I hope to see many of you at the RDA Plenary in Montreal next week and am sending information on our IG meeting: https://www.rd-alliance.org/ig-data-policy-standardisation-and-implement...
The meeting is in the first breakout session, 11.30 - 13.00 on Tuesday 19th September, in room Cartier 1.
1. Present the findings of the community calls that gathered requirements for journal/publisher policies
2. Establish a path to achieving our primary IG objective, at least for journal and publisher policy: a common framework for research data policy allowing for different levels of commitment and requirements and disciplinary differences that could be agreed by multiple stakeholders
3. Update the group and seek comments and feedback on our activities so far
4. Attract further group members particularly those interested in leading or participating in a funder policy work-stream
5. Establish a timeline for evolving the journal and publisher policy work-stream into a WG
Meeting agenda and speakers:
1. Brief (re)introduction to the group and our activities so far (Iain Hrynaszkiewicz; 10 mins)
2. Data policy issues for editors and publishers (Ross Wilkinson, ANDS; 10 mins)
3. Discussion (5 mins)
4. Outcomes of our community calls on journal and publisher policy (Iain Hrynaszkiewicz; 15 mins)
5. Discussion of requirements gathered - towards a framework for journal/publisher policy (15 mins)
- What is missing?
6. Funder policy developments (Sarah Jones, DCC 15 mins)
7. Discussion of potential for funder policy work-stream (15 mins)
8. Wrap up and close (5 mins)
Meanwhile you can find notes from our community calls - of which a summary will be presented at the meeting - at:
Call 1 notes (AEST time zones)
Call 2 notes (US, EU time zones)
Head of Data Publishing
Open Research Group
The Campus | Trematon Walk | Wharfdale Road | London N1 9FN
M: +44 (0)7814 290576
T: +44 (0)207 0146753
DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage mechanism. Macmillan Publishers Limited does not accept liability for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of Nature Research or one of their agents.
Please note that Macmillan Publishers Limited and their agents and affiliates do not accept any responsibility for viruses or malware that may be contained in this e-mail or its attachments and it is your responsibility to scan the e-mail and attachments (if any).
IG Data policy standardisation and implementation - RDA 10th Plenary meeting
You are here