22 March 2016
The Research Data Alliance (RDA) builds the social and technical bridges that enable open sharing and re-use of data.
The RDA vision is researchers and innovators openly sharing data across technologies, disciplines, and countries to address the grand challenges of society.
Becoming a member of RDA is simple and open to both individuals and organizations who subscribe to RDA's Guiding Principles of:
- Openness – Membership is open to all interested individuals who subscribe to the RDA’s Guiding Principles. RDA community meetings and processes are open, and the deliverables of RDA Working Groups will be publicly disseminated.
- Consensus – The RDA moves forward by achieving consensus among its membership. RDA processes and procedures include appropriate mechanisms to resolve conflicts.
- Inclusive – The RDA seeks to promote broad, balanced and inclusive representation of its membership and stakeholder communities.
- Harmonization – The RDA works to achieve harmonization across data standards, policies, technologies, infrastructure, and communities.
- Community-driven – The RDA is a public, community-driven body constituted of volunteer members and organizations, supported by the RDA Secretariat.
- Non-profit and technology-neutral - The RDA does not promote, endorse, or sell commercial products, technologies, or services and the development of open and re-usable recommendations and outputs within the RDA is mandatory.
In joining RDA, individuals subscribe to adhere to the RDA Code of Conduct
Learn more about becoming an Individual Member >>
Learn more about becoming an Organizational Member >>
Learn more about RDA’s Student and Early Career Programs >>
Join our Community Today!