Dear WG members,
The FDI WG had a conference call on July 7th, and some follow up discussions. Please find some summary notes below:
- IRD will work with FAO and tuna commission to provide OGC metadata, NetCDF data formats and OGC Web Services (WMS, WFS..) from public domain datasets and Tuna Atlas VRE in BlueBridge H2020 project
- IRD will liaise with ICCAT and IOTC to extract OGC metadata from NetCDF related to Stock Assessment
- IRD will liaise with CLS and H2020 MESOPP project to extract OGC metadata from NetCDF storing acoustic data
- FAO to coordinate with CWP parties the minimum data requirements (and associated metadata) for describe catch statistics data.
- FAO to continue discussion with Tuna RFMOs on the mapping of their reference codes to CWP standards.
- All WG members to coordinate participation to 10th Plenary in Montreal, 19-21 Sep. We invite other WG's to provide comments on FWI WG
- FAO presented the outcome of the RDA datathon, organized with the BlueBRIDGE project in Crete, Greece.
- More than 70 participants
- hosted by the Institute of Marine Biology, Biotechnology and Aquaculture of the Hellenic Centre for Marine Research (IMBBC/HCMR)
- Very competitive teams, if you want to know the winner, follow th elink above