Thank you for your involvement and participation in the WG over the last 18 months.
The outputs from the National PID Strategies WG are now available on the RDA website at https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/national-pid-strategies-wg/outcomes/rd.... This includes the Guide and Checklist with the case studies from nine countries. The community review is now underway until 12th July 2023.
As Natasha mentioned in an earlier email, we are transitioning into an Interest Group (https://www.rd-alliance.org/groups/national-pid-strategies-interest-group). The IG is awaiting RDA endorsement but we encourage you to join the group if you want to continue to be involved in discussions or keep up-to-date with future progress.
We've submitted a proposal for the IG's first session at Plenary 21. The objectives of this session will be to:
* Explain the work of the new National PID Strategies IG and how it builds on the work of the prior WG
* Promote the National PID Strategies WG deliverables - guide, checklist and nine case studies - and share adoption stories
* Discuss plans for maintaining the guide and existing set of case studies
* Facilitate information exchange between those developing and/or delivering national PID strategies
* Encourage other countries from across the globe to submit case studies for their national PID strategies
* Consider future IG activities such as developing a shared value proposition for particular use cases that assist the development of national PID strategies
* Engage further with international PID providers
* Highlight synergies with other PID work, including related RDA groups
We'll update you on whether it's been successful via this mailing list and the new IG's mailing list (once the IG has been successful endorsed). We're also hoping to run a joint session at Plenary 21 with the Working with PIDs in Tools IG to discuss the idea of creating a curated information resource for PID adopters. Hopefully, both sessions will be accepted.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
(on behalf of co-chairs Natasha Simons, Daniel Bangert and Shawna Sadler)
T 020 3006 6072
M 07891 501177
3rd Floor, 15 Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1BW
Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under company number. 05747339, VAT number GB 197 0632 86. Jisc's registered office is: 4 Portwall Lane, Bristol, BS1 6NB. T 0203 697 5800.
Jisc Services Limited is a wholly owned Jisc subsidiary and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under company number 02881024, VAT number GB 197 0632 86. The registered office is: 4 Portwall Lane, Bristol, BS1 6NB. T 0203 697 5800.
Jisc Commercial Limited is a wholly owned Jisc subsidiary and a company limited by shares which is registered in England under company number 09316933, VAT number GB 197 0632 86. The registered office is: 4 Portwall Lane, Bristol, BS1 6NB. T 0203 697 5800.
For more details on how Jisc handles your data see our privacy notice here: https://www.jisc.ac.uk/website/privacy-notice
National PID Strategies WG outputs in review
You are here