Skip to main content

Notice

The new RDA web platform is still being rolled out. Existing RDA members PLEASE REACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT using this link: https://rda-login.wicketcloud.com/users/confirmation. Please report bugs, broken links and provide your feedback using the UserSnap tool on the bottom right corner of each page. Stay updated about the web site milestones at https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-web-platform-upcoming-features-and-functionalities/.

AW: [harmonizing-fair] Telco: Harmonze FAIR descriptions of observational data today…

  • Creator
    Discussion
  • #109414

    Barbara Magagna
    Participant

    Hi to all,
    yes I will do this. But probably we have to find another Meeting time, because Simon Cox wants to join us in future… might be 21:00 CET the only hour where everybody could meet from the globus? But we will discuss this today
    Barbara
    Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10
    Von: John Graybeal
    Gesendet: Dienstag, 5. März 2019 16:47
    An: lucia.mona
    Cc: Magagna Barbara; Harmonizing FAIR descriptions of observational data WG; ***@***.***; christian pichot; ***@***.***; Alessandro Oggioni (***@***.***); Trembath, Philip (***@***.***); André Chanzy; Pier Buttigieg
    (***@***.***-bremen.de); Chris Mungall (***@***.***); Naouel Karam (***@***.***-berlin.de); ***@***.***; Ulrich Schwardmann; Paolo Diviacco; ***@***.***; Dr. Ing. Algergawy (***@***.***-jena.de); ***@***.***; ***@***.***; ***@***.***
    Betreff: Re: [harmonizing-fair] Telco: Harmonze FAIR descriptions of observational data today…
    Hi everyone,
    Sorry to miss this meeting this morning. I will attempt to learn the pattern and get it in my calendar permanently.
    But also, in hopes of increasing international (read: west of the Atlantic) participation, may I request we send out the announcement more than 24 hours ahead? It is disconcerting to realize the meeting happened before you actually got to read the email announcement.
    John
    On Mar 5, 2019, at 2:55 AM, lucia.mona wrote:
    Dear All
    I am sorry, but I am attending a different meeting.
    Regards
    Lucia
    ________________________________
    Da: “mabablue”
    A: “***@***.***” , “christian pichot” , “***@***.***” , “Alessandro Oggioni (***@***.***)” , “Trembath, Philip (***@***.***)”
    , “André Chanzy” , “Pier Buttigieg
    (***@***.***-bremen.de)”
    , “Chris Mungall (***@***.***)” , “Naouel Karam (***@***.***-berlin.de)” , “***@***.***” , “***@***.***”
    , “Ulrich Schwardmann” , “Paolo Diviacco”
    , “***@***.***” , “Dr. Ing. Algergawy (***@***.***-jena.de)” , “***@***.***” , “***@***.***” , “***@***.***” , “***@***.***-groups.org”
    Inviato: Martedì, 5 marzo 2019 9:44:39
    Oggetto: [harmonizing-fair] Telco: Harmonze FAIR descriptions of observational data today at 17.00 CET
    Dear all,
    we have a telco today at 17:00 CET.
    Please look at the minutes of our last telco:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KycpqSsnYQ8jbBQ_-d5mbyYCbyD7QtZX1oC2
    See the agenda of today’s telco here:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-KqjQp2RYmubrpqaXD9Zmpd2TviqG12u4-Qv
    Please subscribe to the group here:
    https://rd-alliance.org/groups/harmonizing-fair-descriptions-observation
    And please think about a better title of our working group!!
    These are remarks that I collected related to the title:
    Harmonizing FAIR descriptions – seems not correct, not all approaches are already FAIR
    Descriptions – could be misleading
    Observational data – not sure if measurements are here included
    Happy to talk to you soon. Please use this link:
    https://umweltbundesamt.adobeconnect.com/rage8948ghov/
    Best,
    Barbara
    Von: Magagna Barbara
    Gesendet: Montag, 04. Februar 2019 09:39
    An: ‘Markus Stocker’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Harry Lankreijer (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Alessandro Oggioni (***@***.***)’; ‘Trembath, Philip (***@***.***)’; ‘André Chanzy’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Pier Buttigieg
    (***@***.***-bremen.de)’; ‘Chris Mungall (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Naouel Karam (***@***.***-berlin.de)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ”***@***.***’ (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Ulrich Schwardmann’; ‘Paolo Diviacco’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Dr. Ing. Algergawy (***@***.***-jena.de)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Øystein Godøy’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ***@***.***; ***@***.***; Darroch, Louise J. (***@***.***); ‘***@***.***’
