Next RDA OA Video Conference Monday 12:00 UK time (BST)

11 Apr 2014
Groups audience: 

I have put some notes from last meeting and agenda for the next meeting on the wiki. (https://rd-alliance.org/groups/rda-organisational-advisory-board-oab.html)
The meeting will take place at: http://fm.ea-tel.eu/fm/dfb1a6-36943
Mark has put up some new versions of documents:
- A slightly edited version of the Process document (now approved by Council) is in its official place. Same link as before: https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/132?fid=453
- A slightly "softened" member agreement https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/157?fid=403
- A possible "subscription agreement" in the OAB directory: https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/157?fid=495 (We can discuss whether we need this)
- A possible subscription application in the OAB folder at https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/157?fid=496 (We can discuss whether we need this)
Laure and Amy have also been working on an OAB "Scoping Document" which captures some of the things we discussed in Dublin which hopefully we will be able to discuss on Monday also.
Juan.
-----Original Message-----
From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
Sent: 09 April 2014 16:45
To: ***@***.***-groups.org
Cc: Herman Stehouwer
Subject: RE: Next RDA OA Video Conference
Of course I meant the 14th April not the 14th March!
Best regards,
Juan.
-----Original Message-----
From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
Sent: 07 April 2014 17:53
To: ***@***.***-groups.org
Cc: Herman Stehouwer
Subject: Next RDA OA Video Conference
Thank you for filling in the poll. The best option has emerged as:
Mon 14 March 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM (UK time)
so we will hold the next Video Conference then. Apologies to those who cannot make it, I'd be happy to catch up with you separately if you like.
An agenda will follow later this week. In the meantime please us the forum and/or mailing list for any discussion.
Best regards,
Juan.
(Herman - could you arrange a Flash Meeting session please. Thanks.)
- Show quoted text -From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
Sent: 31 March 2014 14:57
To: ***@***.***-groups.org
Subject: OA follow-up
Dear OA,
Thank you for your time at the OA meeting at the plenary. I hope you found the meeting useful and that you enjoyed the rest of the plenary and got home safely.
I think there were some good suggestions for activities the OA can undertake and I’ll be writing these up from Hilary’s notes in due course, but first there a couple of things I wanted to communicate as quickly as possible:-
1. A second co-chair.
After the meeting, Walter Stewart volunteered to take on the role of the co-chair vacated by Leif at least until the next plenary when we can have a more formal selection process among the then signed up members of the OA. Walter has played a key role in getting us this far being involved in both the original OAB Task Force and then in the Interim OAB leading up to Plenary 3. I am very happy that Walter has offered to do take on this role so as there were no other volunteers I think we should thank Walter for his generous offer and continue with Walter and I as co-chairs until the next plenary.
I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Leif for his work as co-chair up until now which has been fantastic.
2. Timing of Video Conferences.
On looking at the regions currently represented in the OA , there seem to be two times of the day that are just about feasible for everyone although one slot is more convenient for the Western Hemisphere and the other for the Eastern. I have set up a doodle poll for the next video conference for those who intend to join either as OMs or Affiliate Organisations. Please fill in the poll at http://doodle.com/d86y24enb3kwe2d9 and we'll see whether it is feasible to have a single meeting or whether we need to have two side-by-side. Please fill the poll in the next 48 hours or so, so that we can pick the best date on Thursday. (Be sure to set your local right time-zone on the poll so that doodle does the calculation of for you. It's very complicated at about this time as various countries are changing to day-light saving at about this time.)
I look forward to "seeing" you on VC soon,
Best regards,
Juan.
--
Scanned by iCritical.

File Attachment: 
AttachmentSize
File RDA-OAB_Scoping-Statement_v002.docx89.17 KB
  • Jamie Shiers's picture

    Author: Jamie Shiers

    Date: 12 Apr, 2014

    Dear Juan,
    The organisational member agreement looks significantly softer to me.
    I am not competent to comment on whether it would be acceptable to CERN or the EIROforum - it will have to pass by the respective legal services.
    However, I do not see anything that is obviously "blocking".
    Due to another commitment (a workshop with the EU-JRC on best practises for data sharing), I will not be able to make Monday's call.
    I suggest that all concerned take the action to check with their legal services prior to the next meeting and that the discussion on whether the subscription agreement documents are needed be put on hold until then.
    Cheers, Jamie

