As I pack up and get ready to leave for the airport, I wanted to send a few final details and updates about our meeting this week. Sincere thanks for your feedback and thoughts thus far!
- The agenda has been updated based on your comments with meal plans, confirmed session information, and the groups that have contacted me about presenting short updates (please assume 5 minutes for each group) - https://rd-alliance.org/sites/default/files/2018_Vienna-RDAWGIGChairsMtg...
- Additional links have been posted to the meeting page - https://rd-alliance.org/groups/9th-wgig-collaboration-meeting-vienna-13-...
- Note that the start time will be 2pm local on Wednesday, please enjoy lunch before heading to the meeting room - a map of which is now linked from the meeting page
- If you have not already done so, please register if you plan to join us! See the link at the top of the meeting page linked above.
- Please see the group survey and complete it if you have not yet done so. The link is on the meeting page, and I copy Rebecca's earlier message below with details.
- Please send me an email if you would like to present a short update on your group, if you have early thoughts on topics for the breakouts, or if you have resources that you would like to be included in the 'RDA Data' list on the meeting page.
With that, I believe we are largely set to start this Wednesday! Please let me know if there is anything additional you need. I am very much looking forward to seeing you all in Vienna under Andi's gracious hosting.
Safe travels to those coming in from afar,
-----------------Rebecca's message regarding the group survey, see survey link at the bottom-------------------
Dear RDA WG and IG Chairs,
A categorization scheme for RDA Working Groups and Interest Groups based on core goals around data sharing, reuse, and interoperability was presented at the TAB/Chairs meeting during Plenary 11 in Berlin. The categorization is intended to address the following issues:
Help RDA members and non-members to understand the activities within RDA
Identify connections across groups
Help RDA (organization) identify gaps and overlaps among groups
Help to communicate the work of RDA to outsiders/funders
The attendees at the Berlin meeting agreed that this approach could be useful so we are now using this survey to gather information on each Working Group and Interest Group. If you are chair of more than one group, you will need to complete the survey for each group.
The results of the survey will be analyzed and the initial results made available in dynamic network graph visualization. This analysis will be used to inform other road mapping exercises led by Bob Hanisch and Francoise Genova with help from Anthony Juene.
The survey takes approximately 5 minutes.
Link to survey: https://bit.ly/2vkCoPI
Executive Director, DataONE
University of New Mexico
1312 Basehart SE
Albuquerque, NM 87106
Cell: (505) 382-0890
Fax: (505) 246-6007
Chairs meeting updates
You are here