Dear IGAD Community,
The Second IGAD Annual Virtual Meeting 2022 is almost ready! The draft agenda will be published on Tuesday 15 March with lots of presentations and interesting topics!
Just a brief summary:
- A session dedicated to Ethical and legal issues around agricultural data organized by Valeria Pesce (Global Forum on Agricultural Research and Innovation, GFAR)
- Two sessions dedicated to Platforms for agricultural data: how to address the fragmented landscape? organized by Lars Kahnert (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit, GIZ) and Cynthia Parr (USDA Agricultural Research Service)
- A session dedicated to Governance of farm-level digital technologies and agricultural data organized by Sarah-Louise Ruder (Canada, University of British Columbia), Dr. Hannah Wittman (Canada, University of British Columbia)
- A session dedicated to FAIRifying data and code for Artificial Intelligence in agricultural production organized by Erik Van Ingen (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, FAO) and Ioannis N. Athanasiadis (Wageningen University and Research)
- A session dedicated to Plant-pollinator interactions data standards organized by Debora Drucker (Embrapa) an Abram Bicksler (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, FAO)
- And two sessions dedicated to IGAD/RDA : Sharing Experiences and Creating Digital Dialogues in Latin America and the Caribbean (Spanish) organized by Wouter Schallier (United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean) and Imma Subirats (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, FAO)
Sessions will not exceed two hours and they will be distrbuted along three weeks from 21 March to 8 April 2022!
The agenda will include individual registration links for each virtual session. Those willing to attend are encouraged to register for multiple days based on interests and needs.
The full schedule of presentations and registration links for the three week long virtual meeting will be available next Tuesday.
If you have any comment or suggestion please write to us at AIMS@fao.org.
Thank you and looking forward to meeting you virtually during the Second IGAD Annual Virtual Meeting 2022!
Imma Subirats Coll
on behalf of the IGAD co-chairs: Debora Drucker, Cyndy Parr, Valeria Pesce, Imma Subirats