The Future of the Commons: Data, Software and Beyond
18 Nov 2015 - 13:30 to 21:30 UTC
On Wednesday, November 18, 2015, RDA/US, CENDI and the National Federation of Advanced Information Services (NFAIS) will be co-sponsoring a one-day workshop titled “The Future of the Commons: Data, Software and Beyond” at the National Academies of Science in Washington DC. The workshop will center on the evolving concept of the “commons” and the various challenges associated with its development. Attendees will have the opportunity to engage with their peers and industry experts on topics including privacy, security, and the unique and shifting needs of various research communities.
Due to the popularity of the topic and the comprehensive agenda, we encourage you to consider attending. The speaker lineup is impressive, as is the diverse attendee list, who represent the following organizations:
- American Physical Society
- Association of Research Libraries
- California Institute of Technology
- Center for Data Intensive Science, University of Chicago
- Council on Library and Information Resources
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Elsevier, publisher
- GigaScience Journal
- Government Publishing Office
- Information International Associates, Inc.
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering & Medicine
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- National Institutes of Health
- National Library of Medicine
- National Science Foundation
- National Technical Information Service (USDOC)
- Penn State University
- RILM Abstracts of Music Literature
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Smithsonian Libraries
- TEMIS, Inc.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- U.S. Library of Congress
- University of Notre Dame - Center for Research Computing
- University of Pittsburgh
For more information or to register to attend, please visit http://cendievents.infointl.com/CENDI_NFAIS_RDA_2015/index.html.