  • Juan Bicarregui's picture

    Author: Juan Bicarregui

    Date: 12 Apr, 2014

    ... and here is Amy and Laure's scoping document.
    Juan.
    - Show quoted text -From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
    Sent: 11 April 2014 22:45
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Subject: Next RDA OA Video Conference Monday 12:00 UK time (BST)
    I have put some notes from last meeting and agenda for the next meeting on the wiki. (https://rd-alliance.org/groups/rda-organisational-advisory-board-oab.html)
    The meeting will take place at: http://fm.ea-tel.eu/fm/dfb1a6-36943
    Mark has put up some new versions of documents:
    - A slightly edited version of the Process document (now approved by Council) is in its official place. Same link as before: https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/132?fid=453
    - A slightly "softened" member agreement https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/157?fid=403
    - A possible "subscription agreement" in the OAB directory: https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/157?fid=495 (We can discuss whether we need this)
    - A possible subscription application in the OAB folder at https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/157?fid=496 (We can discuss whether we need this)
    Laure and Amy have also been working on an OAB "Scoping Document" which captures some of the things we discussed in Dublin which hopefully we will be able to discuss on Monday also.
    Juan.
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
    Sent: 09 April 2014 16:45
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Cc: Herman Stehouwer
    Subject: RE: Next RDA OA Video Conference
    Of course I meant the 14th April not the 14th March!
    Best regards,
    Juan.
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
    Sent: 07 April 2014 17:53
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Cc: Herman Stehouwer
    Subject: Next RDA OA Video Conference
    Thank you for filling in the poll. The best option has emerged as:
    Mon 14 March 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM (UK time)
    so we will hold the next Video Conference then. Apologies to those who cannot make it, I'd be happy to catch up with you separately if you like.
    An agenda will follow later this week. In the meantime please us the forum and/or mailing list for any discussion.
    Best regards,
    Juan.
    (Herman - could you arrange a Flash Meeting session please. Thanks.)
    ________________________________________
    From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
    Sent: 31 March 2014 14:57
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Subject: OA follow-up
    Dear OA,
    Thank you for your time at the OA meeting at the plenary. I hope you found the meeting useful and that you enjoyed the rest of the plenary and got home safely.
    I think there were some good suggestions for activities the OA can undertake and I’ll be writing these up from Hilary’s notes in due course, but first there a couple of things I wanted to communicate as quickly as possible:-
    1. A second co-chair.
    After the meeting, Walter Stewart volunteered to take on the role of the co-chair vacated by Leif at least until the next plenary when we can have a more formal selection process among the then signed up members of the OA. Walter has played a key role in getting us this far being involved in both the original OAB Task Force and then in the Interim OAB leading up to Plenary 3. I am very happy that Walter has offered to do take on this role so as there were no other volunteers I think we should thank Walter for his generous offer and continue with Walter and I as co-chairs until the next plenary.
    I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Leif for his work as co-chair up until now which has been fantastic.
    2. Timing of Video Conferences.
    On looking at the regions currently represented in the OA , there seem to be two times of the day that are just about feasible for everyone although one slot is more convenient for the Western Hemisphere and the other for the Eastern. I have set up a doodle poll for the next video conference for those who intend to join either as OMs or Affiliate Organisations. Please fill in the poll at http://doodle.com/d86y24enb3kwe2d9 and we'll see whether it is feasible to have a single meeting or whether we need to have two side-by-side. Please fill the poll in the next 48 hours or so, so that we can pick the best date on Thursday. (Be sure to set your local right time-zone on the poll so that doodle does the calculation of for you. It's very complicated at about this time as various countries are changing to day-light saving at about this time.)
    I look forward to "seeing" you on VC soon,
    Best regards,
    Juan.
    --
    Scanned by iCritical.
    ... and here is Amy and Laure's scoping document.
    Juan.
    ________________________________________
    From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
    Sent: 11 April 2014 22:45
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Subject: Next RDA OA Video Conference Monday 12:00 UK time (BST)
    I have put some notes from last meeting and agenda for the next meeting on the wiki. (https://rd-alliance.org/groups/rda-organisational-advisory-board-oab.html)
    The meeting will take place at: http://fm.ea-tel.eu/fm/dfb1a6-36943
    Mark has put up some new versions of documents:
    - A slightly edited version of the Process document (now approved by Council) is in its official place. Same link as before: https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/132?fid=453
    - A slightly "softened" member agreement https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/157?fid=403
    - A possible "subscription agreement" in the OAB directory: https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/157?fid=495 (We can discuss whether we need this)
    - A possible subscription application in the OAB folder at https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/157?fid=496 (We can discuss whether we need this)
    Laure and Amy have also been working on an OAB "Scoping Document" which captures some of the things we discussed in Dublin which hopefully we will be able to discuss on Monday also.
    Juan.
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
    Sent: 09 April 2014 16:45
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Cc: Herman Stehouwer
    Subject: RE: Next RDA OA Video Conference
    Of course I meant the 14th April not the 14th March!
    Best regards,
    Juan.
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
    Sent: 07 April 2014 17:53
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Cc: Herman Stehouwer
    Subject: Next RDA OA Video Conference
    Thank you for filling in the poll. The best option has emerged as:
    Mon 14 March 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM (UK time)
    so we will hold the next Video Conference then. Apologies to those who cannot make it, I'd be happy to catch up with you separately if you like.
    An agenda will follow later this week. In the meantime please us the forum and/or mailing list for any discussion.
    Best regards,
    Juan.
    (Herman - could you arrange a Flash Meeting session please. Thanks.)
    - Show quoted text -From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
    Sent: 31 March 2014 14:57
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Subject: OA follow-up
    Dear OA,
    Thank you for your time at the OA meeting at the plenary. I hope you found the meeting useful and that you enjoyed the rest of the plenary and got home safely.
    I think there were some good suggestions for activities the OA can undertake and I’ll be writing these up from Hilary’s notes in due course, but first there a couple of things I wanted to communicate as quickly as possible:-
    1. A second co-chair.
    After the meeting, Walter Stewart volunteered to take on the role of the co-chair vacated by Leif at least until the next plenary when we can have a more formal selection process among the then signed up members of the OA. Walter has played a key role in getting us this far being involved in both the original OAB Task Force and then in the Interim OAB leading up to Plenary 3. I am very happy that Walter has offered to do take on this role so as there were no other volunteers I think we should thank Walter for his generous offer and continue with Walter and I as co-chairs until the next plenary.
    I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Leif for his work as co-chair up until now which has been fantastic.
    2. Timing of Video Conferences.
    On looking at the regions currently represented in the OA , there seem to be two times of the day that are just about feasible for everyone although one slot is more convenient for the Western Hemisphere and the other for the Eastern. I have set up a doodle poll for the next video conference for those who intend to join either as OMs or Affiliate Organisations. Please fill in the poll at http://doodle.com/d86y24enb3kwe2d9 and we'll see whether it is feasible to have a single meeting or whether we need to have two side-by-side. Please fill the poll in the next 48 hours or so, so that we can pick the best date on Thursday. (Be sure to set your local right time-zone on the poll so that doodle does the calculation of for you. It's very complicated at about this time as various countries are changing to day-light saving at about this time.)
    I look forward to "seeing" you on VC soon,
    Best regards,
    Juan.
    --
    Scanned by iCritical.