    Betreff: Harmonze FAIR descriptions of observational data tomorrow at 17.00 CET
    Hi all,
    I have good news! The BoF Session has been accepted. I have already created a WG page here: https://rd-alliance.org/groups/harmonizing-fair-descriptions-observation
    Please subscribe to this group.
    I would like to invite you again to participate to our monthy call, tomorrow, February 5th at 17.00 CET time using this link:https://umweltbundesamt.adobeconnect.com/rage8948ghov/
    We will talk about the session and how to adopt the agenda.
    I hope to meet many of you.
    Best regards,
    Barbara
    Von: Magagna Barbara
    Gesendet: Montag, 17. Dezember 2018 14:42
    An: ‘Markus Stocker’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Harry Lankreijer (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Alessandro Oggioni (***@***.***)’; ‘Trembath, Philip (***@***.***)’; ‘André Chanzy’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Pier Buttigieg (***@***.***-bremen.de)’; ‘Chris Mungall (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Naouel Karam (***@***.***-berlin.de)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ”***@***.***’ (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Ulrich Schwardmann’; ‘Paolo Diviacco’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Dr. Ing. Algergawy (***@***.***-jena.de)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Øystein Godøy’; ***@***.***; ‘***@***.***’
    Betreff: AW: Harmonze conceptualization of observation types – today at 17.00 CET
    Wichtigkeit: Hoch
    Hi to all again,
    I would like to know who from you is going to attend the next RDA Plenary Meeting in Philadelphia (April 2019). I am also wondering if colleagues from the US like John Graybeal or Chris Mungall might be there. We are planning to have a BoF for parameter harmonisation and are looking for co-chairs from the US and from Australia.
    And who from you would be willing to give a lightning talk about the usefulness of such a Working Group we are aiming for. Mark Schildhauer (from DataOne) has already agreed to contribute.
    I will come up with a draft of the agenda of the BoF soon. Next regular meeting would be 1rst January, which is a holiday, thus we will meet the week after, Tuesday, January 8. There had been requests to meet at 18.00 instead of 17.00 CET time. Any objections?
    Please let me know asap!
    Thank you very much.
    Barbara
    Barbara Magagna, DI
    Ecosystem Research & Environmental Information Management
    Ökosystemforschung & Umweltinformationsmanagement
    Phone: +43 – (0)1 – 31304 – 3447
    Fax: +43 – (0)1 – 31304 – 3533
    ***@***.***
    Environment Agency Austria (EAA)
    Umweltbundesamt GmbH
    Spittelauer Lände 5
    1090 Wien
    Österreich/Austria
    http://www.umweltbundesamt.at
    Firmenbuchnummer (Identification-No): FN 187010s
    Firmenbuchgericht: Handelsgericht Wien
    Die Informationen in dieser Nachricht sind vertraulich und ausschließlich für die/den AdressatIn bestimmt. Sollten
    Sie diese Nachricht irrtümlich erhalten haben, benachrichtigen Sie bitte umgehend die/den SenderIn und löschen
    Sie das Original. Jede andere Verwendung dieses E-Mails ist untersagt.
    Von: Magagna Barbara
    Gesendet: Dienstag, 04. Dezember 2018 13:33
    An: ‘Markus Stocker’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Harry Lankreijer (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Alessandro Oggioni (***@***.***)’; ‘Trembath, Philip (***@***.***)’; ‘André Chanzy’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Pier Buttigieg (***@***.***-bremen.de)’; ‘Chris Mungall (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Naouel Karam (***@***.***-berlin.de)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ”***@***.***’ (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Ulrich Schwardmann’; ‘Paolo Diviacco’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Dr. Ing. Algergawy (***@***.***-jena.de)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Øystein Godøy’
    Betreff: Harmonze conceptualization of observation types – today at 17.00 CET
    Wichtigkeit: Hoch
    Hi all,
    I would like to invite you again to participate to our monthy call at 17.00 CET time using this link:https://umweltbundesamt.adobeconnect.com/rage8948ghov/
