12 January 2015
|RDA Europe EARLY CAREER Financial Support Programme for RDA Plenary 7
The RDA Plenaries are working meetings held every six months and are designed to bring together the RDA consolidated community as well as new members in an engaging and productive setting to help advance the work lead by the RDA Working and Interest groups and RDA as a whole. The 7th RDA Plenary Meeting is taking place 1 -3 March 2016 in Tokyo – Japan. This plenary’s special focus is “Making data sharing work in the era of Open Science”. The plenary will continue to drive the adoption of the RDA group outputs that tangibly accelerate progress for global data sharing and increase data-driven innovation.
All RDA members and the public are invited to become a part of a truly global endeavour to overcome the barriers to research data sharing and join the Plenary in Tokyo. Data experts, scientists, researchers and other professionals are encouraged to attend, and we particularly welcome students and early career professionals in industries related to the fields of research data sharing and exchange.
This programme facilitates European early career researchers & scientists to attend the 7th RDA Plenary Meeting. The programme will cover the travel and subsistence costs of Early Career Researchers & Scientists to travel to Japan and support the Working Group and Interest Group activities.
Successful applicants are
- invited to display a poster summarising their studies and areas of interest during the plenary meeting
- assigned working & interest groups for which they are requested to attend the working meeting at the Plenary meeting
- asked to take notes and provide a summary of the meeting for internal use by the group members
- requested to write a publishable summary on the meeting to be posted as a blog / news piece on the RDA web site, referencing the applicant as the author
|Application & Evaluation Criteria
- The applicants should satisfy the following criteria
- Currently engaged in Bachelor, Masters, PhD or Post Doc studies
- Study is conducted in a higher education or research institution based in Europe
- Studies are of relevance & pertinence to RDA, and cover at least one of the Working or Interest Group subjects
- Not have been awarded an Early Career Scholarship in any of the previous programmes
Applications will be evaluated by a panel from the RDA Europe Consortium according to the following criteria:
- Area of interest (as broad a coverage of the RDA groups as possible - https://rd-alliance.org/groups)
- Relevance of their work in reference to the RDA activities (as expressed by the applicant in answer to the questions related to current and future benefits and follow-up activities )
- Linguistic Skills (good knowledge of English will be required to generate content)
- Geographical balance
- Gender balance
|Deadline, Notifications & How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to complete the on-line application form by 20th December 2015 23:59 CET.
All candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application after 10th January 2016.
The support programme will cover the costs detailed below. In accordance with reimbursement rules you will be expected to pay costs in advance and submit a reimbursement claim including all original documentation immediately after the event.
- Transport: Air / Train – Return economy fares; where possible please make using of lower cost and/or special offers. Taxi / Public Transport – Wherever possible we recommend using public transport, but costs for travelling in taxi can be compensated in special cases which must be clearly justified.
- Hotel Accommodation: accommodation costs, will be covered for a maximum of 4 nights.
- RDA Plenary Registration fee: the early bird Registration fee will be reimbursed
- No other expenses will be reimbursed.