  • Fabrizio Gagliardi's picture

    Author: Fabrizio Gagliardi

    Date: 12 Apr, 2014

    Not to be too pedantic but could you please correct the date? Thanks,
    Fab
    From: Jamie.Shiers=***@***.***-groups.org
    [mailto:***@***.***-groups.org] On Behalf Of Jamie Shiers
    Sent: 12 April 2014 08:19
    To: <***@***.***-groups.org>
    Subject: Re: [rda-oab] Next RDA OA Video Conference Monday 12:00 UK time
    (BST)
    --
    Full post:
    https://www.rd-alliance.org/next-rda-oa-video-conference-monday-1200-uk-...
    -bst.html
    Manage my subscriptions: https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglist
    Stop emails for this post:
    https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglist/unsubscribe/1656
    WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the
    individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
    information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt
    from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
    recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
    intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
    distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have
    received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
    destroy and delete any copies you may have received.
    http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer

  • Mustapha Mokrane's picture

    Author: Mustapha Mokrane

    Date: 14 Apr, 2014

    Dear OAB colleagues,
    Apologies for missing the imminent call. I am commuting back home to take
    another call at 21:00 JST.
    Best wishes.
    Mustapha
    Mustapha Mokrane
    Executive Director, World Data System-International Programme Office
    Mobile: +81 90 5790 4732

