RE: [Enquiries] [rda-oab] Important: OAB Call for Nominations

31 Jan 2016
Groups audience:

Thanks Fabrizio,
I have recorded your nomination! You need to be seconded by two RDA members to complete your nomination.
Best,
Fotis
From: Enquiries [mailto:***@***.***-alliance.org] On Behalf Of Fabrizio Gagliardi
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2016 12:30 PM
To: 'fkara2' <***@***.***-innovation.gr>; 'RDA Organisational Advisory Board (OAB)' <***@***.***-groups.org>
Cc: ***@***.***-alliance.org; 'Francoise Genova' <***@***.***>
Subject: Re: [Enquiries] [rda-oab] Important: OAB Call for Nominations
Hi Fotis, I was hoping to meeting you in Paris at our last RDA-E BoD and discuss if it would be useful for me to apply. Anyway, I gave good consideration to your recommendation for OAB members to nominate themselves for this current round of election. I followed the pointer you indicated and found a still annotated document so I am not sure I was reading the final version, but I hope I got the essentials.
Considering that BSC has been an enthusiastic supporter and one of the first to subscribe to the OAB I would find appropriate for me to stand for election. Not sure how to go about the seconding. Understood in Paris that the RDA-E BoD is prepared to second applications coming from their membership. Concerning the justification for my nomination here follows a brief statement also addressing the balancing aspect.
“I have been following the growth and development of RDA since the plenary in Washington and warmly endorsed the establishment of the OAB and encouraged the Barcelona Supercomputer Centre to apply and become in fact one the first fully subscribed members. I have been since representing BSC in both RDA global and RDA Europe. Besides my more formal role as representative of one of the most prestigious R&D institutes in Europe with a strong activity in HPC and Big Data, I have been bringing in and will commit to continue doing a good understanding of industry given my several years of experience in that sector and at the same time a strong connection to the international computer science community given my many years of leadership role in ACM Europe. From a geography point of view I am Italian and associated there to the prestigious INFN institute, which represents one the largest scientific data producer communities in the world, I live in Geneva Switzerland from where I consult with a number of H2020 projects and spend most of my time in Spain working at the BSC institute. For all the above reasons I believe I can bring in a pretty diversified and balanced point of view. I have also been involved for many years in membership organizations such as IEEE, ACM and been one of the founders and leaders of GF, GGF and eventually OGF, which had/have a number of similarities with the recent RDA experience so far.”
Attached my short bio.
Please let me know what else is needed.
Thanks,
Fab
From: fkara=***@***.***-groups.org [mailto:***@***.***-groups.org] On Behalf Of fkara2
Sent: 05 January 2016 03:26
To: RDA Organisational Advisory Board (OAB)
Cc: ***@***.***-alliance.org ; Francoise Genova
Subject: [rda-oab] Important: OAB Call for Nominations
Dear all,
First of all, happy new year!
On behalf of OAB co-Chairs I am sending the following message:
An election will occur in mid-March for members for the Organisational Advisory Board – the 12-member body responsible for the work of the Organisational Members of RDA between plenaries. All designated representatives of Organisational Members are eligible for nomination. Two seconders from among organisational members and a maximum 200-word statement of why the nominee is seeking election is required. To complete a nomination, nominees are also asked to self-identify their position with respect to OAB balancing criteria among regions and types of organisations. The complete process is outlined clearly at https://rd-alliance.org/sites/default/files/OABElectionProcessV02-7-12-2... (version 2 after December OAB call).
Nominations must be received by February 1st, 2016 at ***@***.***-alliance.org .
11 positions are open for election following plenary 7. One of the current co-chairs will remain for one year making up the full 12-member body.
The OAB has a very important role within RDA; all organisational representatives are strongly encouraged to consider offering themselves for nomination or to actively promote the nomination of a fellow organisational representative.
Best, Fotis
PS1: The January OAB video call will take place next Tuesday, 12 January at 22:00 UTC (UK time). I will send a separate message on this hopefully tomorrow.
PS2: As agreed in the previous call, please send your comments on the updated election process document (link above) to be further discussed in the call next week (and hopefully soon agreed)
PS3: Another important document is the one presented by Andrew in the December call on "An adoption phase for RDA WGs": https://rd-alliance.org/sites/default/files/An%20Adoption%20phase%20for%...
This will be included in the agenda for the call next week (for further discussion), but please send your comments off-line, especially if you were not present in the last call or won't be able to join the next one! Andrew will not be available, but the co-Chairs would like to invite Francoise Genova (TAB co-Chair) to represent TAB. Apologies in advance for the late hour in France (11pm CET). The agenda will be available and announced later this week.
Fotis Karayannis, Dr. Eng.
RDA Secretariat-OAB Liaison
ATHENA Research Center
Mobile: +30 6945 878784
mailto: ***@***.***
Skype: fotis71
Twitter: fkarayan

