Completed and RDA-endorsed
- FAIRsharing - A registry of curated and interlinked records on standards (for identifying, reporting, and citing data and metadata), repositories, and journal publisher and funder data policies in all disciplines. These will provide curated, community-vetted descriptions and knowledge graphs representing these resources and their interlinks.
- Recommendations - A two pages summary to provide (i) guidance to users and producers of standards and repositories, describing how they can best select and describe these resources, and (ii) advice to funders and publishers on how they can best recommend these resources in their data policies.
- Data Repository Selection: Criteria That Matter (pre-print) - Work with journals and journal publishers (Taylor & Francis, eLife, Elsevier, F1000, GigaScience, PLOS, Wiley, Springer Nature, Oxford University Press, Cambridge University Press, EMBO Press, Hindawi), in collaboration with DataCite, on a set of criteria for the identification and selection of those data repositories that accept research data submissions. FAIRsharing will enable the display, filter and search of these repositories, based on these criteria, and better connect journals/publishers data policies to the resources recommended.
- FAIR-enabling activities - Collaborative activities related to several aspects of making FAIR a reality.
Here a partial list of organisations that have adopted and recommend FAIRsharing. It is pratically impossible to keep a list of all adopters and users as they encompass all stakeholders groups, such as funding agencies, scholarly publishers, standards organizations, librarians, infrastructure programmes, universities and projects, as well as researchers from academia, industry and governmental bodies.
If you want to know more about adopting or collaborating with FAIRsharing, please contact us.
- Supporting the Slovenian Scientific Publishing Field: RDA Slovenia Node
Selection of official reports from funders and other organizations
These reports recommend FAIRsharing for standards, repositories and data policies:
- “Six Recommendations for implementation of FAIR practice” 2020 - Funder: EU EOSC - Discipline: All
- “FAIR Metrics for EOSC” 2020 - Funder: EU EOSC - Discipline: All
“Sustainable and FAIR Data Sharing in the Humanities” 2020 - Federation: ALLEA - Discipline: Humanities
"Horizon 2020 projects working on COVID-19, SARS-CoV-2 and related topics” 2020 - Funder: EU H2020 - Discipline: Coronavirus research
- "Horizon 2020 Annotated Grant Agreement” 2019 - Funder: EU H2020 - Discipline: All
- “Open Research Data and Data Management Plans” 2019 - Funder: European Research Council - ERC - Discipline: All
- “Turning FAIR into Reality” 2018 - Funder: EU European Open Science Cloud - EOSC - Discipline: All
- “Framework for Discipline-specific Research Data Management” 2018 - Funders Association: Science Europe - Discipline: All
- “Open Research Data Task Force Case Study” 2018 - Governamental: UK Open Research Data Task Force - Discipline: All
- “FAIR in Practice” 2018 - Non-for-profit: UK Jisc - Discipline: All
Activities at next Plenary
RDA Plenary P14th, 9th-12nd November 2020, Costa Rica (virtual)
The FAIRsharing WG will present at the session on Thursday, 12 November (breakout 8) run by the Research Funders and Stakeholders on Open Research and Data Management Policies and Practices IG
Activities at previous Plenary
RDA Plenary P14th, 23rd-25th October 2019, Helsinki, Finland
The FAIRsharing WG was involved in and presented at a number of RDA and pre-RDA sessions
Pre-RDA FAIRsFAIR meeting
- Building the data landscape of the future: FAIR Semantics and FAIR Repositories (Agenda) (Slides on semantics) (Slides on repositories)
- Breakout 3 - Criteria for repository selection (All slides from this session)
- Breakout 6 - The challenging FAIRisation route: how could assessment help? (All slides from this session) (Session Report)
- Breakout 7 - Access to Human Data Makes a Difference
- Breakout 7 - Metadata for FAIR Data (FAIRsharing slides)
- Breakout 8 - Reuse and adoption of standards and RDA outputs in the agrifood community (FAIRsharing slides)
RDA Plenary 12th, 5th-7th November 2018, Gaborone, Botswana
The FAIRsharing WG was involved in a number of RDA and pre-RDA sessions.
Monday 5th November
- RDA BREAKOUT 1 11:30-13:00 BoF Introducing Research Data Management in Engineering - video and remote attendance
- RDA BREAKOUT 1 11:30-13:00 BoF GO FAIR - presentation
- RDA BREAKOUT 2 14:00-15:30 WG FAIRsharing Registry: Connecting Data Policies Standards & Databases, IG Data Policy Standardisation and Implementation: Journal Data Policy Standardization for FAIRer Data - Where We Are, What is Next - presentation
- RDA BREAKOUT 2 14:00-15:30 BoF Best Practices for Vocabulary-based Projects: Development, Standardization, Registration, Harmonization and Support - video and remote attendance
Tuesday 6th November
- SciDataCon Session 14:00-15:30 Democratising Data Publishing: A Global Perspective - Part 1 - presentation
- SciDataCon Session 16:00-17:30 Supporting FAIR data - presentation
- SciDataCon Session 16:00-17:30 Democratising Data Publishing: A Global Perspective - Part 1 - panel
Wednesday 7th November
- RDA BREAKOUT 6 16:00-17:30 G ELIXIR Bridging Force, WG FAIRsharing Registry: Connecting Data Policies, Standards & Databases, IG Agricultural Data Interest Group (IGAD), IG Biodiversity Data Integration, IG RDA/CODATA Legal Interoperability - Access and Benefits Sharing and the Nagoya Protocol - presentation
Please don't hesitate to contact us on email@example.com if you would like to arrange to talk to us at the plenary or to invite one of our representatives to your session.
