Back to RDA Plenary 14 main page
The Aalto University Campus welcomes the RDA Community!
The Aalto University Campus will be the venue for the 14th RDA Plenary.
The campus is located in Otaniemi area in the city of Espoo. There is a metro station at the heart of the campus which makes it an easy to reach destination. Travel time from Helsinki to Otaniemi is only 10 minutes by metro. The plenary will take place in two buildings within three-minute walking distance of each other.
Dipoli, the main building of Aalto University, will be the main venue of the plenary. Some of the events will take place in the Undergraduate Center next to it. Both buildings are important landmarks of Finnish architecture.
01250 Espoo, Finland
01250, Espoo Finland
How to reach the venue
From the airport:
Helsinki-Vantaa airport is located approximately 20 kilometres from Helsinki city center and Otaniemi, Espoo. The journey from the airport to both destinations takes ca. 30 minutes by taxi. There is also a direct train connection from the airport to Helsinki city center (ca. 50 min) and multiple bus connections from the airport to Otaniemi (ca. 1 h 10 min).
From Helsinki to the venue:
The journey from Helsinki city center to Otaniemi, Espoo takes only 10 minutes by metro. Hop off at the station “Aalto university” and exit the metro station by the exit A“ (“Otaniementie”) which is the most convenient one of the two exits.
We recommend Helsinki Regional Transport (HSL) app for buying tickets and planning a journey: www.hsl.fi/en/app
For more information on tickets and fares, see: www.hsl.fi/en/tickets-and-fares
Airport taxi: www.airporttaxi.fi/en/ (fixed prices)
Taxi dispatch center: www.lahitaksi.fi/en (Prices may vary between operators and depending on the current demand of taxis.)
Information on the deregulation of taxi market
The RDA Social Dinner is taking place on Thursday 24 October 2019 at Tapahtumatalo Bank Restaurant.
How to reach the restaurant
Directions from Dipoli to Tapahtimatalo Bank:
1. From Dipoli walk about 550mt (9 minutes) to the Aalto-Yliopisto metro station.
2. Buy a ticket for AB zones. A single ticket for one-off journey is 2.80 euro and it is valid for 90 min. Single tickets are available from ticket machines, R-kiosks and other HSL sales points, or via the HSL app. More info about tickets and fares here.
3. Take line M1 (Vuosaari direction) or Line M2 (Mellunmäki direction) for six stops. Yes, there are only 2 lines.
4. Get off at Helsingin Yliopisto metro station.
5. Take exit D to Yliopistonkatu.
6. From here you can either walk 650m to the dinner location on Unioninkatu 20 (Tapahtumatalo Bank) or take tram no. 2 (Olympiaterm. Via Kauppatori direction) for two stops. You can use the same ticket you bought for the metro.