• Fabrizio Gagliardi's picture

Author: Fabrizio Gagliardi

Date: 31 Jan, 2016

Hi Fotis, people contacted me to endorse my nomination but they would like to understand how to officially second my candidature. A simple mail to enquires would suffice?
    Thanks,
    Fab
    From: fotis.karayannis=***@***.***-groups.org [mailto:***@***.***-groups.org] On Behalf Of fkara
    Sent: 31 January 2016 18:32
    To: 'Fabrizio Gagliardi'; 'fkara2'; 'RDA Organisational Advisory Board (OAB)'
    Cc: ***@***.***-alliance.org; 'Francoise Genova'
    Subject: [rda-oab] RE: [Enquiries] [rda-oab] Important: OAB Call for Nominations
    Thanks Fabrizio,
    Best,
    Fotis
    Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2016 12:30 PM
    Cc: ***@***.***-alliance.org; 'Francoise Genova' <***@***.***>
    Subject: Re: [Enquiries] [rda-oab] Important: OAB Call for Nominations
    Attached my short bio.
    Please let me know what else is needed.
    Thanks,
    Fab
    Sent: 05 January 2016 03:26
    To: RDA Organisational Advisory Board (OAB)
    Cc: ***@***.***-alliance.org; Francoise Genova
    Subject: [rda-oab] Important: OAB Call for Nominations
    Dear all,
    First of all, happy new year!
    On behalf of OAB co-Chairs I am sending the following message:
    Nominations must be received by February 1st, 2016 at ***@***.***-alliance.org.
    Best, Fotis
    Fotis Karayannis, Dr. Eng.
    RDA Secretariat-OAB Liaison
    ATHENA Research Center
    Mobile: +30 6945 878784
    mailto: ***@***.***
    Skype: fotis71
    Twitter: fkarayan

• Fotis Karagiannis's picture

Author: Fotis Karagiannis

Date: 31 Jan, 2016

Hi Fab,
    Yes a simple e-mail will do!
    Thanks,
    Fotis
    From: FabrizioGagliardi=***@***.***-groups.org [mailto:***@***.***-groups.org] On Behalf Of Fabrizio.Gagliardi
    Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2016 11:15 PM
    To: 'fkara' <***@***.***>; Fotis Karagiannis <***@***.***-innovation.gr>; 'RDA Organisational Advisory Board (OAB)' <***@***.***-groups.org>
    Cc: ***@***.***-alliance.org; 'Francoise Genova' <***@***.***>
    Subject: Re: [rda-oab] RE: [Enquiries] [rda-oab] Important: OAB Call for Nominations
    Thanks,
    Fab
    Sent: 31 January 2016 18:32
    To: 'Fabrizio Gagliardi'; 'fkara2'; 'RDA Organisational Advisory Board (OAB)'
    Cc: ***@***.***-alliance.org; 'Francoise Genova'
    Thanks Fabrizio,
    Best,
    Fotis
    Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2016 12:30 PM
    Cc: ***@***.***-alliance.org; 'Francoise Genova' <***@***.***>
    Subject: Re: [Enquiries] [rda-oab] Important: OAB Call for Nominations
    Attached my short bio.
    Please let me know what else is needed.
    Thanks,
    Fab
    Sent: 05 January 2016 03:26
    To: RDA Organisational Advisory Board (OAB)
    Cc: ***@***.***-alliance.org; Francoise Genova
    Subject: [rda-oab] Important: OAB Call for Nominations
    Dear all,
    First of all, happy new year!
    On behalf of OAB co-Chairs I am sending the following message:
    Nominations must be received by February 1st, 2016 at ***@***.***-alliance.org.
    Best, Fotis
    Fotis Karayannis, Dr. Eng.
    RDA Secretariat-OAB Liaison