Dear RDA-SHARC member, This mail * to inform you that minutes of our session at RDA P13, Philadelphia, have been posted on the group page * to remind you of the *Sharc survey* (see details below). Looking forward to having your feedack, *before May 31* please! All the best, Laurence, Romain, Anne ------ Dear colleague, The RDA-SHARC (SHAring Reward & Credit) interest group is working to *improve crediting and rewarding mechanisms for scientists who share their data for potential reuse*.In this perspective, assessing compliance with FAIR practice and increasing _understandability of FAIRness criteria for everyone_ (data scientists AND non specialists, particularly for researchers and evaluators of projects and careers) are critical steps. To that aim, a FAIR criteria assessment survey is being undertaken to obtain feedback from the scientific community on*intelligible, realistic and human-readable assessment criteria* that could help guide (i) the scientist to follow FAIR practicesas much as possible, and (ii) the evaluator to achieve his/her task. *This feedback survey is now online and we invite you to participate.* This survey is extensive. We are very much aware that**completing it is time-consuming. We have divided the survey into 5 parts that can be completed independently (links below). The estimated time of completion of each part is 20 minutes; replies can be recorded incrementally using the 'resume later' tab at the top right of the page: * ;
- 1/ FAIR- Self-assessment *simulation* and global *feedback<https://sondage.osupytheas.fr/index.php/115136> ;
- 2/ FINDABLE- feedback survey <https://sondage.osupytheas.fr/index.php/922722>;
- 3/ ACCESSIBLE- feedback survey <https://sondage.osupytheas.fr/index.php/213283>;
- 4/ INTEROPERABLE- feedback survey <https://sondage.osupytheas.fr/index.php/323172> and
- 5/ REUSABLE- feedback survey <https://sondage.osupytheas.fr/index.php/417435>
* survey Each participant who completes the 5 parts of the survey *_will have the possibility to be a co-author of the publication that will come out from this work_*. If you would like to contribute but are not able to complete all parts, please be sure to complete *at least part 1* (FAIR self-assessment simulation and global feedback on FAIR criteria). Your experience and competence are invaluable! Help constructing an evaluation tool of FAIR practices will enable to consider the data sharing activities as a valuable research output and will foster this activity by promoting fairness literacy and dedicated support for data management.Your detailed comments and suggestions will be most appreciated. Many thanks in advance, R Looking forward to your participation *_before end of May_*. The SHARC’s survey team. P.S: You are very welcome to forward this mail to other colleagues who could be possibly interested.