Skip to main content

Notice

We are in the process of rolling out a soft launch of the RDA website, which includes a new member platform. Existing RDA members PLEASE REACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT using this link: https://rda-login.wicketcloud.com/users/confirmation. Visitors may encounter functionality issues with group pages, navigation, missing content, broken links, etc. As you explore the new site, please provide your feedback using the UserSnap tool on the bottom right corner of each page. Thank you for your understanding and support as we work through all issues as quickly as possible. Stay updated about upcoming features and functionalities: https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-web-platform-upcoming-features-and-functionalities/

Homepage Forums Communications Main Forum Communications Posts Fwd: [Support] Enquiry – 12th Plenary Joint Meeting submission Fwd: [Support] Enquiry – 12th Plenary Joint Meeting submission

#130983

Lynn Yarmey
Member

Done
From: on behalf of sarapittonet
Date: Wednesday, August 8, 2018 at 8:34 AM
To: “***@***.***-groups.org
Subject: [communications] Fwd: [Support] Enquiry – 12th Plenary Joint Meeting submission
Hi all
Can one of you get back to the request below?
Many thanks
Sara
——– Messaggio Inoltrato ——–
Oggetto:
[Support] Enquiry – 12th Plenary Joint Meeting submission
Data:
Mon, 6 Aug 2018 11:55:04 +0100
Mittente:
Susanna-Assunta Sansone
A:
***@***.***-alliance.org
CC:
***@***.***
Dear organisers
Is there any news on our proposed joint session, please?
Colleagues of mine have already received notification on their proposed sessions, but we have not.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks
Susanna
(Sent from my phone)


On 28 Jun 2018, at 12:41, rd-alliance.org wrote:
Dear Susanna-Assunta Sansone,
Thank you for submitting a joint session application for the RDA 12th Plenary Meeting.
Submitted on Thursday, 28 June, 2018 – 12:41
For your convenience, please find the submitted information below:
Meeting title Journal Data Policy Standardization for FAIRer data: where we are, what is next.
Group chair serving as contact person (responsible for the agreement with the corresponding groups) Susanna-Assunta Sansone, Varsha Khodiyar, Fiona Murphy
Email ***@***.***
Your group WG BioSharing Registry: connecting data policies, standards & databases in life sciences
Please give a brief introduction describing the activities and scope of the group(s)
Organizers and session co-chairs:
Varsha Khodiyar (Data Policy Standardisation and Implementation IG): ***@***.***
Susanna-Assunta Sansone (Bio/FAIRsharing WG): ***@***.***
Fiona Murphy (Belmont Forum): ***@***.***
*****
This is a joint session between the Data Policy Standardisation and Implementation IG and the Bio/FAIRsharing WG, in collaboration with the Belmont Forum.
The common thread among these 3 groups is the realization of a common framework for research data policies, which allows for different level of commitments and requirements, according to the stakeholders’ needs; and enables registries to better index the policies, making them discoverable, searchable and comparable.
The Data Policy Standardisation and Implementation IG will share and seek feedback on the latest draft of the journal research data policy master framework in the run-up to Plenary and provide an update on their activities to date. . Formal links and common areas of interest with the Bio/FAIRsharing WG will also be identified. This WG is in the process of defining a new phase of its activities, and the FAIRsharing registry is already working to enhance the description and discoverability of the data policies, inter-linked to the databases, repositories and standards recommended. Another related project on standardising Data Accessibility Statements (DASs) – a key part of journal data policy – is managed by the Belmont Forum, a group of funding agencies; this work will also be presented and discussed. DASs are common feature of standardised journal data policies proposed by the Data Policy Standardisation and Implementation IG and are also a tool that enables funding agencies to support and monitor compliance with research data policies. The Belmont Forum project plans to submit its final recommendations to its Principals’ Plenary in October 2018 and aims to report its status, findings and learning opportunities at RDA 12th Plenary.
Please list the meeting objectives
1. Update group members and session participants on general activities of these groups focussing on the convergences, and seek feedback.
1.1. The Data Policy Standardisation and Implementation IG will present the latest draft of the journal policy research data policy master framework, which will be shared in the run-up to Plenary
1.2. The Bio/FAIRsharing WG will present the latest work to enhance the description and discoverability of the data policies, inter-linked to the databases, repositories and standards recommended
1.3. The Belmont Forum will presents its project on standardising Data Accessibility Statements (DASs) – a key part of journal data policy; this work will also be presented and discussed.
2. Discussion on possible joint activities among these three groups, and ways to engage stakeholders on policy and DAS implementation and the Bio/FAIRsharing WG is planning for its next phase.
3. Attract further members to the group(s).
4. Identify next steps.
Meeting agenda
– Brief overview of the groups: objectives and progress to date (45 mins)
– Proposed convergences and possible next steps: guided discussion (40)
– Next steps and wrap up (5 mins)
Additional links to informative material related to the participating groups i.e. group pages, case statements, working documents etc
1. Data Policy Standardisation and Implementation Policy IG (https://www.rd-alliance.org/groups/data-policy-standardisation-and-imple
2. Bio/FAIRsharing RDA/Force11 WG – draft report (https://docs.google.com/document/d/16YIwpPHHSHI8qo0nKxLu455j_82pOBdu6UMA…)
3. Belmont Forum (http://www.bfe-inf.org/resource/belmont-forum-data-publishing-policy-wor…)
4. Report from Data Policy Standardisation and Implementation IG meeting at last plenary https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SrjUPMGqF-C6zioOqZ4NsCkCtTTpENS5anSP
First group option* IG Data policy standardisation and implementation
Second group option
Third group option
Fourth group option
Audience: Please specify who is your target audience and how they should prepare for the meeting
This is an open session for many stakeholders, including policy makers and representatives of funding agencies, institutions, societies, repositories, publishers and standards organisations; equally welcome are primary researchers interested in compliance with the research data policies of journals/publishers and their institutions and funding bodies. Participants should aim to familiarise themselves with the additional links provided and be willing to give their perspective to contribute to the open discussion.
All mentioned groups in this form have agreed to this joint meeting. Acknowledged
Estimate of the required room capacity 50
Type of meeting: Informative meeting
Would you like to request support for remote participation in your group meeting? Yes
Thank you

Sara Pittonet Gaiarin
Digital Communications Strategist & Project Manager
Trust-IT Services Ltd
________________________________________________________
Trust-IT Services Ltd. Trust-IT Srl
Chase Green House via Nino Bixio, 25
42 Chase Side, Enfield 56125 Pisa – ITALY
Middlesex EN2 6NF – UK
________________________________________________________
Tel: +39-050-28359 | +39-050-8937570 | +39-050-8937571
Mobile: +39-3498084146
email: ***@***.***-itservices.com
web: http://www.trust-itservices.com
Skype: sara.pittonet
Please do not print this e-mail.
Confidentiality Notice – This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.