Discussing feedback from adopters
Identifying the next steps forward, adaptations required, etc.
Collaborative session notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16rNoGaNZlyrVb5dKPR3VlDgX1usgufiX1QHx7MF4lHw/edit?usp=sharing
Draft Program for the WG meeting
1. Short description of the WG recommendations (for newcomers)
2. Report on standardisation process
3. Brief reports on use cases
4. Collaboration with other WGs and IGs, questions concerning data versioning
5. Other issues, future of the WG
- Data Center Operators wishing to provide precise identification and citation services
- Researchers wanting to encourage their data center operators to provide data identification and citation services
The RDA Working Group on Data Citation (WG-DC) aims to bring together agroup of experts to discuss the issues, requirements, advantages and shortcomings of existing approaches for efficiently identifying and citing subsets of data.
The final recommendations of the WGDC are available at https://rd-alliance.org/system/files/documents/RDA-DC-Recommendations_151020.pdf (2-page flyer), with a slightly more extensive report being available at http://www.ieee-tcdl.org/Bulletin/v12n1/papers/IEEE-TCDL-DC-2016_paper_1.pdf (Bulletin of the IEEE Technical Committee on Digital Libraries, 12:1, 2016).
The WGDC has now moved on into an adoption phase, supporting numerous data centers in implementing these recommendations and collecting feedback and lessons learned on the way.
finished - in Adoption Phase supporting Institutions planing to or in the process of implementing the recommendations