    Main goal is to prepare a BoF for the next plenary session in Philadelphia (April 2019). Till 5th January we have time to submit a session for this.
    Best regards,
    Barbara
    Von: Magagna Barbara
    Gesendet: Donnerstag, 27. September 2018 21:46
    An: ‘Markus Stocker’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Harry Lankreijer (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Alessandro Oggioni (***@***.***)’; ‘Trembath, Philip (***@***.***)’; ‘André Chanzy’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Pier Buttigieg (***@***.***-bremen.de)’; ‘Chris Mungall (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Naouel Karam (***@***.***-berlin.de)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ”***@***.***’ (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Ulrich Schwardmann’; ‘Paolo Diviacco’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Dr. Ing. Algergawy (***@***.***-jena.de)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’
    Betreff: Harmonze conceptualization of observation types – first autumn call
    Dear all,
    after a long summer break and after coming back from ICEI2018, Jena, where I presented the activities of our group (see attached pdf) and spoke with some of the group I am ready to restart regular teleconferences on the topic. In my last emails before summer I asked you if any of you would go to the next RDA meeting in Botswana but nobody apart from Markus Stocker had planned to go. Due to this fact I don’t see the necessity to push us to quickly establish a RDA working group.
    Before writing a case statement I am convinced that it would anyhow be better to get more precisely defined our objectives and see if we match in our expectations.
    So please let’s try to schedule the next meeting via doodle, see here: https://doodle.com/poll/msmf9mu6exsknpcs
    Again all options are at 17.00 UTC+1, so that people from the States can also participate.
    If you (@Ilaria and others) know any other potential interested person we should include in this group please let me know. In the case you don’t want to get these emails any more please just write back and I will remove you from the list.
    I hope to have many of you on board again.
    Best regards,
    Barbara
    Von: Magagna Barbara
    Gesendet: Dienstag, 15. Mai 2018 15:57
    An: ‘Markus Stocker’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Harry Lankreijer (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Alessandro Oggioni (***@***.***)’; ‘Trembath, Philip (***@***.***)’; ‘André Chanzy’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Pier Buttigieg (***@***.***-bremen.de)’; ‘Chris Mungall (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Naouel Karam (***@***.***-berlin.de)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ”***@***.***’ (***@***.***)’; ***@***.***; Ulrich Schwardmann; Paolo Diviacco
    Betreff: Harmonize Observation types next steps
    Hi all,
    I am aware that I was silent about one month and the activities around this group were in a sleeping mode. The reason is that I was and still am submerged in work writing deliverables.
    Nevertheless I would like to inform you that there is still a high interest to continue in this activity and this is what I plan to do in the upcoming weeks:
    I would like to write the case statement for establishing a RDA Working Group. There are two question around this issue:
    1. Who is going to write this statement with me? I remember that Markus Stocker, Michael Diepenbroek, Friederike Klan, Gwen Moncoiffé. Pier Luigi Buttigieg already agreed to join this activity, or am I wrong? Whom else? Please confirm via slack channel! We will organize this separately.
    2. Who is going to attend the 12th RDA Meeting in Botswana 5-8 November? I cannot go because I have at the same time at an important meeting of the project I mainly am involved in. This is important to know if we want to be endorsed by the RDA as a WG by the next Plenary Meeting. If nobody goes there there we don’t have to hurry up for submitting the case statement. There are pros and cons postponing the submission, I fear if we don’t do it now we will loose the momentum. I would like to get your feedback via our slack channel.
    Once we have a draft to share I would like to have a next virtual meeting with the whole group, I suppose this could be mid of June. I will send a doodle for this.
    Some other news:
