Re: [Agriculture.DWG] Proposed Delft / Barcelona follow-on discussion of agricultural features

18 May 2017

And…the call info
1. Please join my meeting, Thu May 25th 9:00 AM EDT.
https://www4.gotomeeting.com/join/311464117
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
NZ: +64 9 282 9510
AU: +61 2 8355 1038
IT: +39 0 230 57 81 80
IE: +353 15 360 756
NO: +47 21 93 37 37
DK: +45 32 72 03 69
CH: +41 225 4599 60
SE: +46 853 527 818
FR: +33 170 950 590
DE: +49 692 5736 7300
GB: +44 330 221 0098
US: +1 (224) 501-3318
ES: +34 932 75 1230
NL: +31 207 941 375
BE: +32 28 93 7002
CA: +1 (647) 497-9373
FI: +358 923 17 0556
AT: +43 1 2530 22500
Access Code: 311-464-117 Audio PIN will be displayed upon joining the web session.

  • Simon Cox's picture

    Author: Simon Cox

    Date: 18 May, 2017

    23:00 here ☹
    And I’m flying to Sydney only a few hours later.
    Will have to pass.
    From: jlieberman=***@***.***-groups.org [mailto:***@***.***-groups.org] On Behalf Of JoshLieberman
    Sent: Thursday, 18 May, 2017 12:50
    To: Joshua Lieberman <***@***.***>; Agricultural Data IG (IGAD) <***@***.***-groups.org>
    Cc: ***@***.***; Kris Matson <***@***.***>; Andres Ferreyra <***@***.***>; ***@***.***
    Subject: [rda-agrdatainterop-ig] Re: [Agriculture.DWG] Proposed Delft / Barcelona follow-on discussion of agricultural features
    And…the call info
    1. Please join my meeting, Thu May 25th 9:00 AM EDT.
    https://www4.gotomeeting.com/join/311464117
    2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
    NZ: +64 9 282 9510
    AU: +61 2 8355 1038
    IT: +39 0 230 57 81 80
    IE: +353 15 360 756
    NO: +47 21 93 37 37
    DK: +45 32 72 03 69
    CH: +41 225 4599 60
    SE: +46 853 527 818
    FR: +33 170 950 590
    DE: +49 692 5736 7300
    GB: +44 330 221 0098
    US: +1 (224) 501-3318
    ES: +34 932 75 1230
    NL: +31 207 941 375
    BE: +32 28 93 7002
    CA: +1 (647) 497-9373
    FI: +358 923 17 0556
    AT: +43 1 2530 22500
    Access Code: 311-464-117 Audio PIN will be displayed upon joining the web session.
    On May 17, 2017, at 10:40 PM, Joshua Lieberman via Agriculture.DWG <***@***.***> wrote:
    Greetings,
    It has been a while since the Agriculture Summit at the OGC TC in Delft and the various Ag sessions at the RDA plenary in Barcelona. It seems timely to schedule a call / webconference to sort through the various discussions that have occurred and see what activities it would make sense for some combination of organizations including OGC to pursue.
    It has been quite clear that greater interoperability of agricultural data in many forms is required to meet a number of data sharing and integration goals. It is also clear that there are many organizations engaged in building data models or interchange specifications. In some cases these are complementary and in other cases overlapping. In general though, they take varying approaches to modeling space and geography, presenting a geospatial interoperability challenge of different formats, divergent coordinate systems, and varying collection or aggregation units.
    My suggestions for an agenda is to look at some experimental activities, such as interoperability experiment or testbed, and ask whether OGC can represent the development of a standard agricultural feature model which could be incorporated into various other agricultural data specifications and provide a form of consistency and validity to the representation of space +/- time. Something like . This at least would be one way of organizing a collaboration with roles suiting the particular expertise of each organization.
    There are other possibilities for action to discuss, including another SoilML activity with a possible connection to urban surface / underground environments, as well as a common data format for UAV-derived agricultural imagery. There is an Agricultural DWG session also scheduled for the OGC St. Johns meeting at the end of June at which activities can be further considered and perhaps formalized.
    The call is scheduled for Thursday, 25 May at 9am US eastern daylight time (13h UTC), since this day and time seemed reasonable in the Summit planning process. Call logistics are below. Let me know if you can make it and any changes or additions you suggest for call topics.
    Regards,
    Josh Lieberman
    Chair, Agriculture DWG
    Principal, Tumbling Walls
    jlieberman*tumblingwalls.com
    +1 617 431 6431

