Dear colleagues -
On behalf of the Schema.org cluster at ESIP, we are pleased to announce the latest version of the Science-on-schema.org publishing guidelines. These guidelines describe how to publish consistent and FAIR schema.org markup for Datasets. Stewarded by members of the ESIP Schema.org cluster, version 1.2.0 was developed in collaboration with other data repository operators and Schema.org project members.
Citation: Matthew B. Jones, Stephen Richard, Dave Vieglais, Adam Shepherd, Ruth Duerr, Doug Fils, Lewis McGibbney. (2021). Science-on-Schema.orgv1.2.0 (Version 1.2.0). Zenodo. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4477164
Contributors: Adam Leadbetter, Dan Brickley, Richard Wallis.
- Fix various errors in Dataset full example JSON-LD (Issue #115)
- the identifier should be of type PropertyValue
- the sameAs property is missing
- the isAccessibleForFree property is missing
- Improvements for describing geospatial coverage (decision, Issue #101)
- Dataset Provenance for processing workflows, data derivation, and dataset versioning (decision, Issue #72)
- Use schema:dateModified for announcing when a Dataset resource has changed (Issue #67)
- How to reference a short DOI (Issue #120)
- Update GOVERNANCE & README to list ESIP Schema.org Cluster meeting times (Issue #111)