At P11 we also discussed a possible project aiming to collect case studies for engaging researchers with data management. I also mentioned that on 24 May 2018 we are organising an event at TU Delft (Netherlands) which could be a nice opportunity to exchange practice and kick off this work. Therefore, I would like to use this opportunity to invite you to this event:
EVENT: “Towards cultural change in data management - data stewardship in practice”, held at TU Delft (Netherlands) on Thursday 24 May 2018.
This will be a full day event and the discussions will be around three main topics:
· How to achieve cultural change in research data management?
· Why is good data stewardship important?
· Why do we care and why should researchers care?
We will have two keynote speakers:
· Dr Danny Kingsley, Deputy Director, Scholarly Communication and Research Services at Cambridge University Library, will talk about the reproducibility crisis in science, and the importance of research integrity and good data stewardship
· Kim Huijpen from the Association of Universities in the Netherlands (VSNU) will speak about the opportunities to reward researchers for open science and for good data management practices
In addition, there will be presentations about institutional approaches to data stewardship (including our case studies from TU Delft) and we will also have some interactive workshops.
We are also looking for talk and interactive workshop proposals, so if you would like to share your story with us, please submit your abstract by Sunday 15 April.
Register and read more: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/towards-cultural-change-in-data-management-...
Best wishes and hope to see many of you in Delft ☺
Marta Teperek, PhD
TU Delft Library | Research Data Services | Data Stewardship Coordinator
T +31 (0)15 27 81 312 | E ***@***.*** | [Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:***@***.***] martateperek
EVENT: Towards cultural change in data management - data stewardship in practice: 24 May, TU Delft, Netherlands
You are here