  • Karel Charvat's picture

    Author: Karel Charvat

    Date: 18 May, 2017

    Thanks, will be there, it mean 15 00 of CET summer time?
    Karel
    From: jlieberman=***@***.***-groups.org [mailto:***@***.***-groups.org] On Behalf Of JoshLieberman
    Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2017 4:50 AM
    To: Joshua Lieberman <***@***.***>; Agricultural Data IG (IGAD) <***@***.***-groups.org>
    Cc: ***@***.***; Kris Matson <***@***.***>; Andres Ferreyra <***@***.***>; ***@***.***
    Subject: [rda-agrdatainterop-ig] Re: [Agriculture.DWG] Proposed Delft / Barcelona follow-on discussion of agricultural features
    And…the call info
    1. Please join my meeting, Thu May 25th 9:00 AM EDT.
    https://www4.gotomeeting.com/join/311464117
    2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
    NZ: +64 9 282 9510
    AU: +61 2 8355 1038
    IT: +39 0 230 57 81 80
    IE: +353 15 360 756
    NO: +47 21 93 37 37
    DK: +45 32 72 03 69
    CH: +41 225 4599 60
    SE: +46 853 527 818
    FR: +33 170 950 590
    DE: +49 692 5736 7300
    GB: +44 330 221 0098
    US: +1 (224) 501-3318
    ES: +34 932 75 1230
    NL: +31 207 941 375
    BE: +32 28 93 7002
    CA: +1 (647) 497-9373
    FI: +358 923 17 0556
    AT: +43 1 2530 22500
    Access Code: 311-464-117 Audio PIN will be displayed upon joining the web session.
    On May 17, 2017, at 10:40 PM, Joshua Lieberman via Agriculture.DWG <***@***.*** > wrote:
    Greetings,
    It has been a while since the Agriculture Summit at the OGC TC in Delft and the various Ag sessions at the RDA plenary in Barcelona. It seems timely to schedule a call / webconference to sort through the various discussions that have occurred and see what activities it would make sense for some combination of organizations including OGC to pursue.
    It has been quite clear that greater interoperability of agricultural data in many forms is required to meet a number of data sharing and integration goals. It is also clear that there are many organizations engaged in building data models or interchange specifications. In some cases these are complementary and in other cases overlapping. In general though, they take varying approaches to modeling space and geography, presenting a geospatial interoperability challenge of different formats, divergent coordinate systems, and varying collection or aggregation units.
    My suggestions for an agenda is to look at some experimental activities, such as interoperability experiment or testbed, and ask whether OGC can represent the development of a standard agricultural feature model which could be incorporated into various other agricultural data specifications and provide a form of consistency and validity to the representation of space +/- time. Something like . This at least would be one way of organizing a collaboration with roles suiting the particular expertise of each organization.
    There are other possibilities for action to discuss, including another SoilML activity with a possible connection to urban surface / underground environments, as well as a common data format for UAV-derived agricultural imagery. There is an Agricultural DWG session also scheduled for the OGC St. Johns meeting at the end of June at which activities can be further considered and perhaps formalized.
    The call is scheduled for Thursday, 25 May at 9am US eastern daylight time (13h UTC), since this day and time seemed reasonable in the Summit planning process. Call logistics are below. Let me know if you can make it and any changes or additions you suggest for call topics.
    Regards,
    Josh Lieberman
    Chair, Agriculture DWG
    Principal, Tumbling Walls
    jlieberman*tumblingwalls.com
    +1 617 431 6431

  • Sonigitu Ekpe's picture

    Author: Sonigitu Ekpe

    Date: 18 May, 2017

    Dear Joshua,
    Thank you for the kind update.
    Noted and shall be available for the meeting.
    Best regards.
    On 18 May 2017 3:44 am, "JoshLieberman" <***@***.***>
    wrote:
    And…the call info
    1. Please join my meeting, Thu May 25th 9:00 AM EDT.
    https://www4.gotomeeting.com/join/311464117
    2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or,
    call in using your telephone.
    NZ: +64 9 282 9510
    AU: +61 2 8355 1038
    IT: +39 0 230 57 81 80
    IE: +353 15 360 756
    NO: +47 21 93 37 37
    DK: +45 32 72 03 69
    CH: +41 225 4599 60
    SE: +46 853 527 818
    FR: +33 170 950 590
    DE: +49 692 5736 7300
    GB: +44 330 221 0098
    US: +1 (224) 501-3318
    ES: +34 932 75 1230
    NL: +31 207 941 375
    BE: +32 28 93 7002
    CA: +1 (647) 497-9373
    FI: +358 923 17 0556
    AT: +43 1 2530 22500
    Access Code: 311-464-117 Audio PIN will be displayed upon joining the web
    session.
    On May 17, 2017, at 10:40 PM, Joshua Lieberman via Agriculture.DWG <
    ***@***.***> wrote:
    Greetings,
    It has been a while since the Agriculture Summit at the OGC TC in Delft and
    the various Ag sessions at the RDA plenary in Barcelona. It seems timely to
    schedule a call / webconference to sort through the various discussions
    that have occurred and see what activities it would make sense for some
    combination of organizations including OGC to pursue.
    It has been quite clear that greater interoperability of agricultural data
    in many forms is required to meet a number of data sharing and integration
    goals. It is also clear that there are many organizations engaged in
    building data models or interchange specifications. In some cases these are
    complementary and in other cases overlapping. In general though, they take
    varying approaches to modeling space and geography, presenting a geospatial
    interoperability challenge of different formats, divergent coordinate
    systems, and varying collection or aggregation units.
    My suggestions for an agenda is to look at some experimental activities,
    such as interoperability experiment or testbed, and ask whether OGC can
    represent the development of a standard agricultural feature model which
    could be incorporated into various other agricultural data specifications
    and provide a form of consistency and validity to the representation of
    space +/- time. Something like .
    This at least would be one way of organizing a collaboration with roles
    suiting the particular expertise of each organization.
    There are other possibilities for action to discuss, including another
    SoilML activity with a possible connection to urban surface / underground
    environments, as well as a common data format for UAV-derived agricultural
    imagery. There is an Agricultural DWG session also scheduled for the OGC
    St. Johns meeting at the end of June at which activities can be further
    considered and perhaps formalized.
    The call is scheduled for Thursday, 25 May at 9am US eastern daylight time
    (13h UTC), since this day and time seemed reasonable in the Summit planning
    process. Call logistics are below. Let me know if you can make it and any
    changes or additions you suggest for call topics.
    Regards,
    Josh Lieberman
    Chair, Agriculture DWG
    Principal, Tumbling Walls
    jlieberman*tumblingwalls.com
    +1 617 431 6431
    --
    Full post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/agricultural-data-ig-
    igad/post/re-agriculturedwg-proposed-delft-barcelona-follow-discussion
    Manage my subscriptions: https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglist
    Stop emails for this post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/
    mailinglist/unsubscribe/56320

submit a comment