Skip to main content

Notice

We are in the process of rolling out a soft launch of the RDA website, which includes a new member platform. Existing RDA members PLEASE REACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT using this link: https://rda-login.wicketcloud.com/users/confirmation. Visitors may encounter functionality issues with group pages, navigation, missing content, broken links, etc. As you explore the new site, please provide your feedback using the UserSnap tool on the bottom right corner of each page. Thank you for your understanding and support as we work through all issues as quickly as possible. Stay updated about upcoming features and functionalities: https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-web-platform-upcoming-features-and-functionalities/

#129724

Hi Katy,
Thank you for sending out the agenda and reminder for the meeting. Apologies, I have a prior commitment and will not be able to attend the meeting. I will follow up later with notes/recordings of the meeting.
Best
Anu
From: mcneillh via Data Discovery Paradigms IG
Reply-To: “***@***.***
Date: Monday, June 29, 2020 at 10:01 PM
To: “***@***.***-groups.org
Cc: Reyna Jenkyns , Siri Jodha Khalsa , Mingfang Wu , Fotis Psomopoulos , “***@***.***
Subject: [datadiscovery] RDA Data Granularity TF call this Thursday, Agenda
Dear all,
Thanks to Fotis for his work so far, and he has now passed to Reyna & I the role of co-chairing the Task Force, so I’m sending the reminder/agenda for this Thursday. We’re both very much looking forward to working with you on this important effort.
Following please find:
1. Thursday’s agenda (with any preparation noted), also posted to the Google doc agenda page
2. Connection information.
Thanks and speak to you Thursday.
Kind regards,
Katy McNeill
—————
Agenda, 2020-07-02, 19:00 UTC
1. Officially joining and keeping track of Task Force group members: 5 minutes
In order to be able to involve Task Force members (communications, understanding who can contribute to which aspect of work, etc.), we will be asking everyone to register their desire to join/actively contribute to the Task force by:
a. Emailing Reyna Jenkyns , who will add members to the Google Drive folder; and
b. Ensure you are signed up for the Data Discovery Paradigms Interest Group mailing list (our mode of communication, as task forces don’t get their own mailing list)
Desired outcome: All understand the procedures for joining the Task Force.
2. Meeting time: 10 minutes
The existing meeting time (19 UTC) has worked for some, but is not as convenient for other parts of the globe (e.g., Asia Pacific). Moreover, the current time is late for some in Europe, and later than required for U.S. Pacific time (i.e., 12) We will explore the suitability of the existing meeting time and whether:
a. To adjust the given time (i.e., to 15/16/17/18 UTC), and/or
b. Alternate with another time to be more amenable to Asia-Pacific, likely with at least the following two options:
* Late in the day NZ time, which would then include Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, and some of Africa/Europe
* Early in the day Asia-Pacific, to then include U.S. Pacific & possibly others
Desired outcome: A decision on whether and how to change meeting times.
Preparation: Have on hand the range of times you can meet.
3. Plenary Planning
We will discuss the idea of putting together a BoF (Birds of a Feather) for Data Granularity for the next virtual plenary in November: https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-16th-plenary-meeting-call-sessions. Its goal could be to review the state of the WG charter, get feedback from other RDA groups, and welcome other interested people to join.
Desired outcome: Initial ideas for a session and a decision on how to proceed with putting together a P16 proposal (tasks, timelines, roles & responsibilities). As well as whether to move our August meeting (now scheduled for the 6th) to prepare for the submission deadline on the 4th.
Preparation: Review the BoF proposal from the 15th plenary, a) to understand the expected format and b) with an eye to building upon (rather than duplicating) that earlier session.
4. Task Force Goals: 10 minutes, time permitting
The group will review open deliverables (below) and discuss any other goals for task force
a. Deliverable #1: Collect known problems related to data granularity, questions we have to understand needs in this area, as well as for capturing use-cases. This will be an ongoing activity, with the dual aim being to i) document the needs that the WG would meet and ii) pave the road to a survey that will be created in the context of the new WG [see Questions & Problems doc]
