- Collaborative Notes Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CkgoqXNwiDmGJIjF8JKarxYhgP09fXdpXhU52Z...
- Remote access registration:
- 8 April 2020, 8am UTC: https://aarnet.zoom.us/meeting/register/uJYpd-CpqjkuWk0SUGByo-5PxDQP5fyRUA
- 8 April 2020, 3pm UTC: https://aarnet.zoom.us/meeting/register/upAqfuyhrz0q8mMwh-fKTo7Pj17DYN2-9Q
Presenting adopters' approaches, solutions and implementations
Discussing feedback from adopters
Identifying the next steps forward, adaptations required, etc.
Draft Program for the WG meeting
1. Short description of the WG recommendations (for newcomers)
2. Brief reports on use cases
3. Report on survey paper on adoptions
4. Collaboration with other WGs and IGs, questions concerning data versioning
5. Other issues, future of the WG
- Data Center Operators wishing to provide precise identification and citation services
- Researchers wanting to encourage their data center operators to provide data identification and citation services
The RDA Working Group on Data Citation (WG-DC) brings together experts addressing the issues, requirements, advantages and shortcomings of existing approaches for efficiently identifying and citing arbitrary subsets of (potentially highly dynamic) data. It's recommendations are based upon on (1) timestamping and versioning changes to evolving data and (2) identifying arbitrary subsets by assigning PIDs to the queries selecting the according subsets and are applicable across all types of data, such as e.g. collections of files, relational databases, multidimensional data cubes or regions in images..
The WGDC Recommendations in the short form of a 2-page flyer are available at: https://www.rd-alliance.org/recommendations-working-group-data-citation-... (http://dx.doi.org/10.15497/RDA00016)
An extended Description of Recommendations is available at: Bulletin of the IEEE Technical Committee on Digital Libraries, 12:1, 2016.
Webinar recordings as well as slide sets and supporting papers by adopters presenting their experience in implementing the recommendations are collected at the RDA WGDC webinar page at
The Data Citation WG has delivered its outputs and is now primarily focusing on supporting adoption by maintaining these outputs, assisting institutions in implementing the recommendations and sharing the lessons learned.