  • Stefan Kramer's picture

    Author: Stefan Kramer

    Date: 14 Apr, 2014

    I apologize for having had to miss the call due to illness.Stefan Kramer***@***.***202-885-3844Research Data LibrarianAmerican University4400 Massachusetts Ave. NWWashington, DC 20016 

    <***@***.***>
    > -----Original Message-----> From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)> Sent: 09 April 2014 16:45> To: ***@***.***-groups.org> Cc: Herman Stehouwer> Subject: RE: Next RDA OA Video Conference> > Of course I meant the 14th  April not the 14th  March!> > Best regards,> > Juan.> > > -----Original Message-----> From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)> Sent: 07 April 2014 17:53> To: ***@***.***-groups.org> Cc: Herman Stehouwer> Subject: Next RDA OA Video Conference> > Thank you for filling in the poll. The best option has emerged as:> >        Mon 14 March 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM  (UK time)> > so we will hold the next Video Conference then. Apologies to those who cannot make it, I'd be happy to catch up with you separately if you like.> > > An agenda will follow later this week. In the meantime please us the forum and/or mailing list for  any discussion.> > Best regards,> > Juan.> > > (Herman  - could you arrange a Flash Meeting session please. Thanks.)> > > ________________________________________> From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)> Sent: 31 March 2014 14:57> To: ***@***.***-groups.org> Subject: OA follow-up> > Dear OA,> > Thank you for your time at the OA meeting at the plenary. I hope you found the meeting useful and that you enjoyed the rest of the plenary and got home safely.> > I think there were some good suggestions for activities the OA can undertake and I’ll be writing these up from Hilary’s notes in due course, but first there a couple of things I wanted to communicate as quickly as possible:-> > 1. A second co-chair.> > After the meeting, Walter Stewart volunteered to take on the role of the co-chair vacated by Leif at least until the next plenary when we can have a more formal selection process among the then signed up members of the OA. Walter has played a key role in getting us this far being involved in both the original OAB Task Force and then in the Interim OAB leading up to Plenary 3.  I am very happy that Walter has offered to do take on this role so as there were no other volunteers I think we should thank Walter for his generous offer and continue with Walter and I as co-chairs until the next plenary.> I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Leif for his work as co-chair up until now which has been fantastic.> > 2. Timing of Video Conferences.> > On looking at the regions currently represented in the OA ,  there seem to be two times of the day that are just about feasible for everyone although one slot is more convenient for the Western Hemisphere and the other for the Eastern.  I have set up a doodle poll for the next video conference for those who intend to join either as OMs or Affiliate Organisations. Please fill in the poll at http://doodle.com/d86y24enb3kwe2d9 and we'll see whether it is feasible to have a single meeting or whether we need to have two side-by-side. Please fill the poll in the next 48 hours or so, so that we can pick the best date on Thursday. (Be sure to set your local right time-zone on the poll  so that doodle does the calculation of for you. It's very complicated at about this time as various countries are changing to day-light saving at about this time.)> > > I look forward to "seeing" you on VC soon,> > Best regards,> > Juan.> > > > > > > > > -- > Scanned by iCritical.> --> Full post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/next-rda-oa-video-conference-monday-1200-uk-time-bst.html> Manage my subscriptions: https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglist> Stop emails for this post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglist/unsubscribe/1656
    --Full post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/next-rda-oa-video-conference-monday-1200-uk-...Manage my subscriptions: https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglistStop emails for this post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglist/unsubscribe/1656
    <***@***.***>

  • Walter Stewart's picture

    Author: Walter Stewart

    Date: 14 Apr, 2014

    As agreed at our meeting today, the OAB will meet once a month. We will
    alternate our meetings between two time patterns:
    Pattern 1
    Pattern 2
    Tokyo 07:00
    Tokyo 20:00
    Melbourne 08:00
    Melbourne 21:00
    Toronto 18:00
    Toronto 07:00
    London 23:00
    London 12:00
    Since we used pattern 2 today, our May call will be pattern 1, June pattern
    2, July pattern 1.
    Please complete the following Doodle Poll so that we can get the dates
    established:
    http://doodle.com/t6m2r8he6tuy62fq
    There are two dates offered for May meetings and three dates for each of
    June and July. Please signal all that you can make.
    Walter
    WS Walter Stewart & Associates Inc.

