The RDA-EU Board of Directors has decided to provide limited travel support for European co-chairs to the Nottingham RDA Collaboration meeting. Applications for support should be forwarded to Kathrin Beck (email@example.com) until 1 June 2016, noon CEST.
Presentation slides: https://rd-alliance.org/presentation-slides-0
Wednesday, 8 June 2016
12:00 – 13:00 Networking Lunch
13:00 – 14:00 Welcome & Introduction (Helen, Suchith)
- Welcome on behalf of the University (Stuart Marsh)
- Scope of the meeting & setting the agenda (Helen, Larry)
14:00 – 15:30 RDA and the domain specific data life cycles (DC-DLC) –
from planning to preservation (Helen)
Domain specific views on the data life cycle and DMP
- Jonathan Tedds: The challenges of integrating data for environmental health research
- Bridget Almas: Integrating RDA efforts into existing work.
- Robert Hanisch: Update on the materials science resource registry
- Brian Matthews: Metadata Models for Experimental Science Data Management
15:30 – 16:00 Coffee
16:00 – 17:30 TAB Communications (Francoise)
- Discussion of the Secretary General's recent communication about Call for Supporting and Other Outputs
- Feedback from the chairs about how TAB can help them work more efficiently and effectively
- Other follow-up from Tokyo TAB/Chair meeting
Thursday, 9 June 2016
9:00 – 9:30 The connections between data publishing and data management plans
9:30 – 10:30 RDA and the domain specific data life cycles (DC-DLC) –
from planning to preservation (Beth, Peter & Larry)
- Beth Plale: Constructing a fabric from the bottom up: tackling a gap to enable experimentation.
- Gary Berg-Cross, Raphael Ritz: Data & Domain Vocabularies and Vocabulary Services; Beyond data pilots
- Peter Wittenburg: Moving forwards to data fabric configurations
10:30 – 10:45 Coffee
10.45 – 12:00 TAB Communications (Francoise) continued
- First results of TAB Landscape Overview Group (TAB/LOG) and solicitation for input/involvement from chairs
Following the discussion on the connection between technical/generic groups and disciplinary groups at the Tokyo TAB/Chair meeting, TAB set up a "Landscape Overview Group" with two subgroups, one to assess that topic and the other one to work on the connection between groups with an infrastructure orientation (e.g. libraries, archives, IT services) and those with a "functional" point of view (e.g. publishing, DMP, VRE, reproductibility). The TAB/LOG is chaired by Steve Diggs.
12:00 – 13:15 Organization of the next meeting (Larry)
- Proposal of a potential topic: Training & Education (Hugh, Simon & Andrew) with contributions of
- WG Summer Schools and
- IG Education
- Gaithersburg December 2016 (Larry)
13:15 – 14:00 Lunch
14:00 – 14:30 The National Geosciences Repository (tour)
14:30 – 15:00 (Demonstration in the 3D Vis room)
G. BC: "... we have an illusion of metadata ..."