It's our pleasure to announce that the Virtual Research Environment Interest Group has been endorsed and that we will have a meeting at the RDA 11th Plenary on Thursday in the Breakout 5 (13:30-15:00) in Room A03.
The main theme of the meeting will be "Virtual Research Environments – How do I find them and what skills do I need to build and use them?"
- 0 - 10 min Introduction and tour de table: Lead by Keith Jeffery
- 10 - 40 min The Science Gateway Catalog: Lead by Sandra Gesing
- 10 - 20 min Introducing the SG Catalogue - What is its intention? - Sandra Gesing
- 20 - 40 min Discussion: is it adequate: How could it be more useful? - Keith Jeffery
- 40 - 80 min Developing Skills to Build and Use VREs: Lead by Lesley Wyborn
- 40 - 45 min Summary of the Skills issues - Lesley Wyborn
- 45 - 50 min Key skills issues in VREs in Europe
- 50 - 55 min Key skills issues in SGs in North America
- 55 - 60 min Key skills issues in VLs in Australia
- 60 – 80 min Discussion: Can we share skills development and training online?
- 80 – 90 min Conclusions and next steps: Keith Jeffery
More information is available here:
We hope to welcome you there and are looking forward to many fruitful discussions!
Helen Glaves, Keith Jeffery, Lesley Wyborn and Sandra Gesing (Co-Chairs of VRE-IG)