    * Michael Diepenbroek, Markus Stocker and I had submitted an abstract with the title ‚Towards Interoperability for Observed Parameters: Position Statement of an Emerging Working Group‘ and have now been accepted to present at the special session “Semantics for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Research” co-located with the International Conference on Ecological Informatics (ECEI) in Jena (24-28 September 2018).
    * Christine Plumejeaud, Cécile Pignol and Sylvie Damy, working in the eLTER Network, contacted me to participate at a small Workshop at Chambery in October to teach people how to map their data files to ontologies/thesauri.
    * Kristin Vanderbuilt invited Pier Luigi and me to participate at the US LTER Meeting in October at the planned session ‚semantic approaches to improving LTER data discovery and interoperability‘ to present ENVO and EnvThes approaches. This will heavily be influenced by the activities of our group. And it makes visible how big is the interest in harmonizing parameters.
    * EnvThes Version 2 is planned to be available by end of May, I am working hard on making this happen in time.
    For those who are new to the group here some admin Infos:
    • Please tell me your gmail adress or any email-adress you use for working with google documents to give you writing rights
    • Please be aware that we will use in future only the slack channel (vocabulary-services.slack.com) for communication. So please subscribe and accept my invitations.
    Best regards,
    Barbara
    Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10
    Von: Magagna Barbara
    Gesendet: Mittwoch, 11. April 2018 13:15
    An: ‘Markus Stocker’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Harry Lankreijer (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Alessandro Oggioni (***@***.***)’; ‘Trembath, Philip (***@***.***)’; ‘André Chanzy’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Pier Buttigieg (***@***.***-bremen.de)’; ‘Chris Mungall (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Naouel Karam (***@***.***-berlin.de)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ”***@***.***’ (***@***.***)’; Goldfarb Doron; ***@***.***;
    Betreff: AW: next meeting 9th April 2018 at 17:00 CET
    Wichtigkeit: Hoch
    Dear all,
    this is a reminder that we will meet tomorrow at 17:00 CET here:
    http://umweltbundesamt.adobeconnect.com/rage8948ghov/
    I ask Pier Luigi Buttiglieg and Christian Pichot if they can confirm me that they will present tomorrow, each of you would have around 25 min time.
    Please let me know!
    Best regards,
    Barbara
    Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10
    Von: Magagna Barbara
    Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. März 2018 14:03
    An: ‘Markus Stocker’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Harry Lankreijer (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Alessandro Oggioni (***@***.***)’; ‘Ciar, David B. (***@***.***)’; ‘Trembath, Philip (***@***.***)’; ‘André Chanzy’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Pier Buttigieg (***@***.***-bremen.de)’; ‘Chris Mungall (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Naouel Karam (***@***.***-berlin.de)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘André Chanzy (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ”***@***.***’ (***@***.***)’
    Betreff: AW: next meeting 9th April 2018 at 17:00 CET
    Dear all,
    next meeting will be 12th April 2018 at 17:00 CET.
    Pier Luigi Buttiglieg will present how he could contribute to the topic.
    Thanks for filling out the doodle, see most of you then.
    Best regards,
    Barbara
    Von: Magagna Barbara
    Gesendet: Sonntag, 18. März 2018 11:25
    An: ‘Markus Stocker’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Harry Lankreijer (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Alessandro Oggioni (***@***.***)’; ‘Ciar, David B. (***@***.***)’; ‘Trembath, Philip (***@***.***)’; ‘André Chanzy’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Pier Buttigieg (***@***.***-bremen.de)’; ‘Chris Mungall (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Naouel Karam (***@***.***-berlin.de)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘André Chanzy (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’
    Betreff: next meeting 9th April 2018 at 17:00 CET
    Wichtigkeit: Hoch
    Hi all,
    thanks to Melanie Buss from PANGAEA and Gwenaelle Moncoiffe from BODC for their presentations at the last teleconference. Both presentations have been uploaded in this folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hZPRHxbAam4gjk-OuhN7_Dsr1M7wWwpE
