Supporting output discussion call

31 Jan 2018
Groups audience: 

Hi,
This is the work we did revising the definitions of the proposal. The document attached shows some suggestions for improvements and a glossary of terms which could help.
Should I mail it to the Group?
Regards
Abraham
________________________________
From: weigel=***@***.***-groups.org <***@***.***-groups.org> on behalf of TobiasWeigel <***@***.***>
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 1:38 PM
To: TobiasWeigel
Subject: Re: [rda-datafabric-ig] Scheduling pre-P11 call and supporting output discussion call
Dear all,
just a brief reminder that tomorrow, Jan 31, 13:00 UTC we will have a
final discussion of the supporting output document (we will not discuss
P11 items - those will be at the March 7 meeting). I have already gone
through the comments made and made some minor changes to the
recommendation doc, mostly clarifying some points that were apparently
confusing. See attached. Changes are to be minimal as the document was
already discussed and worked out in detail last year. The goal of
tomorrow's call should simply be to review the comments and changes made
and make a decision on whether we are fine with endorsing the final
document.
Call details:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/422822397
Access Code: 422-822-397
More phone numbers
United States: +1 (669) 224-3319
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9379
Finland: +358 923 17 0556
France: +33 170 950 590
Germany: +49 692 5736 7300
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Netherlands: +31 707 709 520
Sweden: +46 775 757 471
United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5011
Best, Tobias
Hi,
This is the work we did revising the definitions of the proposal. The document attached shows some suggestions for improvements and a glossary of terms which could help.
Should I mail it to the Group?
Regards
Abraham
________________________________
From: weigel=***@***.***-groups.org <***@***.***-groups.org> on behalf of TobiasWeigel <***@***.***>
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 1:38 PM
To: TobiasWeigel
Subject: Re: [rda-datafabric-ig] Scheduling pre-P11 call and supporting output discussion call
Dear all,
just a brief reminder that tomorrow, Jan 31, 13:00 UTC we will have a
final discussion of the supporting output document (we will not discuss
P11 items - those will be at the March 7 meeting). I have already gone
through the comments made and made some minor changes to the
recommendation doc, mostly clarifying some points that were apparently
confusing. See attached. Changes are to be minimal as the document was
already discussed and worked out in detail last year. The goal of
tomorrow's call should simply be to review the comments and changes made
and make a decision on whether we are fine with endorsing the final
document.
Call details:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/422822397
Access Code: 422-822-397
More phone numbers
United States: +1 (669) 224-3319
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9379
Finland: +358 923 17 0556
France: +33 170 950 590
Germany: +49 692 5736 7300
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Netherlands: +31 707 709 520
Sweden: +46 775 757 471
United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5011
Best, Tobias
On 11.01.2018 10:30, TobiasWeigel wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> thank you for stating your availabilities.
> We will meet virtually on:
>
> 1.) Supporting output discussion: Wed, January 31, 13:00 UTC
> 2.) Pre-P11 session planning: Wed, March 7, 12:00 UTC
>
> Looking forward to the discussions.
>
> Best, Tobias
>
> On 05.01.2018 14:19, Tobias Weigel wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I you have not indicated your availability in the two Doodle calls below
>> but wish to participate, please do so soon as I would like to fix the
>> dates by next week. The two meetings concerned are about reviewing and
>> resubmitting the supporting output and a pre-P11 call where we will
>> decide how to conduct the use case driver presentations for the plenary
>> session.
>>
>> Best, Tobias
>>
>> On 19.12.2017 14:43, TobiasWeigel wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> thank you for joining today's meeting.
>>> As discussed during the call, we will have two more calls before P11:
>>>
>>> 1.) Supporting output discussion. The point should be to react to the
>>> review comment with minimal new content to be included, and make sure
>>> that the state as described in the document is understandable by
>>> outsiders. We must be fully aware that this is an unfinished discussion.
>>>
>>> The supporting output document and Mark P.'s comments are here:
>>> https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/data-fabric-ig/outcomes/recommendation...
Recommendations for Implementing a Virtual Layer for ...
www.rd-alliance.org
Thank you for doing this. I think it is a nice summation of many conversations across RDA in the last few years. And while not perfect, I think it does a good job of ...