RDA Plenary 11th, 21st-23rd March 2018, Berlin, Germany
FAIRsharing was involved in a number of RDA and pre-RDA sessions:
- Wednesday 21st March, Breakout 1 - Joint meeting: IG ELIXIR Bridging Force, IG BioDiversity Data Integration, WG FAIRsharing Registry
- Wednesday 21st March, Breakout 2 - Joint meeting: IG ELIXIR Bridging Force, IG Preservation Tools, Techniques and Policies, IG From Observational Data to Information, WG FAIRsharing Registry
- Friday 23rd March, Breakout 8 - Joint meeting: IG Agricultural Data (IGAD), IG Data Discovery Paradigms, IG ELIXIR Bridging Force, WG FAIRsharing Registry
RDA Plenary 10th, 17th-21st September 2017, Montreal, Canada
Sunday 17th September - Monday 18th September
- Interest Group on Agricultural Data (IGAD) Pre-Plenary meeting - slides available here
Tuesday 19th September
- 11:30-13:00 Interest Group Data Discovery Paradigms
- 4:00-15:30 Interest Group Mapping the landscape
- 16:00-17:30 Joint WG FAIRsharing, IG ELIXIR Bridging Force - Slides
Wednesday 20th September
Thursday 21st September
- 11:00-12:30 Working Group Data Fitness
RDA Plenary 9th, 5-7th April 2017, Barcelona, Spain
Monday 3rd - Tuesday 4th April
- Interest Group on Agricultural Data (IGAD) Pre-RDA meeting - slides available here
- EUDAT Semantic Working Group Workshop - slides available here
Wednesday 5th April
- 11:30-13:00 Breakout 1 - What's Happened in the Life Sciences - joint FAIRsharingWG & ELIXIR Bridging Force IG (Room MR12) - FAIRsharing slides available here
- 13:00-14:00 Recommendation and adoption demo (Poster room)
Thursday 6th April
- 14:00-15:30 Breakout 6 - Data policy standisation and implementation - using the life and biomedical sciences as a domain-specific example (Room MR12) - FAIRsharing slides available here
- 16:00-18:00 Plenary Session - FAIRsharing Registry - Recommendations & Outputs (Plenary room) - slides here and video here
RDA Plenary 8th and IDW, 11-17th September 2016, Denver, USA
We co-organized and presented at the following sessions:
- SciDataCon16: Biomedical Data Stewardship: technologies for making biomedical resources FAIR, session 34 with the NIH BD2K community - slides here
- Thursday 15th September 2-3:30pm:
- Friday 16th September 9-10am:
- RDA output - a 10 minute review of the FAIRsharing WG, where we are with 6 months to go
- Friday 16th September 11-12:30pm:
- The FAIR Data Principles - the concepts and exemplars implementations, a joint session between IG ELIXIR Bridging Force and WG FAIRsharing - slides here
- Saturday 17th September 11-12:30pm:
- Data policies, databases and metadata standards: inform, cross-link, use, a joint session among Publishing Data IG, Metadata standards catalog WG and WG FAIRsharing - slides here
RDA pre-Plenary 8th
- Pre-defined Recommendations: A core-set of resources (databases and/or standards) that have been selected and recommended by relevant groups or organizations.
- Wizard Tool (beta): The wizard guides users step-by-step through the resources captured in FAIRsharing.
- FAIRsharing Standards Registry Survey: We have just closed our FAIRsharing Standards Registry survey, where we have assessed your needs for a registry of data/content standards in the life, environmental and biomedical sciences. We have had over 530 responses. We're now analysing the survey and will shortly publicize an executive summary of the results, along with the raw data.
RDA Plenary 7th
Where we presented
- Tues - Breakout 3: Joint meeting IG ELIXIR Bridging Force and WG FAIRsharing Registry.
- Update on the FAIRsharing WG activities
Activities pre-plenary 7
To prioritize FAIRsharing registry's content and capabilities, in a way most appropriate to your needs, we have run a 10 questions survey and received 530 replies!
Here you can see a 3 slides update on our progresses to date.
RDA Plenary 6th
Thank-you for your feedback at the 6th Plenary meeting in Paris. It was great to catch up with everyone and to hear about the innovative and challenging work everyone is doing. If you didn’t manage to catch us at the meeting, our slides and our leaflet are available on Slideshare, as follows:
- WG RDA/WDS Publishing Data Workflows (10 minute presentation)
- FAIRsharing WG Joint Session (20 minute presentation)
- A leaflet detailing FAIRsharing and some of our new features
Where we presented
- Wed - Working Meeting Session 1
- Thur - Working Meeting Session 6
- Fri - Working Meeting Session 8 and 9
- "Joint meeting of IG ELIXIR Bridging Force & WG FAIRsharing Registry: Life Sciences and Sensitive Data"
- "Joint meeting of IG Domain Repositories, IG Agriculture Data Interest Group (IGAD), WG FAIRsharing Registry, IG RDA/CODATA Materials Data, Infrastructure & Interoperability & WG Wheat Data Interoperability"
RDA pre-Plenary 6th
Help us prioritize improvements to FAIRsharing's capabilities as a Standards Information Resource, in a way most appropriate to your needs. Take a few minutes to answer few questions, please!
RDA Plenary 5th
- Scope and role for FAIRsharing in the Environment-related Interest and Working Groups - Plenary Session.
- Role and participation of FAIRsharing in NIH and ELIXIR related initiatives presented at the BoF on Biomedical Data.