    www.walterstewartassociates.com
    telephone-416-406-4334 facsimile-416-461-9877

    ***@***.***

  • Michael Witt's picture

    Author: Michael Witt

    Date: 14 Apr, 2014

    This is a great start. I suggest that we include a brief statement of purpose. Something to the effect of "The purpose of the OAB is to represent the interests of organizational members and ensure that their input and needs guide the programs and activities of the RDA."
    It's good that the OAB chair sits ex-officio on the Council. I suggest OAB should have a designated liaison to TAB too, to represent member interests there. I also suggest that OAB input or report be a standing agenda item for both Council and TAB in their meetings.
    One of the main values in organizational membership is to "have a seat at the table" and these measures reinforce that value as we begin to promote membership and organizations decide to join or not.
    Thanks,
    -
    Michael Witt, Purdue University
    Associate Professor of Library Science
    Head, Distributed Data Curation Center (D2C2)
    http://www.lib.purdue.edu/research/witt/
    - Show quoted text -From: juan.bicarregui=***@***.***-groups.org [mailto:***@***.***-groups.org] On Behalf Of JuanBicarregui
    Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2014 4:31 AM
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Subject: Re: [rda-oab] Next RDA OA Video Conference Monday 12:00 UK time (BST)
    ... and here is Amy and Laure's scoping document.
    Juan.
    ________________________________________
    From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
    Sent: 11 April 2014 22:45
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Subject: Next RDA OA Video Conference Monday 12:00 UK time (BST)
    I have put some notes from last meeting and agenda for the next meeting on the wiki. (https://rd-alliance.org/groups/rda-organisational-advisory-board-oab.html)
    The meeting will take place at: http://fm.ea-tel.eu/fm/dfb1a6-36943
    Mark has put up some new versions of documents:
    - A slightly edited version of the Process document (now approved by Council) is in its official place. Same link as before: https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/132?fid=453
    - A slightly "softened" member agreement https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/157?fid=403
    - A possible "subscription agreement" in the OAB directory: https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/157?fid=495 (We can discuss whether we need this)
    - A possible subscription application in the OAB folder at https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/157?fid=496 (We can discuss whether we need this)
    Laure and Amy have also been working on an OAB "Scoping Document" which captures some of the things we discussed in Dublin which hopefully we will be able to discuss on Monday also.
    Juan.
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
    Sent: 09 April 2014 16:45
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Cc: Herman Stehouwer
    Subject: RE: Next RDA OA Video Conference
    Of course I meant the 14th April not the 14th March!
    Best regards,
    Juan.
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
    Sent: 07 April 2014 17:53
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Cc: Herman Stehouwer
    Subject: Next RDA OA Video Conference
    Thank you for filling in the poll. The best option has emerged as:
    Mon 14 March 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM (UK time)
    so we will hold the next Video Conference then. Apologies to those who cannot make it, I'd be happy to catch up with you separately if you like.
    An agenda will follow later this week. In the meantime please us the forum and/or mailing list for any discussion.
    Best regards,
    Juan.
    (Herman - could you arrange a Flash Meeting session please. Thanks.)
    ________________________________________
    From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
    Sent: 31 March 2014 14:57
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Subject: OA follow-up
    Dear OA,
    Thank you for your time at the OA meeting at the plenary. I hope you found the meeting useful and that you enjoyed the rest of the plenary and got home safely.
    I think there were some good suggestions for activities the OA can undertake and I'll be writing these up from Hilary's notes in due course, but first there a couple of things I wanted to communicate as quickly as possible:-
    1. A second co-chair.
    After the meeting, Walter Stewart volunteered to take on the role of the co-chair vacated by Leif at least until the next plenary when we can have a more formal selection process among the then signed up members of the OA. Walter has played a key role in getting us this far being involved in both the original OAB Task Force and then in the Interim OAB leading up to Plenary 3. I am very happy that Walter has offered to do take on this role so as there were no other volunteers I think we should thank Walter for his generous offer and continue with Walter and I as co-chairs until the next plenary.
    I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Leif for his work as co-chair up until now which has been fantastic.
    2. Timing of Video Conferences.
    On looking at the regions currently represented in the OA , there seem to be two times of the day that are just about feasible for everyone although one slot is more convenient for the Western Hemisphere and the other for the Eastern. I have set up a doodle poll for the next video conference for those who intend to join either as OMs or Affiliate Organisations. Please fill in the poll at http://doodle.com/d86y24enb3kwe2d9 and we'll see whether it is feasible to have a single meeting or whether we need to have two side-by-side. Please fill the poll in the next 48 hours or so, so that we can pick the best date on Thursday. (Be sure to set your local right time-zone on the poll so that doodle does the calculation of for you. It's very complicated at about this time as various countries are changing to day-light saving at about this time.)
