ARCHIVER Early Adopters Programme & webinar
Are you part of a public sector research organisation with needs for standards-based, cost-effective data archiving and preservation service?
Using a Pre Commercial Procurement (PCP) instrument, the ARCHIVER project is creating an eco-system for specialist ICT companies active in archiving, who would like to introduce new services capable of supporting the expanding needs of research communities but are currently prevented from doing so because there is no common procurement activity for the advanced stewardship of publicly funded data in Europe. Via the ARCHIVER PCP, (public and private) contractors, grouped in consortia, will be selected and asked to perform R&D to develop data archiving and preservation cloud based services complementing the current on-premise services of a group of four procuring organizations (the “Buyers Group”).
The Early Adopters Programme
ARCHIVER Early Adopter Programme is open to organisations with a special interest in closely following the ARCHIVER PCP, from either a policy or demand perspective. It allows you to help shape the R&D carried out in the project, test the solutions developed, giving your organisation a potential route to purchasing pilot-scale services.
By becoming an Early Adopter your organisation will be able to:
- Be consulted during the preparation of future ARCHIVER phases;
- Access material produced by the project;
- Propose your own use cases that you are willing to deploy, test resulting services and assess their support for OAIS, FAIR and Open Data as well their cost-effectiveness;
- Benefit from training sessions covering the services developed during the ARCHIVER project;
- Have a legal basis for procuring pilot-scale services directly from the service providers, and request the Buyers Group to obtain pricing for these services on your behalf under certain conditions.
These benefits are all optional and at your discretion. As an Early Adopter, you can pick and choose the benefits that work for you and tailor your degree of participation in the project.
Organisations interested in joining ARCHIVER as Early Adopters need to express their interests before September 22nd, 2019.
A webinar scheduled on Wednesday 04th September 2019 at 11.00 am CEST, will provide more information about the ARCHIVER project aims, the R&D challenge being addressed, and the timescales; and the benefits and obligations for participants in the Early Adopters programme. Registration is needed at this link