Our Greek colleagues are organising a workshop dedicated to the RDA Outputs and Adoption.
Remote participation is open to everybody and we encourage you to join. Find out more below:
Workshop on RDA outputs and adoption
Wednesday 3 July 2019, 11:00 -16:00 EEST (starting 09:00 GMT / 10:00 CEST)
Workshop objective: Present the RDA outputs and get feedback from the audience on related community needs, and potential adoption of RDA outputs, including their usefulness and usability. Remote participation is possible, please register with the link mentioned below.
Description: Anthony Juehne, Researcher at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, NY and RDA US will be coming to Greece to make an in depth presentation on RDA Outputs. RDA Outputs are the technical and social infrastructure solutions developed by RDA Working Groups or Interest Groups that enable data sharing, exchange, and interoperability. A list of all recommendations and outputs can be found at https://www.rd-alliance.org/recommendations-and-outputs/all-recommendati.... The workshop will take place at the ATHENA Research Centre in Athens on Wednesday, 3 July, and is expected to last around half a day (starting late in the morning). There will be a follow-up discussion on related community needs and potential adoption of RDA outputs.
Registration for the workshop (including remote access): https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2092752557951472396
Register with RDA and be part of the RDA community! https://www.rd-alliance.org/user/register
1. Short introduction to RDA and the RDA National Node activities- Fotis Karayannis, RDA Greece National Node coordinator, RDA Europe and RDA Secretariat- 15' (presentation)
2. In depth review of RDA outputs - Anthony Juehne, RPI, RDA US and RDA Secretariat- 60' (presentation)
3. Short break - 15'
4. Community adoption needs - 60' (workshop) Understanding community needs around RDA outputs and their adoption, and meeting such needs through enhanced documentation and education
5. Light lunch - 45'
6. Tracking adoption stories - 60' (workshop) RDA offers some means (tools) to track adoption of RDA outputs and its impact on different organisations
7. Debrief and strategising of next steps - 15'
On behalf of the RDA Ireland team
Timea Biro | Project Manager, Digital Repository of Ireland
Royal Irish Academy | 19 Dawson St. Dublin 2
***@***.*** | @dri_ireland | www.dri.ie
The Academy is subject to the FOI Act 2014, the Data Protection Acts 1988-2003 and 2018, GDPR (EU 2016/679) and S.I. No. 336/2011, EC Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations. For further information see our website www.ria.ie/privacy-and-data-protection
Remote participation to the Workshop on RDA outputs and adoption - 3 July 2019
You are here