b. Deliverable #2: Review the existing RDA group efforts, that relate/contribute to issues important to data granularity. Collect links to relevant documents and other resources i) to utilize in TF/WG work and ii) so not to have an overlap. [see RDA Resources doc]
c. Deliverable #3: Define a Case Statement for the WG [see Notes for Case Statement , beginning informal notes to be used to build a draft]
* Desired outcomes? Guidance/best practice white paper? Others?
* Practical domain implementations?
* Terminology (including considering existing usages in key resources like DataCite)
———————
Connection information
Join from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device:
Please click this URL to start or join. https://monash.zoom.us/j/690657268
Or, go to https://monash.zoom.us/join and enter meeting ID: 690 657 268
Join from a dial-in phone:
Dial: +61 3 99059666 (+61 3 9905 ZOOM) or +61 2 8015 2088
Toll-free dial: 1800 893 423 (US/Canada only)
Meeting ID: 690 657 268
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/afnTNs1I3
Join from a Video capable room system(H.323/SIP):
Dial:
61262227588 (From within Monash only)
or:
***@***.*** (H323) or
***@***.*** (SIP)
or
162.255.36.11 or 162.255.37.11
Meeting ID: 690 657 268
From: ***@***.***-groups.org
Sent: Friday, June 5, 2020 03:03
To: ***@***.***-groups.org
Cc: Reyna Jenkyns ; McNeill, Katherine ; Siri Jodha Khalsa ; Mingfang Wu ; Fotis Psomopoulos
Subject: Re: [datadiscovery] RDA Data Granularity TF call this Thursday
Dear all,
thank you for the very interesting discussion during our last call – it was quite productive, with a number of concrete follow-up actions identified:
* Action #1: Collect what our questions for capturing use-cases might be. This will be a continuous actions, with the aim being to pave the road to the actual survey that will be created n the context of the new WG
* Action #2: Collect links to relevant documents (in our shared GDrive). Review the existing RDA group efforts, so not to have an overlap.
* Action #3: Define a Case Statement for the WG
The full minutes of our call are available here.
Finally, our next call will take place on Thursday, July 2nd 2020 at 19:00 UTC (check your local time here).
Kind regards,
Fotis, Mingfang, SiriJodha, Katy and Reyna
On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 at 19:11, Fotis Psomopoulos wrote:
Dear all,
this is a kind reminder of our upcoming monthly call. Please take note that the time of our monthly call has now changed – our next call will take place this Thursday, June 4th 2020 at 19:00 UTC (check your local time here).
The key message from our last call was that, given the overall interest on the subject of Data Granularity, we will start moving towards establishing a Working Group – Reyna Jenkyns (Ocean Networks Canada) kindly offered to take the lead on this. For the time being the effort will continue under the DDPIG Task Force, but the goal is now towards a new WG. This is also an open invite for anyone interested to co-lead this new WG with Reyna – please, feel free to reach out directly to me and Reyna.
Finally, the connection details are as follows:
Join from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device:
Please click this URL to start or join. https://monash.zoom.us/j/690657268
Or, go to https://monash.zoom.us/join and enter meeting ID: 690 657 268
Join from a dial-in phone:
Dial: +61 3 99059666 (+61 3 9905 ZOOM) or +61 2 8015 2088
Toll-free dial: 1800 893 423 (US/Canada only)
Meeting ID: 690 657 268
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/afnTNs1I3
Join from a Video capable room system(H.323/SIP):
Dial:
61262227588 (From within Monash only)
or:
***@***.*** (H323) or
***@***.*** (SIP)
or
162.255.36.11 or 162.255.37.11
Meeting ID: 690 657 268
Kind regards,
Fotis, Mingfang, SiriJodha and Reyna

Fotis E. Psomopoulos
Assistant Research Professor
INAB – Institute of Applied Biosciences
CERTH – Center for Research and Technology Hellas
Thermi 57001, Greece
Phone: +30 2310 498 478
Fax : +30 2310 498 270
Email: ***@***.***
Site : https://fpsom.github.io
ORCID: 0000-0002-0222-4273
While I may be sending this email outside my normal office hours, I have no expectation to receive a reply outside yours.

Fotis E. Psomopoulos
Assistant Research Professor
INAB – Institute of Applied Biosciences
CERTH – Center for Research and Technology Hellas
Thermi 57001, Greece
Phone: +30 2310 498 478
Fax : +30 2310 498 270
Email: ***@***.***
Site : https://fpsom.github.io
ORCID: 0000-0002-0222-4273
While I may be sending this email outside my normal office hours, I have no expectation to receive a reply outside yours.