Due to unavailability on June 27th, the next conference call will be on July 11.
Notes from today's call:
- we reviewed and assigned a number of minor API changes:, which Frederik will make:
- DELETE return value https://github.com/RDACollectionsWG/apidocs/issues/9
- POST return value https://github.com/RDACollectionsWG/apidocs/issues/10
- POST error for collection/member exists https://github.com/RDACollectionsWG/apidocs/issues/11
- URL parameters for pagination https://github.com/RDACollectionsWG/apidocs/issues/12
- An outstanding question is whether we should switch all API calls which currently accept a single collection or member item as input to allow for multiple to be sent. This has come up before and was deferred, but in the Perseids implementation we're finding the overhead of making multiple requests for POSTs to be undesirable. Frederik will investigate withour implementation and report back. See https://github.com/RDACollectionsWG/perseids-manifold/issues/55
- Frederik has converted the original specification word document to Markdown and added it to the GitHub repo at https://github.com/RDACollectionsWG/specification
- We are using the GitHub issues list at https://github.com/RDACollectionsWG/specification/issues to track work that needs to be done on it. I've assigned a few items, but everyone should feel free to go in and assign themselves to some or create more.
- Best workflow for working on the document will be to fork it to your own account, make changes, and issue a pull request against the master repo
- Bridget has a meeting setup to talk with developers of Fedora about possiblity of supporting the Collections API
Other action items:
- Bridget: submit a session request for P10 by the 23rd (I'll send around a draft soon)
- Ulrich: have you had a chance to take a look at use of the DTR to provide identifiers for the API objects and properties? https://github.com/RDACollectionsWG/apidocs/issues/5