I am pleased to share with all of you the Agricultural Data Interest Group (IGAD) Pre-Meeting Agenda, the meeting will take place the 21st and 22nd September 2015 at INRA premises, Paris (France). The agenda of this meeting is attached.
The next Agricultural Data Interest Group (IGAD) session will take place in Paris during the 6th Plenary (P6) Meeting, and will present a chance to enlarge the group and focus on current issues and challenges of research data management in agriculture. For that, and as suggested by those that shared the discussions we had around the IGAD at RDA 5th, we are organizing a pre-meeting to show case, discuss and foresee possible linkages with other IG and WG in RDA.
In this pre-meeting we will dedicate about 1and ½ days for intensive discussions and interactions. Towards this objective it is proposed to organize five discussion groups around the following topics:
- Group 1.- Assess and find ways to increase participation from universities, government and research organizations in the Agricultural sector worldwide, chaired by Imma Subirats (FAO of the UN, Italy)
- Group 2.- Institutional issues: how to get policies on openness and good data management adopted and implemented?, chaired by Hugo Besemer (Wageningen University, The Netherlands)
- Group 3.- Increase data access and availability (formats, users), chaired by Cyril Pommier (INRA, France)
- Group 4.- Interoperability (policies, tools, taxonomies, standards), chaired by Valeria Pesce (GFAR, Italy)
- Group 5.- Soil Data Working Group, chaired by Pandi Zdruli (Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Bari, Italy) and Devika Madalli (ISI, India)
Plenary 6 (P6)
The conclusions of this pre-meeting will be brought to the 6th RDA Plenary Session IGAD Meeting during the Agricultural Data Interest Group Session by the chairs of each discussion group. The end objective of these deliberations is to be able:
- to identify the most important topics for WG to work on
- to forge collaborations among the members
- leverage and use the RDA platform to function, report and plan outreach of the results.
More news about the IDAG and WDI sessions will be distributed soon!