Vince Smith and I have been discussing possible topics for the upcoming RDA meeting in Amsterdam as part of the biodiversity IG. There are a number of possible areas we might discuss which we listed below. Do any of these especially reasonate with you or are any other special areas you'd see included as part of the discussions in this IG breakout meeting?
- Identify cross-cutting activity areas with intersecting RDA IGs. What are the areas we might collaborate on or draw on their expertise?
- Identify areas of action under the overarching funding (EC H2020) opportunities and vision (e.g. modelling the biosphere)
- Interactions with relevant ESFRIs in the environmental cluster
- Virtual Research Environment (VRE) activities and roadmap for potential integration
- Sustainability and operational management of biodiversity data services
- Name resolution services
The deadline for submission of an application for a IG breakout group is midnight this Monday, so if we are to organise a breakout meeting we will have to do this ASAP.
Dr Dimitrios Koureas
Dept of Life Sciences | Biodiversity Informatics Group
The Natural History Museum London
SW7 5BD, UK
+44 (0) 207 942 5244
FW: RDA meeting Biodiversity Informatics breakout - Deadline this Monday midnight CEST
You are here