Hi,
This is the work we did revising the definitions of the proposal. The document attached shows some suggestions for improvements and a glossary of terms which could help.
Should I mail it to the Group?
Regards
Abraham
________________________________
From: weigel=***@***.***-groups.org <***@***.***-groups.org> on behalf of TobiasWeigel <***@***.***>
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 1:38 PM
To: TobiasWeigel
Subject: Re: [rda-datafabric-ig] Scheduling pre-P11 call and supporting output discussion call
Dear all,
just a brief reminder that tomorrow, Jan 31, 13:00 UTC we will have a
final discussion of the supporting output document (we will not discuss
P11 items - those will be at the March 7 meeting). I have already gone
through the comments made and made some minor changes to the
recommendation doc, mostly clarifying some points that were apparently
confusing. See attached. Changes are to be minimal as the document was
already discussed and worked out in detail last year. The goal of
tomorrow's call should simply be to review the comments and changes made
and make a decision on whether we are fine with endorsing the final
document.
Call details:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/422822397
Access Code: 422-822-397
More phone numbers
United States: +1 (669) 224-3319
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9379
Finland: +358 923 17 0556
France: +33 170 950 590
Germany: +49 692 5736 7300
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Netherlands: +31 707 709 520
Sweden: +46 775 757 471
United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5011
Best, Tobias
On 11.01.2018 10:30, TobiasWeigel wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> thank you for stating your availabilities.
> We will meet virtually on:
>
> 1.) Supporting output discussion: Wed, January 31, 13:00 UTC
> 2.) Pre-P11 session planning: Wed, March 7, 12:00 UTC
>
> Looking forward to the discussions.
>
> Best, Tobias
>
> On 05.01.2018 14:19, Tobias Weigel wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I you have not indicated your availability in the two Doodle calls below
>> but wish to participate, please do so soon as I would like to fix the
>> dates by next week. The two meetings concerned are about reviewing and
>> resubmitting the supporting output and a pre-P11 call where we will
>> decide how to conduct the use case driver presentations for the plenary
>> session.
>>
>> Best, Tobias
>>
>> On 19.12.2017 14:43, TobiasWeigel wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> thank you for joining today's meeting.
>>> As discussed during the call, we will have two more calls before P11:
>>>
>>> 1.) Supporting output discussion. The point should be to react to the
>>> review comment with minimal new content to be included, and make sure
>>> that the state as described in the document is understandable by
>>> outsiders. We must be fully aware that this is an unfinished discussion.
>>>
>>> The supporting output document and Mark P.'s comments are here:
>>> https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/data-fabric-ig/outcomes/recommendation...
Recommendations for Implementing a Virtual Layer for ...
www.rd-alliance.org
Thank you for doing this. I think it is a nice summation of many conversations across RDA in the last few years. And while not perfect, I think it does a good job of ...
>>>
>>> We will use this call to address his points and make a plan. I'm
>>> attaching a .docx version of the document to this e-mail.
>>>
>>> Please fill out this Doodle:
>>> https://doodle.com/poll/nxsbhv2n9p9v9cbm
[https://doodle.com/graphics/static/facebookSharingThumbnail.png]
Doodle: Data Fabric supporting output document discussion VC
doodle.com
Doodle radically simplifies the process of scheduling events, meetings, appointments, etc. Herding cats gets 2x faster with Doodle. For free!
Hi,
This is the work we did revising the definitions of the proposal. The document attached shows some suggestions for improvements and a glossary of terms which could help.
Should I mail it to the Group?
Regards
Abraham
________________________________
From: weigel=***@***.***-groups.org <***@***.***-groups.org> on behalf of TobiasWeigel <***@***.***>
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 1:38 PM
To: TobiasWeigel
Subject: Re: [rda-datafabric-ig] Scheduling pre-P11 call and supporting output discussion call
Dear all,
just a brief reminder that tomorrow, Jan 31, 13:00 UTC we will have a
final discussion of the supporting output document (we will not discuss
P11 items - those will be at the March 7 meeting). I have already gone
through the comments made and made some minor changes to the
recommendation doc, mostly clarifying some points that were apparently
confusing. See attached. Changes are to be minimal as the document was
already discussed and worked out in detail last year. The goal of
tomorrow's call should simply be to review the comments and changes made
and make a decision on whether we are fine with endorsing the final
document.