    I look forward to "seeing" you on VC soon,
    Best regards,
    Juan.
    --
    Scanned by iCritical.
    This is a great start. I suggest that we include a brief statement of purpose. Something to the effect of "The purpose of the OAB is to represent the interests of organizational members and ensure that their input and needs guide the programs and activities of the RDA."
    It's good that the OAB chair sits ex-officio on the Council. I suggest OAB should have a designated liaison to TAB too, to represent member interests there. I also suggest that OAB input or report be a standing agenda item for both Council and TAB in their meetings.
    One of the main values in organizational membership is to "have a seat at the table" and these measures reinforce that value as we begin to promote membership and organizations decide to join or not.
    Thanks,
    -
    Michael Witt, Purdue University
    Associate Professor of Library Science
    Head, Distributed Data Curation Center (D2C2)
    http://www.lib.purdue.edu/research/witt/
    -----Original Message-----
    From: juan.bicarregui=***@***.***-groups.org [mailto:***@***.***-groups.org] On Behalf Of JuanBicarregui
    Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2014 4:31 AM
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Subject: Re: [rda-oab] Next RDA OA Video Conference Monday 12:00 UK time (BST)
    ... and here is Amy and Laure's scoping document.
    Juan.
    - Show quoted text -From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
    Sent: 11 April 2014 22:45
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Subject: Next RDA OA Video Conference Monday 12:00 UK time (BST)
    I have put some notes from last meeting and agenda for the next meeting on the wiki. (https://rd-alliance.org/groups/rda-organisational-advisory-board-oab.html)
    The meeting will take place at: http://fm.ea-tel.eu/fm/dfb1a6-36943
    Mark has put up some new versions of documents:
    - A slightly edited version of the Process document (now approved by Council) is in its official place. Same link as before: https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/132?fid=453
    - A slightly "softened" member agreement https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/157?fid=403
    - A possible "subscription agreement" in the OAB directory: https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/157?fid=495 (We can discuss whether we need this)
    - A possible subscription application in the OAB folder at https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/157?fid=496 (We can discuss whether we need this)
    Laure and Amy have also been working on an OAB "Scoping Document" which captures some of the things we discussed in Dublin which hopefully we will be able to discuss on Monday also.
    Juan.
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
    Sent: 09 April 2014 16:45
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Cc: Herman Stehouwer
    Subject: RE: Next RDA OA Video Conference
    Of course I meant the 14th April not the 14th March!
    Best regards,
    Juan.
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
    Sent: 07 April 2014 17:53
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Cc: Herman Stehouwer
    Subject: Next RDA OA Video Conference
    Thank you for filling in the poll. The best option has emerged as:
    Mon 14 March 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM (UK time)
    so we will hold the next Video Conference then. Apologies to those who cannot make it, I'd be happy to catch up with you separately if you like.
    An agenda will follow later this week. In the meantime please us the forum and/or mailing list for any discussion.
    Best regards,
    Juan.
    (Herman - could you arrange a Flash Meeting session please. Thanks.)
    ________________________________________
    From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
    Sent: 31 March 2014 14:57
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Subject: OA follow-up
    Dear OA,
    Thank you for your time at the OA meeting at the plenary. I hope you found the meeting useful and that you enjoyed the rest of the plenary and got home safely.
    I think there were some good suggestions for activities the OA can undertake and I'll be writing these up from Hilary's notes in due course, but first there a couple of things I wanted to communicate as quickly as possible:-
    1. A second co-chair.
    After the meeting, Walter Stewart volunteered to take on the role of the co-chair vacated by Leif at least until the next plenary when we can have a more formal selection process among the then signed up members of the OA. Walter has played a key role in getting us this far being involved in both the original OAB Task Force and then in the Interim OAB leading up to Plenary 3. I am very happy that Walter has offered to do take on this role so as there were no other volunteers I think we should thank Walter for his generous offer and continue with Walter and I as co-chairs until the next plenary.
    I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Leif for his work as co-chair up until now which has been fantastic.
    2. Timing of Video Conferences.
    On looking at the regions currently represented in the OA , there seem to be two times of the day that are just about feasible for everyone although one slot is more convenient for the Western Hemisphere and the other for the Eastern. I have set up a doodle poll for the next video conference for those who intend to join either as OMs or Affiliate Organisations. Please fill in the poll at http://doodle.com/d86y24enb3kwe2d9 and we'll see whether it is feasible to have a single meeting or whether we need to have two side-by-side. Please fill the poll in the next 48 hours or so, so that we can pick the best date on Thursday. (Be sure to set your local right time-zone on the poll so that doodle does the calculation of for you. It's very complicated at about this time as various countries are changing to day-light saving at about this time.)