    Additionally I was able to record the whole meeting, use this link to see and hear it again:
    http://umweltbundesamt.adobeconnect.com/pnfrhmms269t/
    Next week I will present the work done so far and the vision of the task group at the VSSIG session of the RDA Plenary meeting in Berlin.
    We will meet again Monday 9th April at 17:00 CET.
    I asked Pier Luigi Buttiglieg to talk about how he can think to facilitate this process with ENVO and I want also to ask Christian Pichot or André Chanzy to present AnaEE. Please could you write back to me if you accept this invitation and are willing to present as proposed.
    Thanks in advance,
    Barbara
    Von: Magagna Barbara
    Gesendet: Mittwoch, 07. März 2018 10:36
    An: Markus Stocker; ***@***.***; ***@***.***; ***@***.***; ***@***.***;***@***.***; ***@***.***; Harry Lankreijer (***@***.***); ‘***@***.***’; Alessandro Oggioni (***@***.***); Ciar, David B. (***@***.***); Trembath, Philip (***@***.***); André Chanzy; ***@***.***; ***@***.***; ***@***.***; Pier Buttigieg
    (***@***.***-bremen.de); Chris Mungall (***@***.***); ***@***.***; Naouel Karam (***@***.***-berlin.de); ‘***@***.***’; André Chanzy (***@***.***); ***@***.***
    Betreff: Next meeting 12 March 17:30 CET
    Wichtigkeit: Hoch
    Dear all,
    We will have our next meeting 12th March at 17:30 CET which allows US colleagues to participate like John Graybeal – BioPortal and Kristin Vandebilt – ILTER. I expect more than 10 persons to participate.
    As yesterday I had big troubles with Webex I decided to use Adobe Connect again, so hope it will work smoothly… please use this link: http://umweltbundesamt.adobeconnect.com/rcn0o093dmg7/
    Topics: presentations from PANGAEA and Nerc Vocabularies Server
    All material (minutes and presentation) from last meeting can be found here:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YPgtm_xWy1j_H5Rn2lfz-sK7k2c_YBmj
    Best wishes,
    Barbara
    Barbara Magagna, DI
    Ecosystem Research & Environmental Information Management
    Ökosystemforschung & Umweltinformationsmanagement
    Phone: +43 – (0)1 – 31304 – 3447
    Fax: +43 – (0)1 – 31304 – 3533
    ***@***.***
    Environment Agency Austria (EAA)
    Umweltbundesamt GmbH
    Spittelauer Lände 5
    1090 Wien
    Österreich/Austria
    http://www.umweltbundesamt.at
    Firmenbuchnummer (Identification-No): FN 187010s
    Firmenbuchgericht: Handelsgericht Wien
    Die Informationen in dieser Nachricht sind vertraulich und ausschließlich für die/den AdressatIn bestimmt. Sollten
    Sie diese Nachricht irrtümlich erhalten haben, benachrichtigen Sie bitte umgehend die/den SenderIn und löschen
    Sie das Original. Jede andere Verwendung dieses E-Mails ist untersagt.
    Von: Magagna Barbara
    Gesendet: Montag, 05. März 2018 10:09
    An: ‘Markus Stocker’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Harry Lankreijer (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Alessandro Oggioni (***@***.***)’; ‘Ciar, David B. (***@***.***)’; ‘Trembath, Philip (***@***.***)’; ‘André Chanzy’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ***@***.***; Pier Buttigieg
    (***@***.***-bremen.de); Chris Mungall (***@***.***); ***@***.***; Naouel Karam (***@***.***-berlin.de); ‘***@***.***’; André Chanzy (***@***.***)
    Betreff: Next meeting doodle
    Wichtigkeit: Hoch
    Dear all,
    Thank you for your interest in the telco of last week. You can find the minutes of last meeting here:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p_A7LDZx7OyksQQ3TRjSiIUbLV01KnC10Uo9… , the presentation about EnvThes https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ch19B0dH3UG89jb5vX-TFCUJOUkwh5fP/view?u… and I ask Friederike Klan to put her presentation about AquaDiva also in the same folder from the meeting of 2nd March:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YPgtm_xWy1j_H5Rn2lfz-sK7k2c_YBmj….
    For the next meeting before the Berlin RDA event please use this doodle: https://doodle.com/poll/ad8pnw6y2q7hrgdu
    We thought it might be good to consider having a time option which is feasible also for colleagues from the US, so after 5 pm. On Monday I had to shift this for 30 min as at exactly 5 pm I have a personal issue to solve. Anyhow I have also proposed time slots in the morning or around midday so please check all possibilities please. Please answer asap (before Wednesday evening).
    Next meeting will be about PANGAEA and Nerc Vocabularies so I hope we will have many attendees.
    Best regards and good week,
    Barbara
    Barbara Magagna, DI
