Russell will be giving a talk on "Reaping the benefits of the Research Data Alliance in Australia" on Thursday, 24 October, 11:20 - 11:40 in room Boulevard B3.
Specific topics of interest
Data Management Plans
- There is an active RDA Interest Groups on Data Management Plans: Active Data Management Plans IG, plus two RDA Working Groups currently finalising their outputs: DMP Common Standards WG, and Exposing Data Management Plans WG.
- The material (including the slides and recording) from the Webinar on Data Management Plans in the RDA Output Adoption Webinar Series (31 July 2019) with speakers Daniel Bangert (RDA Secretariat), Kathryn Unsworth (Exposing Data Management Plans WG), Tomasz Miksa (Active Data Management Plans IG), Peter Neish (DMP Common Standards WG), Sam Rust (DCC) is now available.
- The ARDC facilitates a local Data Management Plans Interest Group, which feeds into the RDA Working and Interest Groups on Data Management Plans. See the ARDC Communities of Practice page for more detail.
- Publishers and funders are increasingly looking at data being deposited in certified Trusted Data Repositories. This came, for example, out of the European Commission Expert Group on FAIR data (p.12, 14, 17; Recommendation 9, 20 p.15, 17) and publisher and community signing of the AGU Enabling FAIR data commitment statement. To help organisations have trustworthy data repositories, particularly the CoreTrustSeal certification, ARDC has been bringing together a community of practice. By sharing experiences and documents through the community of practice, effort will be reduced for all involved to gain CoreTrustSeal certification. ARDC has already worked with CSIRO, the National Imaging Facility and Australian Data Archive to achieve CoreTrustSeal certification in 2016-2018.
- For more detail, please visit https://bit.ly/2ROY38F.