    I look forward to "seeing" you on VC soon,
    Best regards,
    Juan.
    --
    Scanned by iCritical.
    This is a great start. I suggest that we include a brief statement of purpose. Something to the effect of "The purpose of the OAB is to represent the interests of organizational members and ensure that their input and needs guide the programs and activities of the RDA."
    It's good that the OAB chair sits ex-officio on the Council. I suggest OAB should have a designated liaison to TAB too, to represent member interests there. I also suggest that OAB input or report be a standing agenda item for both Council and TAB in their meetings.
    One of the main values in organizational membership is to "have a seat at the table" and these measures reinforce that value as we begin to promote membership and organizations decide to join or not.
    Thanks,
    -
    Michael Witt, Purdue University
    Associate Professor of Library Science
    Head, Distributed Data Curation Center (D2C2)
    http://www.lib.purdue.edu/research/witt/
    -----Original Message-----
    From: juan.bicarregui=***@***.***-groups.org [mailto:***@***.***-groups.org] On Behalf Of JuanBicarregui
    Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2014 4:31 AM
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Subject: Re: [rda-oab] Next RDA OA Video Conference Monday 12:00 UK time (BST)
    ... and here is Amy and Laure's scoping document.
    Juan.
    ________________________________________
    From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
    Sent: 11 April 2014 22:45
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Subject: Next RDA OA Video Conference Monday 12:00 UK time (BST)
    I have put some notes from last meeting and agenda for the next meeting on the wiki. (https://rd-alliance.org/groups/rda-organisational-advisory-board-oab.html)
    The meeting will take place at: http://fm.ea-tel.eu/fm/dfb1a6-36943
    Mark has put up some new versions of documents:
    - A slightly edited version of the Process document (now approved by Council) is in its official place. Same link as before: https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/132?fid=453
    - A slightly "softened" member agreement https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/157?fid=403
    - A possible "subscription agreement" in the OAB directory: https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/157?fid=495 (We can discuss whether we need this)
    - A possible subscription application in the OAB folder at https://www.rd-alliance.org/filedepot/folder/157?fid=496 (We can discuss whether we need this)
    Laure and Amy have also been working on an OAB "Scoping Document" which captures some of the things we discussed in Dublin which hopefully we will be able to discuss on Monday also.
    Juan.
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
    Sent: 09 April 2014 16:45
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Cc: Herman Stehouwer
    Subject: RE: Next RDA OA Video Conference
    Of course I meant the 14th April not the 14th March!
    Best regards,
    Juan.
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
    Sent: 07 April 2014 17:53
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Cc: Herman Stehouwer
    Subject: Next RDA OA Video Conference
    Thank you for filling in the poll. The best option has emerged as:
    Mon 14 March 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM (UK time)
    so we will hold the next Video Conference then. Apologies to those who cannot make it, I'd be happy to catch up with you separately if you like.
    An agenda will follow later this week. In the meantime please us the forum and/or mailing list for any discussion.
    Best regards,
    Juan.
    (Herman - could you arrange a Flash Meeting session please. Thanks.)
    - Show quoted text -From: Bicarregui, Juan (STFC,RAL,SC)
    Sent: 31 March 2014 14:57
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Subject: OA follow-up
    Dear OA,
    Thank you for your time at the OA meeting at the plenary. I hope you found the meeting useful and that you enjoyed the rest of the plenary and got home safely.
    I think there were some good suggestions for activities the OA can undertake and I'll be writing these up from Hilary's notes in due course, but first there a couple of things I wanted to communicate as quickly as possible:-
    1. A second co-chair.
    After the meeting, Walter Stewart volunteered to take on the role of the co-chair vacated by Leif at least until the next plenary when we can have a more formal selection process among the then signed up members of the OA. Walter has played a key role in getting us this far being involved in both the original OAB Task Force and then in the Interim OAB leading up to Plenary 3. I am very happy that Walter has offered to do take on this role so as there were no other volunteers I think we should thank Walter for his generous offer and continue with Walter and I as co-chairs until the next plenary.
    I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Leif for his work as co-chair up until now which has been fantastic.
    2. Timing of Video Conferences.
    On looking at the regions currently represented in the OA , there seem to be two times of the day that are just about feasible for everyone although one slot is more convenient for the Western Hemisphere and the other for the Eastern. I have set up a doodle poll for the next video conference for those who intend to join either as OMs or Affiliate Organisations. Please fill in the poll at http://doodle.com/d86y24enb3kwe2d9 and we'll see whether it is feasible to have a single meeting or whether we need to have two side-by-side. Please fill the poll in the next 48 hours or so, so that we can pick the best date on Thursday. (Be sure to set your local right time-zone on the poll so that doodle does the calculation of for you. It's very complicated at about this time as various countries are changing to day-light saving at about this time.)
    I look forward to "seeing" you on VC soon,
    Best regards,
    Juan.
    --
    Scanned by iCritical.