    Ecosystem Research & Environmental Information Management
    Ökosystemforschung & Umweltinformationsmanagement
    Phone: +43 – (0)1 – 31304 – 3447
    Fax: +43 – (0)1 – 31304 – 3533
    ***@***.***
    Environment Agency Austria (EAA)
    Umweltbundesamt GmbH
    Spittelauer Lände 5
    1090 Wien
    Österreich/Austria
    http://www.umweltbundesamt.at
    Firmenbuchnummer (Identification-No): FN 187010s
    Firmenbuchgericht: Handelsgericht Wien
    Die Informationen in dieser Nachricht sind vertraulich und ausschließlich für die/den AdressatIn bestimmt. Sollten
    Sie diese Nachricht irrtümlich erhalten haben, benachrichtigen Sie bitte umgehend die/den SenderIn und löschen
    Sie das Original. Jede andere Verwendung dieses E-Mails ist untersagt.
    Von: Magagna Barbara
    Gesendet: Donnerstag, 01. März 2018 16:28
    An: ‘Markus Stocker’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Harry Lankreijer (***@***.***)’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘Alessandro Oggioni (***@***.***)’; ‘Ciar, David B. (***@***.***)’; ‘Trembath, Philip (***@***.***)’; ‘André Chanzy’; ‘***@***.***’; ‘***@***.***’; ***@***.***; Pier Buttigieg
    (***@***.***-bremen.de); Chris Mungall (***@***.***); ***@***.***; Naouel Karam (***@***.***-berlin.de); ‘***@***.***’
    Betreff: Next meeting ‘Harmonizing Parameters’ tomorrow 9 am CET – new connection!
    Wichtigkeit: Hoch
    Dear all,
    Since last time we had some troubles with adobe connect, I would like to change the video conferencing tool. Zoom is also not the best option, so I now chose webex in the hope everything will work out fine.
    Please use this link: https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/#/meetings/detail?uuid=M625BWEKIVNAGT
    If possible check if everything works already 5-10 min before 9 am CET.
    Cheers,
    Barbara
    Barbara Magagna, DI
    Ecosystem Research & Environmental Information Management
    Ökosystemforschung & Umweltinformationsmanagement
    Phone: +43 – (0)1 – 31304 – 3447
    Fax: +43 – (0)1 – 31304 – 3533
    ***@***.***
    Environment Agency Austria (EAA)
    Umweltbundesamt GmbH
    Spittelauer Lände 5
    1090 Wien
    Österreich/Austria
    http://www.umweltbundesamt.at
    Firmenbuchnummer (Identification-No): FN 187010s
    Firmenbuchgericht: Handelsgericht Wien
    Die Informationen in dieser Nachricht sind vertraulich und ausschließlich für die/den AdressatIn bestimmt. Sollten
    Sie diese Nachricht irrtümlich erhalten haben, benachrichtigen Sie bitte umgehend die/den SenderIn und löschen
    Sie das Original. Jede andere Verwendung dieses E-Mails ist untersagt.
    Von: Magagna Barbara
    Gesendet: Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2018 14:03
    An: Markus Stocker; ***@***.***; ***@***.***; ***@***.***; ***@***.***;***@***.***; ***@***.***; Harry Lankreijer (***@***.***); ‘***@***.***’; Alessandro Oggioni (***@***.***); Ciar, David B. (***@***.***); Trembath, Philip (***@***.***); André Chanzy; ***@***.***; ***@***.***; ***@***.***; Pier Buttigieg
    (***@***.***-bremen.de); Chris Mungall (***@***.***); ***@***.***
    Betreff: AW: Harmonizing Parameters
    Wichtigkeit: Hoch
    Dear all,
    According to the doodle and the presence of research infrastructures I want to fix the next telco for Friday 9:00-10:00 am CET.
    We will use this time a zoom connection, see link at the bottom of this email.
    The focus of the meeting are presentations on EnvThes and AquaDiva projects and their specific issues on parameters. Plan is to have max 15 min presentation with 15 min discussion for each.
    Happy to hear you all soon.
    Cheers,
    Barbara
    This Zoom meeting should work from this moment on to hold Semantic Working Group meetings.
    john graybeal is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
    Topic: Semantic Working Group
    Time: this is a recurring meeting Meet anytime
    Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://stanford.zoom.us/j/817549577
    Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +16465588656,,817549577# or +14086380968,,817549577#
    Or Telephone:
    Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
    +886 277 417 473 (Taiwan Toll)
    +1 855 703 8985 (Canada Toll Free)
    Meeting ID: 817 549 577
    International numbers available: https://stanford.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=Kugm2XG2P20KFfj_ewC0z1KmFyNgSLYP
    Or an H.323/SIP room system:
    H.323:
    162.255.37.11 (US West)
    162.255.36.11 (US East)
    221.122.88.195 (China)
