This page documents presentations and discussion at the 8th Plenary in Denver, USA, 2016-sep-16.
- Welcome – Peter Baumann
- Updates on Geospatial IG - Suchith Anand (presented by Peter Baumann)
- Updates on Open Geospatial Science - Vision 2030 - Suchith Anand (presented by Peter Baumann)
- EarthServer: federating datacubes intercontinentally - Peter Baumann
- Open discussions on Ideas for new WGs (eg in Transport Data)
- Open discussions on Ideas for Training programs for Geospatial Data Science
- Open discussions on Ideas for specific actions in Geospatial IG
- Open discussions on expanding links with OGC
With 18 present, the following items were discussed:
- Updates on Geospatial IG
- Open Geospatial Science:
- slide set
- Peter Baumann reconfirms advantages of open science, but says "open vs closed" is not the only dimension to be considered: software is not per se good and useful (producing correct results, eg) because it is open, and privacy concerns my sometimes restrict openness.
- response regarding OSGeo - Peter Baumann
- EarthServer: federating datacubes intercontinentally:
- New WGs:
- discussion about Transport Data WG; several in the room are interested.
- action item Peter Baumann: liaise all interested by email
- further agenda items: no more discussion took place.