Dear Metadata Colleagues,
Please allow me the opportunity to bring this job opportunity to your attention!
The Coordinator, Metadata Technologies conceptualizes and plans descriptive frameworks to support discovery, access, and use of library collections and services. This position will coordinate implementation of the technical workflows and infrastructures which ensure that metadata used in and created by the Libraries are interoperable between systems, support adoption of technologies related to creation and use of metadata, and enable standardization of descriptive metadata practices across formats.
- Master’s Degree in Information Science from an ALA-accredited program, or relevant combination of education and experience;
- Experience working with METS and PREMIS;
- Experience working with metadata in a digital library environment;
- Familiarity with or knowledge of Linked Data, RDF, and JSON-LD;
- Prior professional experience working in an academic research library;
- Familiarity with the workflows and practices associated with library digitization projects;
- Excellent time management and ability to successfully handle multiple priorities;
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously;
- Ability to establish and build collaborative working relationships with a wide range of people;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Familiarity with archival descriptive standards (especially DACS) and/or encoding standards (especially EAD and EAC-CPF);
- Demonstrated skills with tools for data manipulation, such as Open Refine, XSLT, or a scripting language such as Python or Ruby.
Employment Conditions: - Must have a criminal background check.
How to Apply for this Job: Applications must be submitted online at www.jobs.vt.edu. The application package needs to include a resume, cover letter addressing the candidate’s experience with the responsibilities associated with the position, and the required and preferred qualifications, and names of three (3) references and their contact information. Review of applications will begin as received and continue until the position is filled.
Employee Category: Administrative and Professional Faculty
Appointment Type: Regular
Percent Employment: Full-time
Pay Range: Minimum $62,000 dependent on qualifications and experience
Work Location: Blacksburg, VA
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm M-F or as assigned
Posting Date: 06/25/2019
Job Close Date: 07/28/2019
Quick Link: http://listings.jobs.vt.edu/postings/9906
Administrative Director and Human Resources Manager
Cathy C Pillow