In a world beset by challenges, from the COVID-19 pandemic to climate change, the social sciences have never been more important for impartial, evidence-based research and analysis.
This 4th CESSDA Roadshow focuses on how the Data Catalogue and Data Management Expert Guide support researchers in work on cancer and major chronic diseases based on impartial and trusted datasets and metadata. The webinar features a practical demo of the DC and highlights the importance of secure access to data, storage and protection, with real-world examples of best practices for use and re-use by the social sciences research community. Participants can also enjoy an engaging interactive discussion between the service providers and researchers on the roadshow topic.
In the 4th Roadshow we proudly share the expert views of UK Data Service and Norwegian Centre for Research Data:
- UK Data Service on the CESSDA Data Catalogue® - Discovery at national and European levels, Alle Bloom, UK Data Service
- Store and Protect with the CESSDA Data Management Guide®, Gry-Hege Henriksen, Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
And we'll showcase 3 user stories!
- Resilience and living well beyond cancer: the relationship between emotional support and quality of life, Patty Doran, University of Manchester
- Use case on Center for Longitudinal Studies - how to store and how to protect, Danielle Freitas Gomes, Karen Dennison and Nasir Raja, University College London
- Use case on The Five Safes framework for accessing sensitive data via the SecureLab at UK Data Service, Beate Lichtwardt, UK Data Service
Register to join: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_is20ZmWZQKewcgPv7vlwXA