  • Fabrizio Gagliardi's picture

    Author: Fabrizio Gagliardi

    Date: 14 Apr, 2014

    Done, thanks Walter.
    Fab
    From: ws=***@***.***-groups.org
    [mailto:***@***.***-groups.org] On Behalf Of walter1
    Sent: 14 April 2014 15:21
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Subject: Re: [rda-oab] Next RDA OA Video Conference Monday 12:00 UK time
    (BST)
    As agreed at our meeting today, the OAB will meet once a month. We will
    alternate our meetings between two time patterns:
    Pattern 1
    Pattern 2
    Tokyo 07:00
    Tokyo 20:00
    Melbourne 08:00
    Melbourne 21:00
    Toronto 18:00
    Toronto 07:00
    London 23:00
    London 12:00
    Since we used pattern 2 today, our May call will be pattern 1, June pattern
    2, July pattern 1.
    Please complete the following Doodle Poll so that we can get the dates
    established:
    http://doodle.com/t6m2r8he6tuy62fq
    There are two dates offered for May meetings and three dates for each of
    June and July. Please signal all that you can make.
    Walter
    WS Walter Stewart & Associates Inc.
    www.walterstewartassociates.com
    telephone-416-406-4334 facsimile-416-461-9877
    ***@***.***
    WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the
    individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
    information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt
    from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
    recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
    intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
    distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have
    received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
    destroy and delete any copies you may have received.
    http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer

  • Mark Parsons's picture

    Author: Mark Parsons

    Date: 14 Apr, 2014

    Sorry I missed the call too, but I agree with everything Michael says.
    Juan, are you planning to attend the Council meeting in Paris in May?
    cheers,

  • Walter Stewart's picture

    Author: Walter Stewart

    Date: 16 Apr, 2014

    If you haven't already completed the poll noted below, please do so asap so
    we can get our meeting times confirmed.
    Walter
    Walter Stewart
    - Show quoted text -From: Walter Stewart [mailto:***@***.***]
    Sent: April 14, 2014 9:19 AM
    To: '***@***.***-groups.org'
    Subject: RE: [rda-oab] Next RDA OA Video Conference Monday 12:00 UK time
    (BST)
    As agreed at our meeting today, the OAB will meet once a month. We will
    alternate our meetings between two time patterns:
    Pattern 1
    Pattern 2
    Tokyo 07:00
    Tokyo 20:00
    Melbourne 08:00
    Melbourne 21:00
    Toronto 18:00
    Toronto 07:00
    London 23:00
    London 12:00
    Since we used pattern 2 today, our May call will be pattern 1, June pattern
    2, July pattern 1.
    Please complete the following Doodle Poll so that we can get the dates
    established:
    http://doodle.com/t6m2r8he6tuy62fq
    There are two dates offered for May meetings and three dates for each of
    June and July. Please signal all that you can make.
    Walter
    WS Walter Stewart & Associates Inc.
    www.walterstewartassociates.com
    telephone-416-406-4334 facsimile-416-461-9877
    ***@***.***

submit a comment