I guess you may already be aware of the grants offered by RDA Europe to support the take-up of RDA recommendations. If any of you are interested in applying and needs some support, please let us know: we are happy to answer any questions you might have (and that we feel comfortable answering :-)
-------- Original Message --------
The European Commission has funded a project to support the uptake of the global Research Data Alliance in Europe. RDA Europe 4.0, led by TRUST-IT, has a number of grant programmes open currently.
Last week we held a webinar on the adoption grants scheme, which is open to applications until Monday 4th March. There’s not long left now and this is the only occurrence so get your skates on! This programme offers awards of up to €15,000 for projects to adopt RDA outputs and recommendations. You can find out more at the links below:
· Adoption grants call: https://grants.rd-alliance.org/OpenCalls/call-europe-adoption-grants
· Webinar video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYS0JgbxYOo&feature=youtu.be
· Slides and event page: https://www.rd-alliance.org/what-why-and-how-rda-europe-40-adoption-grants
The project also provides seed funding for countries or regions to establish nodes which act as intermediaries between the global RDA and local interests/needs. Nodes should disseminate information about the RDA, grow membership, represent local interests, support the adoption of outputs, and develop robust sustainability plans. The second call for nodes is open until Friday 26th April. We will host a webinar next month to introduce the scheme. Links below:
· Second RDA node call: https://grants.rd-alliance.org/OpenCalls/rda-europe-call-new-nodes-ii-wave
· Node call webinar on 7th March at 13:00 CET: https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-europe-grants-new-nodes-how-apply-and-jo...
· Winners of the first node call: https://www.rd-alliance.org/and-winners-are%E2%80%A6-meet-rda-europe-new...
The second call for ambassadors has also recently opened. These are individual rather than team awards which offer €7,000 for well-connected domain experts to spread RDA messages and engage their communities in RDA, promoting adoption and providing insights from the fields they represent. The current call closes on Monday 20th May. See links below:
· Second ambassador call: https://grants.rd-alliance.org/node/804
· Meet the winners of the first ambassador call: https://rd-alliance.org/rda-disciplines/rda-europe-ambassadors
If you aren’t in Europe and therefore not eligible to apply for our grant schemes, there are countless other ways you can get involved in the RDA.
· Register for plenary 13 on 2-4 April in Philadelphia. Early bird rates close in a few days on Saturday 2nd March
· Comment on case statements for proposed Interest Groups and Working Groups
· Explore RDA data for your country to chart European growth and global membership
· Contribute to the RDA blog – it doesn’t have to be about RDA events. All data-specific musings are welcome.
· Read our news to see what’s happened and what’s coming up
· And most importantly – join RDA, sign up for groups that interest you, and engage!
See you all in RDA circles in future
Digital Curation Centre
Phone: 0141 330 6749
Fwd: RDA Europe - adoption, node and ambassador grant schemes
You are here