Plenary 10, Montreal
Thursday 21 September 2017, 13:30-16:30 local time
Joint lunch with TAB - Usual Lunch Room 4th floor (Mont Royal I) - 13:30-14:30 (possibly joint TAB-OAB photo?)
Organisational Assembly meeting - Room Mansfield 6 - 14:30-16:30
For remote partcipation: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/739812821 (for dial-in option via phone please see at the end)
Objectives of the meeting:
The Organisational Assembly (OA) is the main body through which organisations can influence the work of RDA. The OA is composed of representatives of all RDA Member Organisations (Organisational and Affiliate Members). Organisational membership gives organisations a chance to introduce real problems in data interoperability and to call for those issues to be addressed. OA membership gives organisations a chance for early access to RDA outcomes and a pre-publication opportunity to review outcomes and provide feedback on their utility. Although this session is primarily for the members of the Organisational Assembly, representatives of any organisation interested in RDA to explore organisational membership and to gain a sense of the important work accomplished by the OA can be allowed. Please contact the co-Chairs and the RDA secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org to join us to learn how your organisation can make a difference and can receive real value through associations with RDA. In this meeting major emphasis will be given on services that can be offered from one member to another, recommendations adoptability and industrial engagement, \followed by an open discussion.
Chair: Amy Nurnberger, Integrated slidedeck
- Introduction to RDA Organisational Assembly OA -(in case there are non-members), Amy Nurnberger, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, RDA OA co-chair, 5’
- Introduction of new OA members (that have not been introduced before)- 5'
- American Geophysical Union - Shelley Stall
- Updates from Secretary General, Council and TAB, 20'
- Acting Secretary General, Ingrid Dillo, RDA Status presentation
- TAB update, Andrew Treloar or Francoise Genova
- Council update: RDA Strategy and current priorities.
- Services that can be offered from OA members to other OA members - document, presentation
- Short overview, Jason Haga - Raphael Ritz
- Developing of a pilot process for the handle service to act as a model of how service provision might be accomplished,Raphael Ritz
- Creating a list of potential services
- Discount from publishers
- OAB report on recommendations adoptability, report from OAB sub-group: Andrew, Malcolm and Siddeswara - Initial document
- Update on industrial engagement, OAB industry sub-group, Fabrizio et al
- RDA Organisations targeted communications -template document, Amy
- Status update on OAB report to Council on increasing OA member engagement with WG/IG activities - Document – Amy, Discussion/Feedback/Reality check
- OA member newsletter spotlight, 5'
- Considerations on an RDA Code of Conduct: What recommendations would you make?
- Organisational Assembly Group Photo
RDA Organisational Assembly Montreal
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
Access Code: 739-812-821
Australia: +61 2 9091 7603, Austria: +43 1 2530 22500, Belgium: +32 28 93 7002, Canada: +1 (647) 497-9380 Denmark: +45 32 72 03 69 Finland: +358 923 17 0556 France: +33 170 950 590 Germany: +49 692 5736 7300 Ireland: +353 15 360 756 Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80 Netherlands: +31 207 941 375 New Zealand: +64 9 282 9510 Norway: +47 21 93 37 37 Spain: +34 932 75 1230 Sweden: +46 853 527 818 Switzerland: +41 225 4599 60 United Kingdom: +44 330 221 0097, United States: +1 (224) 501-3316
First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: http://link.gotomeeting.com/email-welcome