- Summary from last time
- Next steps
- Aim for adoptable recommendation
- Start document for next deliverable (done)
- Created slack team for direct communication (done)
- Send around collection of data packaging formats for content exchange (done)
- Do we have preservation systems in mind, e.g. ApTrust (institutional preservation systems)?
- Dat projects/IPFS
- Lack of packaging description
- Maybe extend use cases?
- Existing use cases are challenging enough for this WG, maybe in follow up group
- BagIt usable for syntactic interoperability
- ORE + BagIt = next level to introduce semantics
- Invite DataOne or Research Objects people to group meetings?
- BagIt and Datacite quite common and might be applicable to legacy platforms, so what about recommending:
- Generic bag + Datacite as minimum requirement (à positive feedback in round)
- Define extension points for special needs, e.g. ORE
- TODO: Check existing packaging formats from list for applicability
- TODO: Put ideas about format description to the recommendations document
- TODO: Try to invite adopters of packaging formats for information exchange
- Next meeting at 2 August 2017