We would like to invite you to participate in the RDA Global Water Information Interest Group session on Thursday 14 September, 14-15:30. It will be a part of the International Data Week (IDW, http://www.internationaldataweek.org/).
The main goals of the Water Interest Group within the Research Data Alliance is to bring water data infrastructure issues for discussion among RDA data experts from across disciplines and technical fields, and to explore applications of technologies and approaches developed by RDA technical groups to the water domain. See the group's charter for more details.
We are planning to discuss the following topics at the Denver meeting:
1. Dynamic data citation (followup from the previous meeting)
* Dynamic data citation in the UK National River Flow Archive
* Management of data citation in other water data sharing projects (eg HydroShare, CUAHSI WDC)
* Additional use cases for dynamic data citation in the water domain (if you are familiar with additional solutions for time series data citation - please suggest to the list, and consider presenting at the session)
2. Hydrologic vocabularies and linked data
* Vocabularies for water chemistry
* Concept of hydrologic variables as implemented in different systems
* Examples and best practice in water quality / chemistry, including examples from UK linked data service for water chemistry (http://environment.data.gov.uk/water-quality/view/landing) (again, if you familiar with additional examples and solutions, please consider presenting)
Additionally, we would like to prioritize data challenges in global hydrologic data infrastructure, and identify additional topics where interests of participants may align and lead to best practices to be further explored by the group.
Please note that IDW early bird registration deadline is August 8th, and don't hesitate to forward to others who may be interested.
Email us for more info, and also check out https://rd-alliance.org/group/global-water-information-ig/wiki/global-wa...
- Matt, Tony, Sylvain, Ilya (on behalf of GWIIG)
Ilya Zaslavsky, Ph.D.
Director, Spatial Information Systems Lab
San Diego Supercomputer Center
University of California San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive, MC-0505
La Jolla, CA 92093-0505
Global Water Information IG session during the 8th RDA plenary, International Data Week, Denver, Sept 11-17
You are here