Call details:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/422822397
Access Code: 422-822-397
More phone numbers
United States: +1 (669) 224-3319
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9379
Finland: +358 923 17 0556
France: +33 170 950 590
Germany: +49 692 5736 7300
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Netherlands: +31 707 709 520
Sweden: +46 775 757 471
United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5011
Best, Tobias
On 11.01.2018 10:30, TobiasWeigel wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> thank you for stating your availabilities.
> We will meet virtually on:
>
> 1.) Supporting output discussion: Wed, January 31, 13:00 UTC
> 2.) Pre-P11 session planning: Wed, March 7, 12:00 UTC
>
> Looking forward to the discussions.
>
> Best, Tobias
>
> On 05.01.2018 14:19, Tobias Weigel wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I you have not indicated your availability in the two Doodle calls below
>> but wish to participate, please do so soon as I would like to fix the
>> dates by next week. The two meetings concerned are about reviewing and
>> resubmitting the supporting output and a pre-P11 call where we will
>> decide how to conduct the use case driver presentations for the plenary
>> session.
>>
>> Best, Tobias
>>
>> On 19.12.2017 14:43, TobiasWeigel wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> thank you for joining today's meeting.
>>> As discussed during the call, we will have two more calls before P11:
>>>
>>> 1.) Supporting output discussion. The point should be to react to the
>>> review comment with minimal new content to be included, and make sure
>>> that the state as described in the document is understandable by
>>> outsiders. We must be fully aware that this is an unfinished discussion.
>>>
>>> The supporting output document and Mark P.'s comments are here:
>>> https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/data-fabric-ig/outcomes/recommendation...
Recommendations for Implementing a Virtual Layer for ...
www.rd-alliance.org
Thank you for doing this. I think it is a nice summation of many conversations across RDA in the last few years. And while not perfect, I think it does a good job of ...
>>>
>>> We will use this call to address his points and make a plan. I'm
>>> attaching a .docx version of the document to this e-mail.
>>>
>>> Please fill out this Doodle:
>>> https://doodle.com/poll/nxsbhv2n9p9v9cbm
[https://doodle.com/graphics/static/facebookSharingThumbnail.png]
Doodle: Data Fabric supporting output document discussion VC
doodle.com
Doodle radically simplifies the process of scheduling events, meetings, appointments, etc. Herding cats gets 2x faster with Doodle. For free!
>>>
>>> (This has later time slots than the other/today's one because I would
>>> like to leave an option to invite Mark Parsons if needed as well.)
>>>
>>> 2.) Pre-P11 call, to come to an agreement on the 'driver presentations'
>>> and make all effort we can to make most of plenary session time. The
>>> idea should be to map each of our interest to the components of the
>>> fabric (see attached document), based on a collaboration document we
>>> would prepare in advance.
>>>
>>> Please fill out this Doodle:
>>> https://doodle.com/poll/en9zqm8w6bid96td
[https://doodle.com/graphics/static/facebookSharingThumbnail.png]
Doodle: Data Fabric pre-P11 VC
doodle.com
Doodle radically simplifies the process of scheduling events, meetings, appointments, etc. Herding cats gets 2x faster with Doodle. For free!
Hi,
This is the work we did revising the definitions of the proposal. The document attached shows some suggestions for improvements and a glossary of terms which could help.
Should I mail it to the Group?
Regards
Abraham
________________________________
From: weigel=***@***.***-groups.org <***@***.***-groups.org> on behalf of TobiasWeigel <***@***.***>
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 1:38 PM
To: TobiasWeigel
Subject: Re: [rda-datafabric-ig] Scheduling pre-P11 call and supporting output discussion call
Dear all,
just a brief reminder that tomorrow, Jan 31, 13:00 UTC we will have a
final discussion of the supporting output document (we will not discuss
P11 items - those will be at the March 7 meeting). I have already gone
through the comments made and made some minor changes to the
recommendation doc, mostly clarifying some points that were apparently
confusing. See attached. Changes are to be minimal as the document was
already discussed and worked out in detail last year. The goal of
tomorrow's call should simply be to review the comments and changes made
and make a decision on whether we are fine with endorsing the final
document.
