22 March 2016
The Research Data Alliance (RDA) builds the social and technical bridges that enable open sharing and re-use of data.
The RDA vision is researchers and innovators openly sharing data across technologies, disciplines, and countries to address the grand challenges of society.
Becoming a member of RDA is simple and open to both individuals and organizations who subscribe to RDA's Guiding Principles of:
- Openness – RDA community meetings and processes are open, and the deliverables of RDA Working Groups will be publicly disseminated.
- Consensus – The RDA moves forward by achieving consensus among its membership. RDA processes and procedures include appropriate mechanisms to resolve conflicts.
- Balance – The RDA seeks to promote balanced representation of its membership and stakeholder communities.
- Harmonization – The RDA works to achieve harmonization across data standards, policies, technologies, infrastructure, and communities.
- Community-driven – The RDA is a public, community-driven body constituted of volunteer members and organizations, supported by the RDA Secretariat.
- Non-profit and technology-neutral - RDA does not promote, endorse, or sell commercial products, technologies, or services.
Learn more about becoming an Individual Member >>
Learn more about becoming an Organizational Member >>
Learn more about RDA’s Student and Early Career Programs >>
Join our Community Today!