The Framework task group met by phone last week (November 21) and had a productive discussion. Our agenda involved the review of our proposed outputs, as articulated in the "Task Group Notes for RDA/NISO Privacy Implications of Research Data Sets IG P8" document. All working group members are invited to contribute their thoughts about these outputs and engaging in the work toward them. You will note that task group members are beginning to mark their interest in Google Doc to work on various task items.
Among the most immediate steps for the Framework task group that are following our November meeting (captured as "To Do" items in the above-mentioned Task Group Notes Google Doc) are:
* Conduct a scan of other RDA IGs and WGs that may be engaged in related work
* Continue to collect codes of ethics/value statements and frameworks that connect to the area of privacy and research data; note that these existing statements and codes are being collected in a Google Doc titled "RDA/NISO IG Task Group: Frameworks" and will ultimately be transferred to our Zotero library
* Begin a content analysis of these codes of ethics and values statements to identify common topics, positions, and issues of concerns related to privacy and research data. This content analysis will inform our task group's drafting of a framework that make sense for those concerned with privacy implications of research data sharing
* Brainstorm stakeholder groups connected to the issue of privacy and research data
* Conduct a literature review to gain insight into stakeholders' needs and interests to inform the development of outputs from the larger IG
The task group would like to meet one more time before the New Year, particularly to discuss what we would like to accomplish prior to the April 2017 Plenary Meeting in Barcelona. Please participate in this Doodle poll by Monday, December 5: http://doodle.com/poll/2a9q6fh2hdsvsgb8. All IG members are invited to join the Framework task group's next conversation.
Nora Mattern and Bonnie Tijerina
Follow-up to Framework task group November call and arranging December call
You are here