Call details:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/422822397
Access Code: 422-822-397
More phone numbers
United States: +1 (669) 224-3319
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9379
Finland: +358 923 17 0556
France: +33 170 950 590
Germany: +49 692 5736 7300
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Netherlands: +31 707 709 520
Sweden: +46 775 757 471
United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5011
Best, Tobias
On 11.01.2018 10:30, TobiasWeigel wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> thank you for stating your availabilities.
> We will meet virtually on:
>
> 1.) Supporting output discussion: Wed, January 31, 13:00 UTC
> 2.) Pre-P11 session planning: Wed, March 7, 12:00 UTC
>
> Looking forward to the discussions.
>
> Best, Tobias
>
> On 05.01.2018 14:19, Tobias Weigel wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I you have not indicated your availability in the two Doodle calls below
>> but wish to participate, please do so soon as I would like to fix the
>> dates by next week. The two meetings concerned are about reviewing and
>> resubmitting the supporting output and a pre-P11 call where we will
>> decide how to conduct the use case driver presentations for the plenary
>> session.
>>
>> Best, Tobias
>>
>> On 19.12.2017 14:43, TobiasWeigel wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> thank you for joining today's meeting.
>>> As discussed during the call, we will have two more calls before P11:
>>>
>>> 1.) Supporting output discussion. The point should be to react to the
>>> review comment with minimal new content to be included, and make sure
>>> that the state as described in the document is understandable by
>>> outsiders. We must be fully aware that this is an unfinished discussion.
>>>
>>> The supporting output document and Mark P.'s comments are here:
>>> https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/data-fabric-ig/outcomes/recommendation...
Recommendations for Implementing a Virtual Layer for ...
www.rd-alliance.org
Thank you for doing this. I think it is a nice summation of many conversations across RDA in the last few years. And while not perfect, I think it does a good job of ...
>>>
>>> We will use this call to address his points and make a plan. I'm
>>> attaching a .docx version of the document to this e-mail.
>>>
>>> Please fill out this Doodle:
>>> https://doodle.com/poll/nxsbhv2n9p9v9cbm
[https://doodle.com/graphics/static/facebookSharingThumbnail.png]
Doodle: Data Fabric supporting output document discussion VC
doodle.com
Doodle radically simplifies the process of scheduling events, meetings, appointments, etc. Herding cats gets 2x faster with Doodle. For free!
>>>
>>> (This has later time slots than the other/today's one because I would
>>> like to leave an option to invite Mark Parsons if needed as well.)
>>>
>>> 2.) Pre-P11 call, to come to an agreement on the 'driver presentations'
>>> and make all effort we can to make most of plenary session time. The
>>> idea should be to map each of our interest to the components of the
>>> fabric (see attached document), based on a collaboration document we
>>> would prepare in advance.
>>>
>>> Please fill out this Doodle:
>>> https://doodle.com/poll/en9zqm8w6bid96td
[https://doodle.com/graphics/static/facebookSharingThumbnail.png]
Doodle: Data Fabric pre-P11 VC
doodle.com
Doodle radically simplifies the process of scheduling events, meetings, appointments, etc. Herding cats gets 2x faster with Doodle. For free!
>>>
>>> Best, Tobias
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Attached files:
>>> recommendation-aug-2017-v10.docx
>>>
>>> --
>>> Full post:
>>> https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/data-fabric-ig/post/scheduling-pre-p11...
Scheduling pre-P11 call and supporting output discussion ...
www.rd-alliance.org
Dear all, thank you for joining today's meeting. As discussed during the call, we will have two more calls before P11: 1.) Supporting output discussion. The point ...
--
Dr. Tobias Weigel
Abteilung Datenmanagement
Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH (DKRZ)
Bundesstraße 45 a • 20146 Hamburg • Germany
Phone: +49 40 460094-431
Email: ***@***.***
URL: http://www.dkrz.de
ORCID: orcid.org/0000-0002-4040-0215
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Thomas Ludwig
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 39784

File Attachment: 
AttachmentSize
File RDA-DFIG-Output.V3.docx673.87 KB