Probably of interest to this group
- Show quoted text -From: Osma Suominen [mailto:***@***.***]
Sent: Saturday, 19 December 2015 1:46 AM
Subject: ANN: Skosmos 1.4 released
We are pleased to announce Skosmos 1.4, a tool for publishing SKOS vocabularies for both human and machine consumption. It has been a while since Skosmos releases have been announced here on public-esw-thes (the previous one was 1.0), so I decided to forward the release announcement.
Skosmos is an open source web-based SKOS browser being developed at the National Library of Finland. It can be used by e.g. libraries and archives as a publishing platform for controlled vocabularies such as thesauri, lightweight ontologies, classifications and authority files. The user interface is multilingual. In Skosmos 1.4 it is available in ten languages thanks to contributions from the user community.
The Finnish national thesaurus and ontology service Finto.fi is built using Skosmos. Finto is used by indexers at the National Library and other libraries, as well as other organizations including the Finnish Broadcasting Company YLE and many museums. It is also used to support vocabulary development processes. Elsewhere, Skosmos is used among others at FAO (UN), Rhineland-Palatinate spatial data initiative, ZBW, hbz, Oslo University Library, University of Tor Vergata and University of Vienna.
A website presenting Skosmos is at skosmos.org. There is also a skosmos-users forum on Google Groups which interested people are invited to join.
Best regards and happy holidays,
-------- Forwarded Message --------
ANN: Skosmos 1.4 released
Fri, 18 Dec 2015 04:24:49 -0800 (PST)
Osma Suominen <***@***.***>
Skosmos Users <***@***.***>
Skosmos 1.4 has been released!
This release brings support for new jena-text features in Jena 3 (Fuseki 1.3.x/2.3.x). Thanks to these, text search functions and the alphabetical index are now 10-80% faster depending on the situation, and the search result pages now avoid listing the same concept twice even if it was matched via several labels. There is experimental support for using alternative text analyzers which can be used to enable search that targets individual words and/or ignores accents and other diacritics. A new tab showing most recently added concepts is also provided. A Chinese translation was contributed by the community and all other translations have also been updated.
* New Chinese translation by FAO
* Updated French translation by Thomas Francart
* Updated German translation by Joachim Neubert
* Updated Italian translation by Armando Stellato
* Updated Norwegian Bokmål and Nynorsk translations by Dan Michael O. Heggø
* Updated Spanish translation by Karna Wegner
* #140, #358 New tab listing recently added concepts, based on dct:created timestamps on concepts.
* #53 Search result pages no longer show the same concept multiple times when it is matched via different labels. The REST API search methods now have a unique parameter that controls this behavior (default is off).
* #332 Option to use a dropdown list instead of links for language selection. This is controlled by the UI_LANGUAGE_DROPDOWN setting in config.inc.
* #335 Show also the number of concept groups in the counts on the vocabulary front page.
* #344 Show concept group notation codes in the "belongs to group" section on concept pages.
* #346 Vocabulary selection dropdown is now sorted alphabetically.
* added Skosmos favicon [Skosmos favicon] (can be overridden)
* #273, #383 Uses new Jena 3.0.0+ features in the jena-text index. This means faster searches and also a faster alphabetical index (can be 80% faster when there are many languages).
* #313 Experimental support for jena-text alternative text analyzers
* #372 Optimized handling of concept property information. Speeds up especially global search.
* #339 Script to easily synchronize translation updates from Transifex to Skosmos code.
* #347 Opening groups failed when labels are not available in the right language
* #348 ConceptGroup page shows empty Hierarchy tab
* #349 Global search fails to show more than 20 results
* #350 Search incorrectly targets the default SPARQL endpoint when there are multiple results from the same vocabulary
* #354 ThesaurusArrays not shown
* #355 Language selection links don't respect BASE_HREF setting
* #356, #390 Autocomplete shows URI instead of label for some concept types, groups and arrays
* #377 Missing groups in group view
* #378 Feedback form not sent
* #380 Feedback message shows referer instead of IP address
* #381 Selecting a concept from autocomplete loses the content language
* #385 Duplicated groups in group hierarchy when data contains both skos:member and isothes:subGroup
* #394 dct:subject metadata from vocabulraries.ttl file mixed with own thesaurus metadata
Code quality improvements:
* #360 vocabularies.ttl parsing refactored into its own class VocabularyConfig
* #374 config.inc parsing refactored into its own class GlobalConfig
* #373 Switched to the new Trusty environment in Travis CI
* Upgraded unit tests to PHPUnit 5 (but version 4.8 can still be used for PHP versions older than 5.6)
* Started using Codacy static analysis tool (overall score: B)
* SensioLabs Insight score 82 of 100 (silver medal)
* Scrutinizer score 5.55 ("satisfactory")
* Code Climate score 1.12 of 4
* Unit test coverage is at 76% (slightly down from 1.3 when it was 80%)
* Remaining PHP code reformatted to comply with PSR-1 and PSR-2 style
* many other potential bugs and problems fixed based on analysis reports by the above tools
For a more complete list of bug fixes and new features in this version, see issues tagged with the 1.4 milestone.
See the upgrade instructions in the wiki for information about upgrading from earlier versions. Note that this release requires using Fuseki 1.3.0+ or 2.3.0+, which in turn require a Java 8 environment.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Skosmos Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ***@***.***.
To post to this group, send email to ***@***.***.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/skosmos-users/6e51fd15-9c5a-48a0-8fc5-....
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
FW: Skosmos 1.4 released
You are here
Probably of interest to this group