    115.114.131.7 (India)
    213.19.144.110 (EMEA)
    202.177.207.158 (Australia)
    209.9.211.110 (Hong Kong)
    Meeting ID: 817 549 577
    SIP: ***@***.***
    Barbara Magagna, DI
    Ecosystem Research & Environmental Information Management
    Ökosystemforschung & Umweltinformationsmanagement
    Phone: +43 – (0)1 – 31304 – 3447
    Fax: +43 – (0)1 – 31304 – 3533
    ***@***.***
    Environment Agency Austria (EAA)
    Umweltbundesamt GmbH
    Spittelauer Lände 5
    1090 Wien
    Österreich/Austria
    http://www.umweltbundesamt.at
    Firmenbuchnummer (Identification-No): FN 187010s
    Firmenbuchgericht: Handelsgericht Wien
    Die Informationen in dieser Nachricht sind vertraulich und ausschließlich für die/den AdressatIn bestimmt. Sollten
    Sie diese Nachricht irrtümlich erhalten haben, benachrichtigen Sie bitte umgehend die/den SenderIn und löschen
    Sie das Original. Jede andere Verwendung dieses E-Mails ist untersagt.
    Von: Magagna Barbara
    Gesendet: Freitag, 23. Februar 2018 12:04
    An: Markus Stocker; ***@***.***; ***@***.***; ***@***.***; ***@***.***;***@***.***; ***@***.***; Harry Lankreijer (***@***.***); ‘***@***.***’; Alessandro Oggioni (***@***.***); Ciar, David B. (***@***.***); Trembath, Philip (***@***.***); André Chanzy; ***@***.***; ***@***.***
    Betreff: Harmonizing Parameters
    ?Dear all,
    last friday we decided to continue to work together on a concrete plan how to procede.
    We found it necessary to meet two times before the RDA Plennary meeting in Berlin to have good grounds for the task group presentation there. The first meeting will take place next Friday, 2nd March. Please enter your availabilities in this doodlehttps://doodle.com/poll/7933iei848rvuzuf so that we can fix the exact hour. John Graybeal is also interested in this group but he works and lives in Stanford, therefore I put also a timeslot at 5 pm CET (which is the latest option for me on fridays).
    ?The focus of this telco will be short presentations of LTER and AquaDiva main problems regarding the definitions of parameters illustrated on concrete examples and following discussions.
    The next telco will be two weeks later with presentation on PANGAEA and LifeWatch with the same focus.
    We decided to work in parallel on a common document describing our problem and strategy. You can find it here:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dIv3SJ3R3zUMX-rWNi0LT9Fvxc_Nx8Vz9IEJ
    At the moment it is just a proposal for a structure which has been reviewed by Markus Stocker and Michael Diepenbroek. I will add the LTER chapter this weekend to make clear what exactly is expected. I would be happy to see you work on this document as well in the next weeks before Berlin.
    For those who were not present at the telcos, they can read the minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t12uSjThekjSzj-YLgX2KELTo4VYZ-Z2afFd
    Now I would like to address some admin issues:
    – Please tell me your gmail adress or any email-adress you use for working with google documents to give you writing rights
    – Please be aware that we will use in future only the slack channel (vocabulary-services.slack.com) for communication. So please subscribe and accept my invitations.
    We want to enlarge the task group by involving experts and interested scientist. So to recap here:
    – Nicola Fiore – please involve the people who participated at the Lecce workshop last summer
    – Friederike Klan/Markus Stocker – please involve Pier Luigi Buttiglieg
    – Barbara – I should encourage the SeaDataNet people (Alexandra Kokkinaki and team) – I am waiting for answers…
    Please tell me if you already proceeded on this.
    I hope to hear all you next week.
    All the best,
    Barbara
    Von: Magagna Barbara
    Gesendet: Samstag, 03. Februar 2018 02:22
    An: Markus Stocker; ***@***.***; ***@***.***; ***@***.***; ***@***.***;***@***.***; ***@***.***; Harry Lankreijer (***@***.***); ‘***@***.***’; Alessandro Oggioni (***@***.***); Ulf Grandin (***@***.***) (***@***.***); ‘Mark Frenzel’ (***@***.***) (***@***.***); Dimitris Poursanidis (***@***.***); Kertesz Miklos (***@***.***) (***@***.***); Ciar, David B. (***@***.***); Trembath, Philip (***@***.***)
    Betreff: After our first call: creating a discussion group for ‘Harmonizing Parameters’
    Dear all,
    I include here also people from the EnvThes editorial team and administration team from CEH. Please feel free in joining the ongoing discussions or just being updated.
