We would like to present the first outcomes of this working group which is the landscape assessment and the interim results of the work on the adapted Godan action curriculum. The WG is currently creating an outline that can be used to integrate training on agricultural research data management to the already existing modules on open data. The meeting would serve to present these first developments and to discuss them with the audience.
Collaborative session notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ia238Y0JjBMZEhrTW5CbBenmuIb2aLdSvje339gpyGg/edit?usp=sharing
- Welcome and summary of goals and accomplishments to date
- Overview and presentation of the findings of the landscape assessment
- Review and refinement of the work on the outline
- Summary and discussion
(suggested but not limited to)
- IGAD members and any other researchers interested in training on research data
- Practicioners involved in education and training
- Policy makers on Data management in Agriculture,
- Data managers, data mining experts, data analysts
- Librarians, data curators
The aim of this Working Group (WG) is to develop synergies between existing education and training activities and agricultural science needs by identifying existing gaps and training requirements within the related Interest Group on Agricultural Data (IGAD) WGs. A particular focus will be on sharing knowledge about training initiatives and technologies and on empowering the existing collaboration with GODAN and GODAN Action. GODAN Action is a project to enable the effective use of open data in tackling the food security and nutrition challenges by building the capacity of potential stakeholders to both understand the potential of open data for agriculture and nutrition and to engage with it practically http://www.godan.info/godan-action.
operative, the group has been established in July 2018 is about to submit the landscape assessment and has already started their work on an outline that enriches the Godan Action curriculum (that is focussed on open data) with modules about research data.