    After our call on Wednesday I asked two of the leaders of RDA VSSIG (Vocabulary and Semantic Services Interest Group) if they would agree to have a subgroup working on ‘harmonzing parameters’. John Graybeal has encouraged me to go further.
    Yann Le Franc is also in favour although he says that other RDA groups are working on overlapping topics such as the Data Type Registry IG and Units of Measure IG.
    For making things easy I suggest to make a task group within VSSIG as I am already involved in it thus avoiding a lot of admin burden for creating it. I think it is up to us to keep the discussions aligned between the different groups. . If you don’t share my opinion, I am happy to read about yours.
    Please have a look at this google sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gQ5FK7LXmdE5VdXMnDBP8uSJ3Ca-B5Mq
    In column AB at the very left side of this sheet you will find a proposal for a group called ‘harmonizing parameters’. Please feel free on changing the title or the description (it is just a first draft).
    Any of you interested to continue to discuss/work together on this topic please add your name in the list with the contributor names (we need at least four of us). It would be great to have this done by lately end of next week.
    Then I will provide a Slack Channel in the VSSIG workspace for us to enable online exchange.
    Another important issue. For those intending to come to Berlin to the RDA 11th Plenary Meeting please don’t miss the early bird registration: https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-11th-plenary-registration (till 9th February).
    I hope that many of you will join this initiative. Once this is established I will propose soon a follow up of the first meeting.
    Best regards,
    Barbara
    Barbara Magagna, DI
    Ecosystem Research & Environmental Information Management
    Ökosystemforschung & Umweltinformationsmanagement
    Phone: +43 – (0)1 – 31304 – 3447
    Fax: +43 – (0)1 – 31304 – 3533
    ***@***.***
    Environment Agency Austria (EAA)
    Umweltbundesamt GmbH
    Spittelauer Lände 5
    1090 Wien
    Österreich/Austria
    http://www.umweltbundesamt.at
    Firmenbuchnummer (Identification-No): FN 187010s
    Firmenbuchgericht: Handelsgericht Wien
    Die Informationen in dieser Nachricht sind vertraulich und ausschließlich für die/den AdressatIn bestimmt. Sollten
    Sie diese Nachricht irrtümlich erhalten haben, benachrichtigen Sie bitte umgehend die/den SenderIn und löschen
    Sie das Original. Jede andere Verwendung dieses E-Mails ist untersagt.
    Von: Google Calendar [mailto:***@***.***] Im Auftrag von Markus Stocker
    Gesendet: Montag, 29. Jänner 2018 11:56
    An: ***@***.***; ***@***.***; Magagna Barbara; ***@***.***; ***@***.***;***@***.***; ***@***.***; ***@***.***
    Betreff: Conference Call: Harmonizing Quantity Kinds
    Dear all,
    FYI, I think the following resources are relevant for our call on Wed:
    * SWEET ontology is now published as linked data – e.g. http://sweetontology.net/propTemperature
    * ODM2 vocabularies – http://vocabulary.odm2.org/variablename/
    * NVS P01 vocabulary – http://vocab.nerc.ac.uk/collection/P01/current/
    * CSIRO Observable Properties vocabulary – http://environment.data.gov.au/def/property and http://registry.it.csiro.au/def/environment/property
    h/t Simon Cox in his email to ***@***.***.
    Cheers, m.
    Conference Call: Harmonizing Quantity Kinds
    Dear all,
    Thanks for marking your availability for this call and your interest in this topic.
    The meeting is now set for Jan 31, 10-11 am CET (9-10 am UTC).
    Join the call using this link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/raw315luw63e/
    Agenda for the meeting: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t12uSjThekjSzj-YLgX2KELTo4VYZ-Z2afFd
    Feel free to edit the agenda. It suggests that each infrastructure (PANGAEA, LTER, BODC) shortly describes their current work and aims before we have a discussion.
    Cheers, m.
    When
    Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:00 – 11:00 Berlin
    Who

    Markus Stocker – organizer

    ***@***.***

    Alexandra Kokkinaki

    ***@***.***

    ***@***.***

    ***@***.***

    ***@***.***

    ***@***.***

    Full post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/harmonizing-fair-descriptions-observat
    Manage my subscriptions: https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglist
    Stop emails for this post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglist/unsubscribe/62334

Log in to reply.